Aw yeah.

May 02, 2014 Vector Arena, Auckland - All Ages
May 03, 2014 TSB Bank Arena, Wellington - All Ages
May 06, 2014 Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney - All Ages
May 07, 2014 Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane - All Ages
May 09, 2014 Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne - All Ages
May 10, 2014 Adelaide Entertainment Centre - Theatre, Adelaide - All Ages
May 13, 2014 Perth Arena, Perth - All Ages

Presale starts December 3, different times for each gig so make sure you check out the one for your city on the Frontier site. Tickets are $99.95 across the board, floor or seats, and every gig.

http://www.frontiertouring.com/arcticmonkeys

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ooo, $99 is pretty alright considering it's at Rod Laver. I was bracing for another $40 on top of that.

I was a moderate fan before I turned 18. But then I started going out and that first album just sucked me in, as it does to most kids. I'm always up for that mid-2000s sound, it was formative for me, but the lyrics still make me chortle they're so spot-on. AM soundtracked my winter and sits behind MVOTC as my best of the year.

Never seen them before through it always colliding with stuff I had on, but looking forward to this. Rod Laver is pretty lame, but whatevs.

class78

All Australian
Jun 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saw them in 2011, didn't dig AM that much so unsure whether $99 is worth it. The good thing about Arctic Monkeys though is everyone will be up to see them, so I'll probably attend. Hopefully they have a good setlist.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bet there'll be so many flogs at this show, though. A combination of lads and lagered up ex-pats.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Bet there'll be so many flogs at this show, though. A combination of lads and lagered up ex-pats.

That was my experience at Festival Hall the last time I saw them.

Not sure I can really justify seeing them again. I'm still underwhelmed by AM (And SI&S for that matter) and $99 seems pretty steep, even if at Rod Laver.

They're also not the best live band I've ever seen. Sure, they're tight and cohesive but they certainly lack some stage presence and there isn't much outward communication between band and audience.

Do Me A Favour and If You Were There, Beware always go off though.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Didn't get tickets so I'll be jumping on at 6AM next week, it seems. Worth it though.

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Bit meh about Rod Laver. Saw them at the Palace last year, and it was amazing. Such a good venue, sound and atmosphere. Doubt Rod Laver will compare to that, so I'm glad I saw them at a smaller venue while I had the chance.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bit meh about Rod Laver. Saw them at the Palace last year, and it was amazing. Such a good venue, sound and atmosphere. Doubt Rod Laver will compare to that, so I'm glad I saw them at a smaller venue while I had the chance.

Isn't the Palace an all seater?

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Isn't the Palace an all seater?

Nope.
130726_TN_amphitheatre.jpg

6377536283_7693d5e2c4_z.jpg

You're think of the Palais theatre in St Kilda
download.jpg

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Standing RLA, get there early enough should be fine.

Saw them at the Palace aswell, I guess it was at the start of the year last year? Was pretty fantastic.

Love its filthyness. I love all little Melbourne venues

I'm a snob.

I hate how hot it gets. I hate that nothing seems to have been updated since pre-WW2. I hate how it's in the middle of nowhere (relative to other venues/public transport). I hate how there seems to only one place to get drinks in the entire f**ing place.

Small issues. Things some people would find charming. But I hate it. There's currently a campaign to Save the Palace. I doubt you'd see any effort whatsoever to save Festival Hall.

Arctic Monkeys at Festy Hall was one of the best gigs I've been to, and that's why I'm not seeing them this time around. Personally, I can't see them being any better, and I'm perfectly happy to live with the memories from last time. I don't rate their new album, and somehow they've managed to pick a venue even less suited to live music than Festival Hall.

FWIW, Alex Turner looked me in the eye and winked at me at Festival Hall. Almost turned me.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
big fan of the new one...and would have loved it at The Palace or even better, HIFI Bar (Y)

hawker92

Cancelled
Apr 11, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Same here. Not a fan of AM. Seeing them and Miles Kane was huge, excellent setlist as well

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Festival Hall isn't that bad. I mean, I remember seeing comments and hearing anecdotes about how uncomfortable it was. I saw Bloc Party there and, though they're my favourite band and it would've been a special moment even if at the Kalgoorlie Rec Hall, I didn't mind it. It was March, so that Melburnian humidity was there, but what venue can deal with it? The sound was good (I've heard dozens of bootlegs – everything was correctly mixed and levelled) and the view decent. People love the Corner but I think the beer is over the top, the stage on an awkward corner, and poles interrupting your view if you're more than eight rows back. People in Melbs just latch onto cool and uncool and then that sets in stone.
SilentAlarm, you said something about "6AM next week". Second show? More info?
Probably the pre-sale, which has come and gone. I didn't have a decent online connection so I didn't grab tickets, a mate said the allocation sold pretty quickly

Back