Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Essee Cross I think that's honestly just a misprint, no computers back in those days. Here's some other sources, some old, some recent

599441-pn-news-fitzroy-logo.jpg

IMG_3091.JPG

thefitzroylionlogo.gif

Dates are now included on the Uniforms pages.
Please review to see if there are any inconsistencies with Home and Pre-VFL/AFL pages as these are correct, and the dates I've used are only using the file name, which in some cases is possibly incorrect.

Dates are now included on the Uniforms pages.
Please review to see if there are any inconsistencies with Home and Pre-VFL/AFL pages as these are correct, and the dates I've used are only using the file name, which in some cases is possibly incorrect.
Looks great Mero great job!
Just a question re: Richmond - How come the straight sash jumper is not on the home jumpers page but is listed in the all uniforms page? Is this an oversight?

Looks great Mero great job!
Just a question re: Richmond - How come the straight sash jumper is not on the home jumpers page but is listed in the all uniforms page? Is this an oversight?

I mentioned the straight sash in the 09 description, so I just made a different version because it was slightly rounded.

Couple of extra small changes with the Brisbane Lions Jumpers:

The Home jumper 1997-99, 2001 did not have BBFFC on the back (Introduced in 2002)

The heritage jumper in 2003 did have BBFFC on the back of it (The 2005 one without it I believe is correct).

Couple of extra small changes with the Brisbane Lions Jumpers:

The Home jumper 1997-99, 2001 did not have BBFFC on the back (Introduced in 2002)

The heritage jumper in 2003 did have BBFFC on the back of it (The 2005 one without it I believe is correct).

No idea what happened there, but fixed now.

Just clearing up the WA section again

No videos of 1994 WA action, but this swan design wasn't seen on the years before. Plus SGIO is sponsor instead of Pepsi
View attachment 35686

If this is a 1994 guernsey then it may be a WAFL guernsey rather than a WA State of Origin guernsey, as WA did not play Origin that year.

Mero,

From browsing old footy records it looks as if Collingwood used the 'magpie in a circle' logo (very similar to Port Adelaide Magpies) in 1995-6. This is not on your website.

What I believe it should read:
-1994: shield logo
1995-6: circle logo
1997-: emblem with Australian flag on right

Mero,

From browsing old footy records it looks as if Collingwood used the 'magpie in a circle' logo (very similar to Port Adelaide Magpies) in 1995-6. This is not on your website.

What I believe it should read:
-1994: shield logo
1995-6: circle logo
1997-: emblem with Australian flag on right
Yeah, I had included that at one point.
I even still have the vector file I made.
However I took it down because I found they used that at the same time as also using the oval/flag one, which came in in 1991 after the premiership.
Yes, the Footy Record used it, but there have been a few cases where the Footy Record did not adopt a logo the club had.

Yeah, I had included that at one point.
I even still have the vector file I made.
However I took it down because I found they used that at the same time as also using the oval/flag one, which came in in 1991 after the premiership.
Yes, the Footy Record used it, but there have been a few cases where the Footy Record did not adopt a logo the club had.

What defines what the official logo is then?

Geelong was using a GFC shield years before you have it listed as official. To me this seems like a similar thing. Clearly Collingwood was still using the standard Marbold shield up until the end of 1994.

Geelong was using a GFC shield years before you have it listed as official. To me this seems like a similar thing. Clearly Collingwood was still using the standard Marbold shield up until the end of 1994.

I try to use whatever the club was using to identify themselves.
The logo with the flag (on the wrong side) came out straight after the 1990 premiership to capitalise on merchandise sales.
As far as the Geelong logo, I don't think they were using it an official capacity until 2000. Before then it was a merchandise logo, like the horrible lion one Fitzroy had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what happened there, but fixed now.

Beautiful:)

Just one other thing, which I think we might need the historians to look into, with the official logos I believe the shield you have listed as 1997 to 2001 as the Lions logo was only used 1998 to 2000. In 1997 we had the the Brisbane Lions font only with no borders, logo or shield, I could be wrong but there was a delay in finalizing the logo as the club had a dispute with the Brisbane Lions soccer club and thus didn't use the Fitzroy Lions monogram until 1998.

We had the 2002-2009 logo on our polo's when we won the flag in 2001.

Melbourne first used this jumper in 2002, although not all players liked it and used the 2001 design. You've got it from 2005 onward. Melbourne-2005.gif

Melbourne first used this jumper in 2002, although not all players liked it and used the 2001 design. You've got it from 2005 onward.View attachment 35784
Hmmm interesting. Have you got any pics or info, I'd genuinely like to hear more about this.

Players preferring other jumpers, why was it they preferred this jumper.

