Current Terowie body in the tub

Remove this Banner Ad

Human remains have been found in a tub in a person's home in Terowie, SA. A very small town in roughly the same region as snowtown.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...ones-in-sa-house/story-fn3dxiwe-1226746574465

A PARTIAL skeleton police say belongs to someone violently murdered has been found in a plastic tub in a house in South Australia.
The remains were found in the Terowie home, north of Adelaide, on Thursday after officers went there on a routine firearms search.
Detective Superintendent Des Bray said an initial examination of the bones indicated foul play.
"While the cause of death is unknown at this stage, we believe the person met a violent death," he said.
A 25-year-old man who was living at the home has been charged with failing to report a death and is expected to appear in the Port Pirie Magistrates Court on Friday.

And, according to Twitter, the whole thing just gets worse:

ScreenShot2013-10-25at71805PM_zpseca5ecff.png

https://twitter.com/ADearlove33

What is it with rural South Australia and bodies, tubs/vats and Centrelink benefits?

Crazy, the article states that there is a patch of land out the back that has been freshly dug, but that the crime isn't really a recent one (given that it was human remains rather than a body). He surely didn't have it sitting in his house for a few months?

Wonder how much further this can go? Was he a local? Did he know the victim? Must of knew who he was to be claiming his Centrelink? I admit i don't know how you get paid on Centrelink though.

The first thing I thought of when I read it occurred in SA was Snowtown - perhaps most others will too?

I wonder how many more bodies there will be and as a result how many more Centrelink payments were being illegally collected? Gut feeling is it will be more than one - hope I'm wrong.

That tweet is from a journalist based a fair way away from the case, albeit still in regional SA. I wouldn't take it as gospel just yet, but will be interesting if it comes out that way.

Wonder how much further this can go? Was he a local? Did he know the victim? Must of knew who he was to be claiming his Centrelink? I admit i don't know how you get paid on Centrelink though.

The man arrested has been identified as a Terowie local and has been named in the media as Christopher Scott.

The man arrested has been identified as a Terowie local and has been named in the media as Christopher Scott.

Yup sorry, i meant i was wondering if the victim was a local :p Although you would have thought in a small town like Terowie that word would spread pretty quick if it was someone from there that went missing.

Yup sorry, i meant i was wondering if the victim was a local :p Although you would have thought in a small town like Terowie that word would spread pretty quick if it was someone from there that went missing.

I'm trying to figure that out myself. My dad still identifies himself as a Terowie boy.

I wonder if he'd be able to shed any light on whether this journo's "sources" are correct. Unfortunately he is somewhere near alice springs and out of phone range :/

And, according to Twitter, the whole thing just gets worse:

ScreenShot2013-10-25at71805PM_zpseca5ecff.png

https://twitter.com/ADearlove33

What is it with rural South Australia and bodies, tubs/vats and Centrelink benefits?

That tweet was from when this case broke and now it looks like it was on the right track.

http://www.sapolicenews.com.au/comp...e-cctv-in-connection-with-terowie-murder.html
Detectives investigating the murder of Martin Craig Meffert at Terowie are calling on the public to help identify a man seen accessing Mr Meffert's bank account.
Mr Meffert's skeletal remains were found at a Terowie property on October 24 this year.
While the original motive for Mr Meffert's murder remains unclear, detectives from the Major Crime Investigation Branch have identified that other people have been accessing his bank account since 2005 and have been withdrawing the money paid from his Disability Support Pension.

Human remains have been found in a tub in a person's home in Terowie, SA. A very small town in roughly the same region as snowtown.
You could probably fit the whole state of victoria in between terowie and snowtown, roughly:rolleyes:
"Snowtown" was very much a city crime,all the victims and the perpetrators lived in Adelaide or Murray bridge. As with most other serial killings, rural areas are used to dispose of the bodies and/or torture rape ect.

The centerlink benefits thing is of interest. SAPOL have released footage of two different men using the victims keycard in Jamestown (it won't belong before facial recognition software identifies them)

The main thing out of this crime is the fact the authorities did nothing after snowtown to stop this happening again. this guy hasn't been seen by anyone in centerlink for years, like the snowtown victims. If centerlink made yearly checks on its DSP clients, who are at risk of this sort of thing, it could be stamped out. But like SAPOL in the late 90's who were responsible for victim after snowtown victim, they don't care about the trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could probably fit the whole state of victoria in between terowie and snowtown, roughly:rolleyes:

A bit over the top, I'm from that region (have lived in Peterborough and Jamestown while growing up and played footy against snowtown) and would say they are all around the same area, especially in relation to where I am now.

Rest of your post is about right, good points.

and would say they are all around the same area, especially in relation to where I am now.

A few rivers, highways, a mountain range and 136 k's inbetween. Maybe i exaggerated a point that needed to be made?.

I've raced black rock.

A few rivers, highways, a mountain range and 136 k's inbetween. Maybe i exaggerated a point that needed to be made?.

I've raced black rock.

Meh, semantics. It's all "up that way" to me now ;) But yeah, has anything else come out after the police revealed the footage?

Terowie appears to have changed a lot. Dad says he hardly recognises any names from there now - guess most of the old families, like ours, have moved away off the land and now the town is full of the low socio-economic class. Cheap housing and all that.

The Grave robbers...

The second one is recognisable, amazed these three haven't been caught yet, that video has been out for a while now, they seem like they would either live together or drink together at the pub, seems these guys have fled interstate.

Thats the ATM in Jamestown apparently. Quite obviously there typical bogan locals, lots of people will know who they are. I'd hazard a guess and say that as result of SAPOL being despised by country Bogans, no ones coming forward. SAPOl have a big rep in this area. Those three clearly look like cone heads. Everyone knows everyone in that area.

That is pretty Fracken sad,if that's the case.

A man accused of murder pulled a human skull out of a box "like a show-and-tell" to a friend in the years following the 23-year-old's disappearance, a court has heard.

Last month, following a breakthrough in the cold case, police arrested and charged a 30-year-old man from Terowie with his murder.

He cannot be named because he was 16 years old at the time of the alleged murder.

Police found about 40 per cent of Mr Meffert's skeletal remains in the fireplace of a Terowie home in October 2013.

They alleged more than $136,000 in disability pension money was withdrawn from Mr Meffert's bank account following his death.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-16/terowie-murder-skull-box-court/10383086

Remove this Banner Ad

Back