DC comic universe to be rebooted

I really like Injustice but it's annoying how short every issue is.

Tell me about it!

How long does it take for each issue to come out? Is it monthly?

I wonder if they will also cover the events in the Injustice game (or if the comic will just be the prequel to those events?).

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Tell me about it!

How long does it take for each issue to come out? Is it monthly?

I wonder if they will also cover the events in the Injustice game (or if the comic will just be the prequel to those events?).

The Injustice game takes place 5 years after the first comic, the comics done year 1 so far and now into year 2. i want too see how characters like Lantern and Flash stay with Superman, because at times flash was undecided and felt close to going to batman in year 1.

Last year it was weekly IIRC. the Year one Anual anoyed me because i dont know where it sits because its on the same Earth as Injustice not the "Eleswhere Earth" but
Green Arrow was still alive, unless it was somewhere just before he dies because the "Magic Pills" were complete, and i loved the Ollie/Canary/Quinn thing with lobo and the Harley with her fake mo/lock pick and the handcuffed in the Arrow cave [that should be Quiver]

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
what does everyone buy Digital or print. i went digital last year and have been buying back issues and stuff. most are same day as print but some like some of the Forever Evil and Superman comics are a week after print. over Xmas i spent a lot of cash on digital comics again and get Tower of Bable, All Star Superman, Blackest night, Sinestro corps and Flashpoint. along with some of the holes i have in New52

The Injustice game takes place 5 years after the first comic, the comics done year 1 so far and now into year 2. i want too see how characters like Lantern and Flash stay with Superman, because at times flash was undecided and felt close to going to batman in year 1.

Last year it was weekly IIRC. the Year one Anual anoyed me because i dont know where it sits because its on the same Earth as Injustice not the "Eleswhere Earth" but
Green Arrow was still alive, unless it was somewhere just before he dies because the "Magic Pills" were complete, and i loved the Ollie/Canary/Quinn thing with lobo and the Harley with her fake mo/lock pick and the handcuffed in the Arrow cave [that should be Quiver]

So assuming each year gets 12 volumes, there should still be a lot of mileage to go before the events in the game take place?

I'm interested to see what happens with Canary (not just in the comic but the show as well) - she wasn't in the game from memory - not sure if that was intentional or just an oversight?

what does everyone buy Digital or print. i went digital last year and have been buying back issues and stuff. most are same day as print but some like some of the Forever Evil and Superman comics are a week after print. over Xmas i spent a lot of cash on digital comics again and get Tower of Bable, All Star Superman, Blackest night, Sinestro corps and Flashpoint. along with some of the holes i have in New52

I thought about going digital but I kind of like collecting - maybe if my collection gets too big and messy, I might revert to digital! Presumably would be cheaper too?

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
So assuming each year gets 12 volumes, there should still be a lot of mileage to go before the events in the game take place?

Year one of injustice had about 25 issues. i dont know how many issues year 2 will have, but its not weekly this year its fortnightly. i would expect the first 3-4 to be on smaller characters then a time jump.
year 2 issue 1 has Green Arrows Funeral most people are there like Cannary and Hal, superman shows up later but Batman isnt there since Clark broke his back at the end of year one. i havent read issue 2 yet and issue 3 is out this week i think

I thought about going digital but I kind of like collecting - maybe if my collection gets too big and messy, I might revert to digital! Presumably would be cheaper too?

Digital is cheaper, and there are specials every now and then last year i got New Frontier on special. most of the 0 issues are free. it also has collections

i use ComiXology, it links in with the DC app on phones and Tablets. Injustice is $0.99 most main comics are $3-$4 all US prices. they have some cool weekly $0.99 comics

Year one of injustice had about 25 issues. i dont know how many issues year 2 will have, but its not weekly this year its fortnightly. i would expect the first 3-4 to be on smaller characters then a time jump.
year 2 issue 1 has Green Arrows Funeral most people are there like Cannary and Hal, superman shows up later but Batman isnt there since Clark broke his back at the end of year one. i havent read issue 2 yet and issue 3 is out this week i think

Digital is cheaper, and there are specials every now and then last year i got New Frontier on special. most of the 0 issues are free. it also has collections

i use ComiXology, it links in with the DC app on phones and Tablets. Injustice is $0.99 most main comics are $3-$4 all US prices. they have some cool weekly $0.99 comics

Nice! I have issue 1 of year 2 but might need to get 2 (and 3 if released this week) later in the week.

Might give digital a go for some of the comics I'm undecided on, then if they are good, might start buying them! Certainly seems like a good way to read them without buying them at full price like you would in a store.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Nice! I have issue 1 of year 2 but might need to get 2 (and 3 if released this week) later in the week.

Might give digital a go for some of the comics I'm undecided on, then if they are good, might start buying them! Certainly seems like a good way to read them without buying them at full price like you would in a store.

How do you have issue 1 of injustice Year 2? isnt it digital only?

How do you have issue 1 of injustice Year 2? isnt it digital only?

Nah, picked it up at minotaur a couple of weeks ago actually.

I got the year 1 annual in the mail last night, will give it a read tonight - are the 'annuals' meant to be set in between year one and two? Also, are they common in other comics?

