News CEO Announcement - New CEO is.... No-one

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-12-20/efc-executive-changes

The Club recently completed an exhaustive interview process for the position of Chief Executive Officer, and as a result of this process determined the position would remain vacant until further notice.
As a result, the Board has decided to implement an alternative strategy within a new executive structure. The revised structure includes the elevation of certain existing roles and the creation of new positions, to improve the overall strength of the Club’s management.

o_O

Chief Operating Officer is Xavier Campbell.
Chief Marketing Officer is our own Justin Rodski, who has been promoted.
Chief Commercial Officer Richard Burnet has elected to pursue other opportunities outside the club.

To complete the executive team, the Club will shortly commence recruiting for three new executive roles:
  • General Manager Football
  • General Manager People & Culture
  • General Manager Commercial Sales and Events

1497675_10153601438760582_214919617_n.jpg

A bit underwhelming....COO is a critical position, especially with no CEO in place.

Campbell's background is Business Development which isn't typically where you'd recruit from for this role. Would have liked to see an experienced non-footy/sports person brought in....everything I hear indicates footy clubs are light years off corporate environments for professionalism.

Benefit of the doubt, maybe he's a gun but geez not the time, place or role for taking risks.

This will either be genius to overhaul the executive structure at the club and provide the blueprint for other clubs on how to do it, or it will turn out to be an embarrassment.

I am willing to give it time and trust those at the top but if it falls flat the naysayers will be out in force questioning why you'd take this risk when the club should be doing all it can to rebuild it's image. Either way, I am a fence sitter right now and will probably be a hindsight hero later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we need to keep having references to Labour or Libs in the threads?

It's Labor but I agree.. Too much politics for me and I like politics. I prefer to keep my politics and football separate.

Suddenly everyone is an expert on running a corporation. I'm sure these decisions have been made for a very good reason.
Plenty of people know enough to have an informed view mate, no reason we shouldn't discuss it here....what forums are for no??

Think most of us are offering the benefit of the doubt, but I for one am not inclined to accept anything without question given the events of the last year.

Plenty of people know enough to have an informed view mate, no reason we shouldn't discuss it here....what forums are for no??

Think most of us are offering the benefit of the doubt, but I for one am not inclined to accept anything without question given the events of the last year.

I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss it, but we seem to get so much negative stuff coming from outside of our fan base, so it annoys me somewhat when our own supporters are critical of decisions the club is making at the moment.
Lets support the decision, as I said, I'm sure there are good reasons for doing what they are doing regarding the CEO etc.

Hmm, which way to read this - did nobody want the job or was there truly nobody suitable?

Guess this will have to do for now but I get why not many are overflowing with new-found confidence at this announcement.

It's Labor but I agree.. Too much politics for me and I like politics. I prefer to keep my politics and football separate.

Nobody likes politics. People find it interesting, but it's one of those thing's that's impossible to enjoy.

Nobody likes politics. People find it interesting, but it's one of those thing's that's impossible to enjoy.

I actually like and enjoy politics, but thanks for speaking on behalf of people...

I just like keeping footy and politics separate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back