Review TD's 2013 Draft Review Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well what an exciting Trade Period for the Mighty Pies.

Brought in a Gun Young Mid in Adams, a Tall Forward to go along Cloke in Jesse White and a Verstile Player in Karnezis.

But we also lost some Good Players. Daisy a Club Favourite went to the Scum and got Compo Back from him in Pick 11 but Turned that into Pick 6:thumbsu: Lost Heater but that came in the Taylor Adams so that Soften the Blow. Lost Paine who I am a Fan of but did not play at all last season. Reid got games ahead of him so with White Coming in the Writing was on the Well. Sad to see him Leave but got a Good Versatile Player in Return.

Give our Trade Period a B+.

Will write more about each trade in the next few Posts

PICK 6 AND WHITE
This was a Really Good Trade in my Mind. As we upgraded our Compo Pick from 11 to 6 and Then getting a 3rd Round Upgrade from 49 to 44 and then Use on Jesse White who will go well alongside Cloke who needs that extra help. All we had to give up for this was really our 2nd Round Pick 27.​
Also doing this Trade means that we made sure that the Shaw and Adams trade had to be a Straight Swap as our 2nd and 3rd Round picks that could of been used where traded away.​
Grade - A

PICK 6 AND WHITE
This was a Really Good Trade in my Mind. As we upgraded our Compo Pick from 11 to 6 and Then getting a 3rd Round Upgrade from 49 to 44 and then Use on Jesse White who will go well alongside Cloke who needs that extra help. All we had to give up for this was really our 2nd Round Pick 27.​
Also doing this Trade means that we made sure that the Shaw and Adams trade had to be a Straight Swap as our 2nd and 3rd Round picks that could of been used where traded away.​
Grade - A

thats what i liked about that trade. GWS had no options left but a straight swap, plus my idea of paying some of shaws contract. well done derek on reading my post :p

Brought in a Gun Young Mid in Adams, a Tall Forward to go along Cloke in Jesse White and a Verstile Player in Karnezis.

But we also lost some Good Players. Daisy a Club Favourite went to the Scum and got Compo Back from him in Pick 11 but Turned that into Pick 6:thumbsu: Lost Heater but that came in the Taylor Adams so that Soften the Blow. Lost Paine who I am a Fan of but did not play at all last season. Reid got games ahead of him so with White Coming in the Writing was on the Well. Sad to see him Leave but got a Good Versatile Player in Return.

Hahaha, would love to quote a thousand posts from the 2nd week of trade period on the Friday.........I bet this was never mentioned up until then!

I think I'm more sold on Karnezis as a player and contributor then Jesse White. A year of so with Pendles and co and a built up tank he could be very handy in 2014 and beyond. Exciting stuff.

Having said that Jesse White is young and looms as a key figure next season, hopefully his attack on the ball is likened to his final few games as a Swan. I want him to earn his call up into our team not just be given the role come round 1.

Adams looks a leader, reminds me of Banks off The Mighty Ducks (The kid who gets 'traded' into the Ducks team). Can't wait, like Karnezis to see his growth under our more season campaigners.

Plus Pick 6 & 10 WOot WOot!

Top marks for Hine and co :)

thats what i liked about that trade. GWS had no options left but a straight swap, plus my idea of paying some of shaws contract. well done derek on reading my post :p

Well I think that might happen more in the Future. Where if a Club bring in a Young Player on Less Money for the Player they are Trading Out.

That the Club will pay part of the Contract so they can keep Picks

Adams and Shaw Straight Trade
Very Intresting Trade as we give up a Star in Heater but get a Young Gun back with Taylor Adams.​
Adams is very highly rated Young Inside Mid and will massively Benfit from being around Pendles,Swan,Ball,Sidebottom and Beams. Players who he can learn off. Also Burns as Midfield Coach will help his Development. He is the Young Inside Mid we wanted who can Replace Ball in a Year or 2. Ball be a Awesome Mentor for Adams.​
Though Losing Heater does hurt a bit as we will miss his Dashes from Defenseive 50 and That Lifted the Team. But this season he seemed very Frustrated at Times and Might of Needed a New Home.​
WIN/WIN Trade - Give it a B

Nice to see you get a post in before someone else :D

I would've thought our overall trade period was much stronger than a B+. Of course it will be some time before we can realise how good this period is, but to have the capacity to bring in 3 virtually top 10 (think Adams is virtually a top 10) picks in a season is amazing for the club. Notwithstanding that we lost Shaw and Daisy, but I do believe overall we will have improved our list markedly, from a talent perspective, and also attitude (culture)

So I'm just touch more optimistic in our overall performance and give us an A

Nice to see you get a post in before someone else :D

I would've thought our overall trade period was much stronger than a B+. Of course it will be some time before we can realise how good this period is, but to have the capacity to bring in 3 virtually top 10 (think Adams is virtually a top 10) picks in a season is amazing for the club. Notwithstanding that we lost Shaw and Daisy, but I do believe overall we will have improved our list markedly, from a talent perspective, and also attitude (culture)

So I'm just touch more optimistic in our overall performance and give us an A

Make a Good Point about Adams and Hine Views this year's Draft very Shallow

A lot of the retrospective marker of success will hinge on what Jesse White brings.

I think Taylor Adams will be a gun, that's virtually a lock.

If we see the full potential of White, then it's a been a cracker of a trade period.

But if he fails to bring any presence to our forward line and doesn't give a meaningful chop out for Cloke, pretty much like Q stick did this year, then that will take a lot of the gloss off.

