NEAFL- 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty uninspiring...no draw, no news, no guarantee that the competition wont be two conferences, and plenty of speculation that the 3 Qld teams won't play Swans and GWS during the season. Could we actually have a competition where we have 18 rounds, and two teams may meet for the very first time in a Grand Final?? Priceless

It's pretty uninspiring...no draw, no news, no guarantee that the competition wont be two conferences, and plenty of speculation that the 3 Qld teams won't play Swans and GWS during the season. Could we actually have a competition where we have 18 rounds, and two teams may meet for the very first time in a Grand Final?? Priceless

The umps have started preseason training. What other news could people possibly need?

Hope they are working on ball bouncing techniques. Their efforts this year were deplorable. Reckon 1 in 3 had to be recalled and thrown up. Love their commitment, involvement and importance, but really this part of their game has dropped off

Despite the apparent doom and gloom I'm looking forward to the comp. Think we'll get fantastic games in our local derbys and against AFL squads and hopefully pick up some easier wins against the Eastern teams along the way.
All three of Southport, Redland and Aspley will be very, very strong in 2014 and will only continue to improve over the coming years as players adapt to more professional training groups and standards.
Adam Clarke to Southport LAB?

Despite the apparent doom and gloom I'm looking forward to the comp. Think we'll get fantastic games in our local derbys and against AFL squads and hopefully pick up some easier wins against the Eastern teams along the way.
All three of Southport, Redland and Aspley will be very, very strong in 2014 and will only continue to improve over the coming years as players adapt to more professional training groups and standards.
Adam Clarke to Southport LAB?

Yea, Peanut seems a strange decision, only time will tell if he made the right choice.

It's pretty uninspiring...no draw.....
Hey Yesterday, I've seen a draft draw for my club in the Eastern conf. Looks like we'll play the other three ACT teams three times each; the two Sydney teams twice each; Swans, Giants and the three Qld teams once each. But we don't play the Thunder, Lions or Suns. Looks like its one conference with a top six. I believe the final draw should be sorted by the end of the week.

So, two teams could meet in a GF without seeing each other all year!

In fact the last two finals could be

Aspley v Swans
Southport v GWS

neither teams will have seen each other.....ripper :(

Looks like Michael is on the money as far as the make up of the draw.

I think the Draft released last week will change a bit though, at this stage it looks like Eastlake travel to Qld 3 times but Ainslie don't have to at all,

Seem like a top six finals system over 3 weeks, with the top 2 going straight through to a Prelim.

Does the rep fixture now contain one NEAFL team rather than split teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a quick look at the NEAFL draw and the 3 QLD based clubs in particular, it seems that Southport may have been given a great draw. It's correct that all teams won't play each other in the season. Southport, Redland and Aspley will not play UWS Giants or Sydney Swans at all in the regular season.

Also, Aspley doesn't play Ainslie while Redland doesn't play Belconnen. All three will play NT Thunder three times except for Southport who replaces the third NT game with an extra game against an Eastern Conference club. Southport only has to travel the four times in the season while Aspley and Redland will travel interstate 5 of their 18 games. How's this though, Redland will have to travel interstate on three consecutive weeks in round 4,5and6.

anybody have anyidea where the rep games will be played? i hope the WAFL team play here in QLD

on the draw via neafl.com.au it says NEAFL has two rep games, one against the WAFL and against the TSL.

we played the wafl last year. we were going to play tassie. so one team will play tassie

The Northern Conference played WAFL last year, the Eastern Conference played Tassie. Now that there is only going to be one rep team, it leaves an odd number of comps to play each other - 5 (VFL SANFL WAFL TSL and NEAFL). Looks like the NEAFL has to meet its commitments by playing 2 games.

guys neafl north actually played sanfl last season (this year)

happy to be corrected but my point stands, they must have arranged these matches before the decision to merge the NEAFL was made and didn't want to leave either the WAFL or TSL in the lurch.

happy to be corrected but my point stands, they must have arranged these matches before the decision to merge the NEAFL was made and didn't want to leave either the WAFL or TSL in the lurch.

well that would be good, i really hope we get one of those games up here in QLD (if they both go ahead)

Hey Yesterday, I've seen a draft draw for my club in the Eastern conf. Looks like we'll play the other three ACT teams three times each; the two Sydney teams twice each; Swans, Giants and the three Qld teams once each. But we don't play the Thunder, Lions or Suns. Looks like its one conference with a top six. I believe the final draw should be sorted by the end of the week.

Looks like everyone gets a chance to play finals footy....the AFL/NT teams mostly play each other and there will be wins and losses in that lot; the "eastern" teams mostly play each other and, again, there will be some wins and losses; and likewise for the QLD teams.
So, when the final ladder comes around, everyone will have had a good crack at being there for a dance. Sort of a 'conference' system like we've had already.

But, oh dear, there will be carnage when they all come together for the finals and I can't see any Eastern club kicking a goal, and I can't see any QLD community team beating the Swans or GWS.

The idea sounds all warm and inclusive until the brown waste material hits the rotating object come finals time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back