FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_mvzp3jFTkB1riqzzfo1_500.gif

Extended trailer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01lb74r

Doctor’s comparing sonic’s? CHECK.

Doctor’s seeing each other wearing similar items of clothing and liking it? CHECK.

Old Doctor complaining about how the new Doctor has decorated the TARDIS? CHECK.

There'd better be at least one classic series Doctor present - even if he's stuck in one of those time eddies that come along every 10 years or so

There'd better be at least one classic series Doctor present - even if he's stuck in one of those time eddies that come along every 10 years or so

I'd hope so, but they might be worried about the fact that all of them would look SO much older. There's a chance of McGann, since he hasn't aged that much.

About a year ago I tweeted saying that all I wanted for the 50th Anniversary Special was a 4 part McGann-Eccleston-Tennant-Smith Time War story. I'll take Tennant-Smith-Hurt. Not bad. ;)

I'd hope so, but they might be worried about the fact that all of them would look SO much older. There's a chance of McGann, since he hasn't aged that much.

About a year ago I tweeted saying that all I wanted for the 50th Anniversary Special was a 4 part McGann-Eccleston-Tennant-Smith Time War story. I'll take Tennant-Smith-Hurt. Not bad. ;)

Did actually hear that Peter Davison may be involved too - would be happy with that. Been meaning to listen to more of those audio dramas - thanks for the tip.

Did actually hear that Peter Davison may be involved too - would be happy with that. Been meaning to listen to more of those audio dramas - thanks for the tip.

Davison coming back again after Time Crash? Aka "David Tennant fanboys out for 10 minutes".

Although it did have the greatest line in Doctor Who history.

tumblr_mhbcpl8bxA1qay7h9o1_400.gif

tumblr_mhbcpl8bxA1qay7h9o2_400.gif

True, but surely they could involve a couple of the classic Doctors with something like a quick voice over or 2. Or perhaps even a cameo from Davison and McGann. Otherwise they may as well just call it an 8th anniversary special or something..

True, but surely they could involve a couple of the classic Doctors with something like a quick voice over or 2. Or perhaps even a cameo from Davison and McGann. Otherwise they may as well just call it an 8th anniversary special or something..

Each episode in S7 contained a reference/throwback to each classic Doctor. There's the Light At the End amongst a whole lot of other tributes to Classic Who. It's a massive celebration. This TV special is one part of it, not the be all and end all.

I'm really looking forward to An Adventure in Space and Time.

Doctor_Who_-_An_Adventure_in_Space_and_Time_Poster.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It gets all very incestuous.
  • Georgia Moffett is Peter Davison's daughter. She is, thus, in reality, the daughter of the 5th Doctor.
  • She played the role of "Jenny" in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter", in which she played the role of the daughter (by cloning) of the 10th Doctor (Tennant).
  • She and Tennant have been married since 2011

It gets all very incestuous.
  • Georgia Moffett is Peter Davison's daughter. She is, thus, in reality, the daughter of the 5th Doctor.
  • She played the role of "Jenny" in the episode "The Doctor's Daughter", in which she played the role of the daughter (by cloning) of the 10th Doctor (Tennant).
  • She and Tennant have been married since 2011

trust vader to find the father connection

This is as good a thread as any to post this. Has anybody noticed that all the Doctor Whos have never had a moustache or beard? Does anyone know whether this is a stipulation set down by the creators of the series? And why is Doctor Who only ever referred to as The Doctor, and never Doctor Who?

This is as good a thread as any to post this. Has anybody noticed that all the Doctor Whos have never had a moustache or beard? Does anyone know whether this is a stipulation set down by the creators of the series? And why is Doctor Who only ever referred to as The Doctor, and never Doctor Who?

The Doctor is his name* - not Doctor Who - which is the name of the TV show.... the title of the show is meant to convey that there is a degree of mystery about who the Doctor actually is.

Facial hair has tended to be associated with the Master but it is an interesting observation

*not really - long story though

The Doctor is his name* - not Doctor Who - which is the name of the TV show.... the title of the show is meant to convey that there is a degree of mystery about who the Doctor actually is.

Facial hair has tended to be associated with the Master but it is an interesting observation

*not really - long story though
The Doctor IS his name. Its the one he adopted. His true name, though... we don't know.
River would know.png

I'd hope so, but they might be worried about the fact that all of them would look SO much older.

I have a theory in mind for how this could work.

In my mind, Time Lords can control how they age (River Song once mentioned ageing backwards to freak people out - which was used to explain why she looked older when we saw her regenerate compared to when we first saw her when she died). Secondly, being time travellers, they can bugger off for a hundred years or so and return moments after they apparently left. That would mean that say, 7 could look younger, go trotting off around the universe by himself, decide to age a bit in the process, have an adventure with a future version of himself and then return to a more youthful appearance when he returns to his companions, because he chooses to age relative to their ageing so that they feel comfortable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back