Misheard lyrics

Remove this Banner Ad

So owing to the fact I just found out I've been getting a line in Supermassive Black Hole wrong for the last seven years (apparently it's "Glaciers melting in the dead of night", not "Ray shields"....), what have been ones you or others have misheard over the years?

So owing to the fact I just found out I've been getting a line in Supermassive Black Hole wrong for the last seven years (apparently it's "Glaciers melting in the dead of night", not "Ray shields"....), what have been ones you or others have misheard over the years?

Did you only just pick that one up at one of their concerts in the last few weeks? So did I!

"...kiss this guy" is apparently the most common.

But he actually sometimes sings that at lives shows, where I think the confusion comes from.

"Don't you cramp my style, don't you wee on the pitch" (perhaps the English cricket team misheard this lyric last summer?) (is actually "don't you queer me pitch?")

"How can we dance when our herpes burning?"

Last edited:
I misheard the Manic Street Preachers' "Kevin Carter" as saying "Kevin Carter can't fall over forever", rather than the actual lyric, "Kevin Carter, kaffir-lover forever".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if anyone has seen the Australian 80s film The Coolangatta Gold, but in the film there is a band the protagonist manages. One of the key songs they play in the film is something like 'There's a fraction too much friction, yeah", and the first few times I was hearing "There's an erection to perfection, yeah" :oops:

I don't know if anyone has seen the Australian 80s film The Coolangatta Gold, but in the film there is a band the protagonist manages. One of the key songs they play in the film is something like 'There's a fraction too much friction, yeah", and the first few times I was hearing "There's an erection to perfection, yeah" :oops:
This one?

From "The Ballad of John and Yoko" I misheard "You can get married in Gibraltar near Spain" as "You can get married and you'll probably just faint".

A mate misheard Otis Redding singing "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" as "Sitting on the top of the bed".

Calvin Harris, "You Used to Hold Me":
"You used to hold me,
You used to hold me,
You used to hold me, beef, beef eater"...

Agree with the Manfred Mann Earth Band/Bruce Springsteen one, definitely sounds like "douche".

Some funny ones, here:
http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/25-ridiculous-misheard-lyrics

There's even a word to describe the misheard song lyric phenomena: mondegreen. :cool:

Oh, and I have heard that there's a band that perform's a cover of Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner"; instead of "Oh, oh big ol' jet airliner", they sing "Big ol' wet v*****"... :eek:

Macy Gray - What I thought was, "I blow bubbles when you are not near" is actually "My world crumbles when you are not near".

www.kissthisguy.com

the way she brushed her hair and farted - Graceland.
(the way she brushed her hair from her forehead)

another funny one I just saw at kissthisguy.

Ray Parker Jr - Who ya gonna call? Those Bastards!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back