Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Aussie Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne stopped undefeated Englishman Richard Towers in round 5 of a scheduled 12 rounder in Yorkshire, England last night. Here is the final minute and half where Browne finishes Towers >

The win should put Browne in line for a crack at David Price's commonwealth heavyweight title. Price has lost his past two fights by stoppage - both to American Tony Thompson - and may not be keen to fight the big punching, undefeated Browne.

Good to see him doing well, I always thought he'd have more of a future as a boxer than MMA fighter, especially after he got tooled by that nobody Daniel Cormier! ;)

Browne has done well to virtually re-invent himself over the past couple of years as a guy who can pace himself over 12 rounds if necessary, and still do enough to win. He's also maintained that big right cross of his that can put opponents to sleep if landed.

The WBC now have Lucas Browne ranked #10. Big fights await.

He should be quite marketable in the states as well I'd imagine, not sure how much of a s**t talker he is but having fought MMA before (and against Dan Cormier) he could create interest. Though I have no idea who is decent at HW these days other than the Klits, Haye and Fury I spose.

He should be quite marketable in the states as well I'd imagine, not sure how much of a s**t talker he is but having fought MMA before (and against Dan Cormier) he could create interest. Though I have no idea who is decent at HW these days other than the Klits, Haye and Fury I spose.

Browne doesn't seem to be a s**t talker at all - in fact he's amazingly well spoken for a guy as fierce looking as he is. Hopefully still very marketable without the trash talk though. He can certainly knock blokes cold, which always helps sell tickets.

Kiwi Clarence Tillman is rumoured to be Browne's next opponent. Browne is looking for a 6 round, keep busy fight leading up to a shot at the Commonwealth title in 2014.

Browne cant fight. Got KO'd in MMA. Very limited movement. Fights like an uncoordinated Amateur.

Browne cant fight. Got KO'd in MMA. Very limited movement. Fights like an uncoordinated Amateur.

Browne isn't pretty. But he's pretty bloody effective, and 18 - zip with 16 of those wins by stoppage. People can argue he hasn't fought anyone, but he's beaten everyone he's been in with.

@bigdaddybrowne1

My wish list for next year... Comm title... Price, leapai, Ustinov, boytsov... That should make for 5 decent fights for 2014???

David Price has just vacated his British and Commonwealth titles, supposedly in search of the big fights with new promoter Saurland.

Whatever the reason for Price vacating - and I'd say it's largely due to with him losing his past two fights by KO - it paves the way for Lucas Brown to get involved in a scrap for the vacant title.

Lucas Browne vs Sam Sexton is shaping as a likely fight for the Commonwealth heavyweight title recent vacated by David Price, according to social media between the pair. Likely date is Feb/March next year.

Lucas ''Big Daddy" Browne last night moved to 19-0 with 17 KOs by stopping US born journeyman Clarence Tillman inside 2 rounds.

One step closer to a Commonwealth title shot let's hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas Browne has secured his title shot!

April 3rd is the date set for Lucas Browne to contest the vacant Commonwealth heavyweight title at the Melbourne Pavilion, Flemington. At this stage an opponent hasn't been officially named.

Englishman Sam Sexton (18 wins from 21 fights) is one name being bandied about.

Solomon Haumono's name now getting a mention as a possible opponent for Browne on April 3rd.

Hard to see the Commonwealth heavyweight title being contested by two Aussies though. Brits have dominated the Commonwealth title scene for years now and it's hard to imagine them just letting the heavyweight title walk away from them. Even if David Price did vacate it.

Tyson Fury is calling out Lucas Browne's name and it sounds like Browne would be only to happy to get it on with Fury >

"Aussie contender Lucas “Big Daddy” Browne is happy to step up to the challenge offered by Tyson Fury on Twitter. The giant Englishman recently used the micro blogging site to set out the names on his wish list for 2014. Browne was mentioned alongside Deontay Wilder, Dereck Chisora and Roy Jones Jr and say he would gladly accept if the fight was offered to him".

www.fightnews.com/

So much for the April 3rd date for Lucas Browne's tilt at the Commonwealth heavyweight title :rolleyes:

Apparently a falling out between promoters has seen what was to be Browne vs Haumono for the title, no longer on the drawing board.

It sounds like any Commonwealth Title fight will still see Lucas Browne occupying one of the corners. But Browne's manager seems to have been virtually black banned by most other prominent local managers - leaving his choice of opponent perhaps limited to an import - logically a Pom.

Canadian Eric "The Hammer" Martel has finally been confirmed as Lucas Browne's Commonwealth title fight opponent.

Fight is April 26th in Yorkshire, England. Strange venue when you consider Martel is Canadian and Browne an Aussie. But Ricky Hatton is obviously pushing Browne hard in the UK market.

April 26th is shaping as a huge night for Australian boxing!

Lucas Browne meets Eric "The Hammer" Martel for the commonwealth heavyweight title in England, and same night Alex Leapai meets Wlad Klitschko for the world heavyweight title in Germany.

Only a week away now Browne's title fight and the good news is Foxtel are showing it without the need for PPV.

It's FREE if you are a subscriber!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back