Karnesis also could go either way but Jesse has the bigger upside if he really bursts onto the scene, liberating Cloke to be even more of a factor than he already is.

Getting pick 6 on top of the above, as well as the 10 - wow that's great work.

In all truth, Daisy and Heater's net benefit last year wasn't that high for various reasons, so the 'replacements' don't have a lot to beat in terms of comparative benefit.

Well done Hine and Rendell and Bucks as well.

Karnezis for Paine
Well this is really trading to Players who are not in there Teams Best 22.

Paine is a KPF who Kicked 45 Goals in the VFL but could not Crack the AFL Side. Reid got a Go Before Him and with White Coming in his Chances have Lessened.

Karnezis is a 3rd Tall Forward who has versatility to become a Tall Midfielder. He has said to have Freakish Skills but is on the Soft Side and Defensive Work needs more Work.

Really not a Massive Trade just Moving Players to Teams they want to play for and get more Chances to play as well.

Grade: B-

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of the retrospective marker of success will hinge on what Jesse White brings.

If we see the full potential of White, then it's a been a cracker of a trade period.

But if he fails to bring any presence to our forward line and doesn't give a meaningful chop out for Cloke, pretty much like Q stick did this year, then that will take a lot of the gloss off.

Karnesis also could go either way but Jesse has the bigger upside if he really bursts onto the scene, liberating Cloke to be even more of a factor than he already is.

In all truth, Daisy and Heater's net benefit last year wasn't that high for various reasons, so the 'replacements' don't have a lot to beat in terms of comparative benefit.

The other thing to consider when making a comparison is the quality of players that get taken around the picks we would've had. Which obviously can't be judged for a couple of years at least.

Agree with a Lot you Say.

Adams is a Lock to at least being a very good player but has Potential to be a Elite Talent.

White yeah is bit of a One that could go Either way and same with Karnezis as they could become very good players for us or gone in 2 Seasons

From the get go we targeted all of White, Adams and Karnesis.

Dekka and team not only successfully negotiated the acquisition of all 3 but also retained 2 picks in the top ten including an upgrade to 6.

They deserve an A. :thumbsu:

;)

z0z7.jpg

Adams and Pick 6 will be the Blue Chip Prospects we have got this Trade Period:D

I think we can add pick 10 as another blue chip Dave.:thumbsu:

Hine himself stated he felt there was "a real separation between the top 10 and the next group".

I think we can add pick 10 as another blue chip Dave.:thumbsu:

Hine himself stated he felt there was "a real separation between the top 10 and the next group".

We had Pick 10 before the Draft. That is why I did not say Pick 10

I don't think the trade/free agency period was perfect by any means for us, but we've done quite well in comparison to other clubs around us.

We've lost some real experience in Thomas, Shaw, Didak, Jolly and Krakouer and while in the short-term this may hurt us, I hope our recruiting in the off-season will benefit us in the long-term.

The real positives of this period is having two picks inside the top 10 and obtaining Taylor Adams who's going to be a gun footballer for the club for the next 10 years. A fantastic piece of recruiting by Derek Hine.

I know a lot of people are very hopeful about White, but I still feel that the jury is out on him. He could go either way and I am a little concerned that we may have another Q.Lynch on our hands again, but hopefully I'm proven wrong. I do admit that he improved in the latter part of the 2013 season for the Swans, so maybe his finally reaching his potential now and structurally he's a good recruit for us.

Karnezis is another one that could be hit and miss again. I guess the positive about him is the fact he should be committed to playing for us because he's back home playing in Victoria, he supported the Pies and he seems motivated to kick start his career. He's only 21 so there's plenty of time for him to make his mark. I have a feeling he'll have to start from the VFL and earn his way into the side.

Overall we've done well, but I'm still a little sure about White and Karnezis but I'm hopeful that they'll produce the goods. I'm very happy to have pick 6 and 10 and Adams in our possession now.

I don't think the trade/free agency period was perfect by any means for us, but we've done quite well in comparison to other clubs around us.

We've lost some real experience in Thomas, Shaw, Didak, Jolly and Krakouer and while in the short-term this may hurt us, I hope our recruiting in the off-season will benefit us in the long-term.

The real positives of this period is having two picks inside the top 10 and obtaining Taylor Adams who's going to be a gun footballer for the club for the next 10 years. A fantastic piece of recruiting by Derek Hine.

I know a lot of people are very hopeful about White, but I still feel that the jury is out on him. He could go either way and I am a little concerned that we may have another Q.Lynch on our hands again, but hopefully I'm proven wrong. I do admit that he improved in the latter part of the 2013 season for the Swans, so maybe his finally reaching his potential now and structurally he's a good recruit for us.

Karnezis is another one that could be hit and miss again. I guess the positive about him is the fact he should be committed to playing for us because he's back home playing in Victoria, he supported the Pies and he seems motivated to kick start his career. He's only 21 so there's plenty of time for him to make his mark. I have a feeling he'll have to start from the VFL and earn his way into the side.

Overall we've done well, but I'm still a little sure about White and Karnezis but I'm hopeful that they'll produce the goods. I'm very happy to have pick 6 and 10 and Adams in our possession now.

Well Losing the Star will Hurt Us probably for a Season or 2. But once Pick 6 and 10 have a Few Seasons under the Belt then we could be a Top 4 Side again.

Adams having 31 games already means he should really come on the next season or 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back