Independent Wrestling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
thought i'd start this thread to post whatever news/videos/anything that isnt to do with the above two companies.

i saw a poster today for a show in Ballarat featuring Paul London and Brian Kendrick next weekend. seriously thinking about heading along to my first local show. will be strange seeing two guys i used to love in my super indy mark days in the same badminton arena i used to play (and, to toot my own horn, kick all kinds of ass) in.

thought i'd start this thread to post whatever news/videos/anything that isnt to do with the above two companies.

i saw a poster today for a show in Ballarat featuring Paul London and Brian Kendrick next weekend. seriously thinking about heading along to my first local show. will be strange seeing two guys i used to love in my super indy mark days in the same badminton arena i used to play (and, to toot my own horn, kick all kinds of ass) in.

Wish i didnt have anything on friday as would head up the highway for a look. Havent followed much wrestling for a while, how popular is this Outback Campionship Wrestling? I went on their website and had a look who else they have bought out in the past. Orlando Jordan, Conway, Snitzky, Carlito, Masters... Spewing ive never heard about it til now.

Oh wow they're some big names appearing at these Aussie wrestling events. If only we had a rich guy running these promotions then maybe we could start a really good wrestling promotion and get some well known ROH wrestlers. That would be cool.

Oh wow they're some big names appearing at these Aussie wrestling events. If only we had a rich guy running these promotions then maybe we could start a really good wrestling promotion and get some well known ROH wrestlers. That would be cool.

An actual weekly 2 hr show on Monday Nights (one week LIVE, one week taped) with a PPV every other month, mostly local talent with a few from overseas touring around Oz would be sweet.

An actual weekly 2 hr show on Monday Nights (one week LIVE, one week taped) with a PPV every other month, mostly local talent with a few from overseas touring around Oz would be sweet.

Yep that would be really cool. The only problem is that wrestling isn't really that popular here in Australia and the crowds wouldn't be very good in the long run. I would like to be proven wrong but I just don't see crowds at a wrestling event here in Australia on a consistent basis.

Yep that would be really cool. The only problem is that wrestling isn't really that popular here in Australia and the crowds wouldn't be very good in the long run. I would like to be proven wrong but I just don't see crowds at a wrestling event here in Australia on a consistent basis.

I wouldn't be expecting WWE style production, at least not first up, but just something to whet out appetites from a local perspective... would still be very indy/bush league, but it would be better than nothing. Other issue is that if such a promotion did invest successfully in a few stars, there is always the fear that WWE/TNA might show interest and kidnap them to North America. Obviously more $$$ to be made over there.

I wouldn't be expecting WWE style production, at least not first up, but just something to whet out appetites from a local perspective... would still be very indy/bush league, but it would be better than nothing. Other issue is that if such a promotion did invest successfully in a few stars, there is always the fear that WWE/TNA might show interest and kidnap them to North America. Obviously more $$$ to be made over there.

If our Wrestling promotion is good and they pay the wrestlers well then I see a lot of international wrestlers coming down under as well as keeping some good local talent. It would be cool if there's a TV deal as well. The shows can be rotated weekly in Adelaide,Melbourne,Sydney,West Sydney,Darwin,Brisbane,Perth,Canberra,Newcastle,Gosford,Ballarat,Gold Coast,Townsville,Cairns,Hobart and Geelong. :)

What do you guys think of ROH these days??
I used to watch quite a bit of ROH a few years ago but over the last few years have only watched a bit from time to time. A lot of people have told me that it isn't very good anymore. Looking at their roster on their website now they have quite a few really good wrestlers. I've noticed they they still have Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards listed on their roster even though they left the company back in August and made their WWE development debut last month. The Briscoes are awesome and I'm surprised WWE haven't signed them yet. Alex Koslov is there as well. I liked Koslov when he was in WWE development so hopefully he's doing well in ROH. The women's division in ROH looks fairly weak though. Jay Lethal is awesome. Kevin Steen, Nigel McGuinness, Mike Bennett are all very good wrestlers.

Apparently FOX8 last year were very interested in showing ROH shows! Though I haven't heard anything since. It would be cool! :)

there is no buzz about the company, compared to its peak. so my interest is not there

why is there no buzz about the company?? As I said in my earlier post, looking at their current roster and there is quite a bit of great talent to work with. How is ROH's Schedule setup??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BcmdUg0IMAAV5bF.jpg

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! YES!! :thumbsu::D

JJ and Toby Keith are expected to be announcing a new promotion possibly with JR involved in some way

JJ and Toby Keith are expected to be announcing a new promotion possibly with JR involved in some way

Interesting! Exciting news. :)

BTW, Just say if I had a lot of money to spend and I wanted to bring some American wrestlers to wrestle here in Australia for like a one night only wrestling event, how much will I need to offer them each?? 20k?? I'm talking about a top wrestler of the caliber of AJ Styles!

thought i'd use this thread to post some of the better tv matches as the year goes on. the people i steal these links from get recommendations from are pretty big lucha fans so expect a lot of that.

vordell walker vs sigmon 30 minute iron man match

americos vs kincaid. finish is brutal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back