Hmmm interesting. Have you got any pics or info, I'd genuinely like to hear more about this.

Dont remember the exact reason but had something to do with how it sat on the neck. I could be wrong as it was 11 years ago but I do remember reading it somewhere. Ill try and find the reference but I dont like my chances.

Here is a pic of the 2002 new collar and also the 2006 heritage which has a 80s collar, but yours has none. 71505601-simon-godfrey-30-and-aaron-davey-of-the-gettyimages-1.jpg 507202-shane-woewodin-1.jpg

Melbourne first used this jumper in 2002, although not all players liked it and used the 2001 design. You've got it from 2005 onward.View attachment 35784

Dont remember the exact reason but had something to do with how it sat on the neck. I could be wrong as it was 11 years ago but I do remember reading it somewhere. Ill try and find the reference but I dont like my chances.

This photo is from the 2002 second elimination final. Armstrong is wearing a different collar to Woewodin, Yze and White

134285.jpg

I've been doing some research into this Collingwood logo for a while and I can't work out what they were up to in the 90's.

I have a few official Collingwood publications called the the Magpie Years which in years 93 to 95 use the oval logo with the flags then in 96 they use the round logo as mentioned previously - so I believe this is an official logo. I don't have a 97 copy of the book to see what they used that year.

The footy record is just as weird, in 94 on the team list page they use the shield logo but in official adverts they use the oval logo with the flags. In 95 they have the round logo on the team list and official adverts. In 96 they use the oval logo with flags for the team list and adverts.

So in summary I have know idea what was actually the official logo over these years!

This photo is from the 2002 second elimination final. Armstrong is wearing a different collar to Woewodin, Yze and White

134285.jpg
Armstrongs was the new 2002 template which was already used by Essendon, Geelong etc, and the Yze and Woewodin one is the 2001.
Couldnt find the reference regarding players prefering the 2001 design, so maybe I had read it wrong.

Hi Mero,

Since the introduction of the new FJ logo, which looks great. I have thought that www.footyjumpers.com needs some renovations for the new logo to fit better, and look much more at home.

So, after I finished my exams today, I wanted to do something productive, so I made a sample of what the website could potentially look like.

Home Page:

Home_zpse821865d.png

Pretty much the same, I've just changed the colour scheme.

VFL/AFL Club Jumpers Page:

ClubByClubJumpers_zpsdf52b35b.png

Scrapped the logos on the note pad and the table which the logos and text are in.

Club Jumpers Example Page (Fitzroy):

ClubExample_zpsa562dd7f.png

Made it visually better with on the side, basic club information, and next to the text, the most recent jumper in that category worn by the club.

List of Club Home Jumpers:

ClubeMenuExample_zps2cf94829.png

Essentially the same as the Club Jumpers example page.

Jumper example page:

ClubJumperExample_zps5333d704.png

When you click on the image, this page opens. It has the details of what has changed.

I will do other pages later.

Thoughts?

Hi Mero,

Since the introduction of the new FJ logo, which looks great. I have thought that www.footyjumpers.com needs some renovations for the new logo to fit better, and look much more at home.

So, after I finished my exams today, I wanted to do something productive, so I made a sample of what the website could potentially look like.

Home Page:

Home_zpse821865d.png

Scrapped the logos on the note pad and the table which the logos and text are in.

Made it visually better with on the side, basic club information, and next to the text, the most recent jumper in that category worn by the club.

Jumper example page:

When you click on the image, this page opens. It has the details of what has changed.

Thoughts?
Looks nice NM

Hi Mero,

Thoughts?

Very nice looking design the two above would be the only ones that I could see needing tweaks.

Firstly the Club Jumpers page:

The gap between the logo and names needs to be closer. Visually without lines or something in between it is hard for the eyes to line up the text and the logo.

Perhaps something like what I did when I looked at a site redesign last year could work in your concept

ClubbyClubExampleShort.png

Secondly the same applies to the List of Club Jumpers page, though not as bad as the first the gap needs to be closer.

Finally, I know it is just in concept, but the set up of the main information (main content and sidebar on the pages needs work. There is too much white space on some and the others a aligned wrong. Consider using the golden ratio for the main content and sidebar (total width divided by 1.62 = main content width, side bar uses the rest {e.g. 900px width x 1.62 = 555.55px, so main content is 555px and sidebar is 345px}). Doing this will make everything look much more visually appeasing.

But overall good start.

Hi Mero,

Home Page:

Home_zpse821865d.png

Jumper example page:

Thoughts?
Looks good! All I would change is the logo for the shop. Take away the blue box, make the light blue text dark blue, and the white letter sky blue. It looks out of place in just a dark blue box in the middle of nowhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back