NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard today on the grape vine that Hills Eagles have parted ways with Dragicevic. Anyone know any more details?

Pretty sure he signed for two years, 2013 and 2014.

I see on the NEAFL site. Bourke has resigned with Eastlakes for 2 more.

What about Qbn and Belco??

TIPPING COMPETITION FOR FINALS
week 3

....................................ATTEMPTS ........................NAILED ............................PERCENTAGE
ABH ...................................5 ...................................4 .........................................80%
FOOTYTRAGIC222............... 5................................... 3 .........................................60%
ONE4THEROAD.................... 4 ...................................2 ........................................50%
CARLTONDRAUGHT.............. 4 ...................................2 ........................................50%
JUSTABARAKER ...................6 ....................................3 ........................................50%

Nice work ABH again. You win.

Thanks to everyone who took an interest in the footy tipping this year.

With Lions winning Northern Conference and Swans winning Eastern Conference, does anyone think that, with the new NEAFL where, supposedly, AFL Clubs may be able to play unrestricted numbers, that a non AFL team will win?

With Lions winning Northern Conference and Swans winning Eastern Conference, does anyone think that, with the new NEAFL where, supposedly, AFL Clubs may be able to play unrestricted numbers, that a non AFL team will win?

more importantly, will anyone turn up to the game this weekend...

Check out our unique report on last Sunday's NEAFL Northern Grand Final at http://matchdayburger.com/

As discussed in our report, it's no surprise that its a Lions v Swans NEAFL decider this weekend. It was a great day of second-tier footy!

no suprise at all.... pity the swans and lioms dont take it as seriously as non afl clubs.

apparently they have but not officially announced, would be best not confirming but would of thought they would of been best advertising at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see that the QLD NEAFL is having a "combine"....sort of a Draft Camp by the sounds of it. The best and brightest from their branch of the NEAFL will strut their stuff (skin folds, vertical leaps, sprints I suppose) to promote these youngsters to AFL clubs.

Is our Eastern branch likely to do something similar ? It would give street cred to the comp if we could get some more guys onto AFL lists.

apparently they have but not officially announced, would be best not confirming but would of thought they would of been best advertising at least.

I see on the NEAFL website that Hills Eagles have lost Buchanan to GWS in a full time coaching role. This will be a big loss and certainly not ideal for them heading into the new comp next year.

I'm also hearing that Dragicevic may be kept on as the coach as long as he retires from playing. Do you have any updates JSG?

I see on the NEAFL website that Hills Eagles have lost Buchanan to GWS in a full time coaching role. This will be a big loss and certainly not ideal for them heading into the new comp next year.

I'm also hearing that Dragicevic may be kept on as the coach as long as he retires from playing. Do you have any updates JSG?
havent heard that one...job wasnt advertised but apparently given to someone else who was assistant to Draga.

havent heard that one...job wasnt advertised but apparently given to someone else who was assistant to Draga.

Does that mean that Draga is no longer the coach ? If he isn't then who is the assistant that got the gig ?

Not so sure that Buchanan is lost to the Eagles - they are very close to GWS and you can be sure that the trade goes two ways there. Their coaches seem to be inter-tangled and it's a safe bet that ideas will be swapped between the two. And, of course, now Buchanan knows that strengths and weaknesses of every Eagles player and that will be useful information for all concerned.

I gather that Selby Lee-Steere has been signed up and that will add some strength. As well, GWS will attract some young hopefuls who will supplement the Eagles list as they have done in the two previous NEAFL years.

Seems to me that the Eagles are setting themselves up very nicely thankyou for the years to come.

Not sure how things sit for the ACT/Qbn clubs in the new revised comp but they know what they are up against if they persist in the Brave New World of NEAFL.

it was pretty common knowledge a few weeks ago that he lost spot unless there has been a big back flip. the assistant where the rumours go to is michael sankey but nothing seems to be formally announced so there may be something holding up such a announcement

playing wise buchannon was solid but with new gig one would say he would put all into gws and not eagles. selby signing intersting not going to be game breaker though and to be competitive in this new comp some solid recruits would be required to ensure not just making the numbers.

it was pretty common knowledge a few weeks ago that he lost spot unless there has been a big back flip. the assistant where the rumours go to is michael sankey but nothing seems to be formally announced so there may be something holding up such a announcement

playing wise buchannon was solid but with new gig one would say he would put all into gws and not eagles. selby signing intersting not going to be game breaker though and to be competitive in this new comp some solid recruits would be required to ensure not just making the numbers.

On the money JSG ! The Eagles website has announced that Sankey has been appointed to the coaching job.

that was the one, spot on 3rd coach in three years lets hope not a poison chalice for him.

What do you think of the decision JSG and do you think he will be able to improve on their results of this year?

What do you think of the decision JSG and do you think he will be able to improve on their results of this year?
Jury is out on this one..... depends on a number of things this year, I think advertising for the role would of been a good thing to start with to see if there was outside interest, Sankey has been at club a while however his senior coaching limited in a head coach role in that year his results weren't great but that was due to a number of factors not entirely his fault.

The list this year was supposedly better than the year before and results were worse. The comp this year will get stronger with new structure and wins will be harder to come across.

I think a gamble... but will it be a gamble where the result could be favorable who knows.

1. I'm thinking that, if you go from two AFL-credentialled coaches down to one with hardly any solo experience, then you are going to get him el-cheapo. Sounds like a bit of a long shot but Queanbeyan tried it and it won them a flag last year.

Wouldn't think winning a flag would occur, and he wouldn't of come too cheap but likely a bit less than garner and dragga. Be interesting anyway, think bold move but sometimes they do pay off. They say comes in threes and this is third in three years if you look at it this way.

News on the vine is big Kav is on the move from the tigs anyone care to confirm?

Also a couple more border players to make their way into the yellow and black next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back