Discussion Worst ever jumper clashes

Remove this Banner Ad

north.jpg

That has to be number 1 in black and white form. But what was it like in colour ? Worse than Port vs Carlton ?

That's north vs collingwood around 1960.

North (blue shorts, blue and white socks):
North-1959.gif

Collingwood (white shorts, black and white socks):
Collingwood-1953.gif

It wouldn't have been too bad, only in split second decisions it might have caused problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

budge27

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Redskins, Northwestern, Dodgers
I always thought the Freo v Melb semi final in 2006 at subi oval was a shocker - especially for a final. I went to the game and it was tough making out who was who for most of the game.

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
GLENELG (SANFL)
NOT AFL
But Norwood V Glenelg in the SANFl is shocking this is Muddy day time at Glenelg still not the best
images
This is night at Norwood Oval just awful

------------------------------------------------------------------
NOT A CLASH
South Adelaide one wore White Clash with Navy shorts at home (as Glenelg dont have a clash)
correct call or should have been full whit even though at home
(Different matches coz south changed clash ater 1 season)
images

images

NOT AFL but still interesting

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I always thought the Freo v Melb semi final in 2006 at subi oval was a shocker - especially for a final. I went to the game and it was tough making out who was who for most of the game.

What I find infuriating is that people go, "it's a final, it's such an important game; we don't want clash tops ruining the spectacle,"
when really, the more important the game, the more I think a clash top should be used, as the stakes are higher, the is a bigger audience, etc.

AstroboyUK

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2008
London / Delhi
AFL Club
Richmond
Ive always thought that alot of the 'visual noise' / 'visual chaos' could be very simply eliminated by ensuring the team with dark shorts arent allowed to wear white boots, and that the colour of socks could be regulated better... in both cases making the cases of 'marginal' clashes less, and allowing teams to wear their 'true' jumpers whenever possible. For example, if in Richmond v Essendon, (Richmond home game) Richmond would wear all yellow socks and black boots, essendon would wear all red socks, white shorts and black or white boots. Then both teams could wear their true guernseys I believe. Theoretically the same for Hawthorn v WCE and the Collingwood/Carlton/Geelong/Port couplets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back