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Just finished issue 2 of Injustice Year 2. man i love this series. i wish they would make a prequel game, or turn the series into one of the DCU:AO but it would need 2 parts IMO

introducing Zatanna into the injustice comics was nice. still sad they killed Jon Jonzz, but Doctor Fate. Also having Kyle Rayner in it could have been interesting for Hal, using that to turn him into a yellow Lantern, but to kill Kyle so fast was disappointing

I hope issue 3 is soon. now to catch up on the Forever Evil series

Dec 8, 2009
Sunshine Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Philly (Eagles, Flyers, Sixers)
Just finished issue 2 of Injustice Year 2. man i love this series. i wish they would make a prequel game, or turn the series into one of the DCU:AO but it would need 2 parts IMO

introducing Zatanna into the injustice comics was nice. still sad they killed Jon Jonzz, but Doctor Fate. Also having Kyle Rayner in it could have been interesting for Hal, using that to turn him into a yellow Lantern, but to kill Kyle so fast was disappointing

I hope issue 3 is soon. now to catch up on the Forever Evil series

Forever Evil has been the most fun I've had for an event since Blackest Night. Great series, I just wish we wouldn't have 6 weeks between issues lately :/

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Forever Evil has been the most fun I've had for an event since Blackest Night. Great series, I just wish we wouldn't have 6 weeks between issues lately :/

There have been all the other Forever evil issues like ARUGS and Arkham along with the Trinity of Sin issues that connect with Forever Evil.

Also Happy Green Lantern Day. Comixology is having a sale on Green Lantern New 52 issues 1-12 and 1-7 of Corps/Red lanterns and Orange Lanterns 99c today only.

Came very close to buying some of the Forever Evil comics over the weekend but opted for the Red Son graphic novel instead. Couldn't find that Tower of Babel but googling it now, just realised it's JLA (and I was only looking in the Batman section) :confused:

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Came very close to buying some of the Forever Evil comics over the weekend but opted for the Red Son graphic novel instead. Couldn't find that Tower of Babel but googling it now, just realised it's JLA (and I was only looking in the Batman section) :confused:

Red son is good also if you are reading some superman get All-Star Superman and Kingdom Come, Tower of Babel is just a short 4 issue arc.

Other good arcs are Flashpoint [Flash based], Blackest Night [Green Lantern based], Sinestro Corps, Justice League New Frontier.

And from the New52 Batman Court/Night of Owls [Although the big surprise at the end was a let down, but the mini story at in the last 5 pages of the last few issues makes up for it. Throne of Atlantis, Trinity War and Forever Evil is good so far. I also liked Death of a Family.

but avoid Justice League Origins it was just a bad reboot.

Also you should check out the DC Animated Originals they are all stand alone 75min films other than The Dark Knight Returns none connect with others so you dont need to watch them in order. also the Blu-rays are the best because they all have amazing docos on them about DC or writers and Characters

Tower of Babel was made into Justice League doom, but changed afew Justice League Characters and changed the Bad guys, some changes make it better some are not as good as the comic.

cheers aussiedude - definitely a few options there for my next purchases!

I actually had Flashpoint on my radar - someone told me it was like an alternate universe with some interesting differences.

Sounds like you definitely know your stuff though - thanks for the suggestions!

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
cheers aussiedude - definitely a few options there for my next purchases!

I actually had Flashpoint on my radar - someone told me it was like an alternate universe with some interesting differences.

Sounds like you definitely know your stuff though - thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah flashpoint is set on Earth 2 and there is quite the war, and some characters have well known names but is not who you expect and there are some characters we know but never became heroes, Along with the stuff different worlds have with people we consiter villians are heroes/good Geoff Johns is one of the best writers in comics with what he has done with Flash, Green Lantern and got people to care about Aquaman again, i think after Forever Evil he is going to do something with Superman

Yeah flashpoint is set on Earth 2 and there is quite the war, and some characters have well known names but is not who you expect and there are some characters we know but never became heroes, Along with the stuff different worlds have with people we consiter villians are heroes/good Geoff Johns is one of the best writers in comics with what he has done with Flash, Green Lantern and got people to care about Aquaman again, i think after Forever Evil he is going to do something with Superman

Is Forever Evil the one where they are planning/putting Lex Luthor in the Justice League (or am I thinking of something else?).

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is Forever Evil the one where they are planning/putting Lex Luthor in the Justice League (or am I thinking of something else?).

That is something else. forever Evil is The Crime Syndicate Vs Luthors "Injustice League" but after Forever Evil finished i think with Justice League #30 it could be what you are thinking of. But im a bit behind on Forever evil.

Issue 3 of Injustice year 2 is out tomorrow.

That is something else. forever Evil is The Crime Syndicate Vs Luthors "Injustice League" but after Forever Evil finished i think with Justice League #30 it could be what you are thinking of. But im a bit behind on Forever evil.

Issue 3 of Injustice year 2 is out tomorrow.

Is Forever evil a finished series aussiedude? I was in a comic store last night and they had issues 2-5 I think for Forever Evil (unless this is a reboot or spinoff maybe?).

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is Forever evil a finished series aussiedude? I was in a comic store last night and they had issues 2-5 I think for Forever Evil (unless this is a reboot or spinoff maybe?).

Forever Evil storyline has 2 more Issues left, The main series is a 7 issue event. Forever Evil: ARGUS, Forever Evil: Arkham War and Forever Evil: Rouges Rebellion are each 6 Issue tie ins. It also has had some tie in issues with Justice League: Dark, Suicide Squad and the Trinity of Sin comics.

It started in September or October with DC's Super villain month. And takes place not long after the end of the Trinity War. and after Forever Evil will lead into the next Justice League arc will be called Injustice and it has 2 big name main Justice League members are replaced with their most hated enemies, that starts around Easter i think with Justice League #30.

It will be released in a complete collection but that will prob not be till Xmas because DC take ages to release collections.

Forever Evil storyline has 2 more Issues left, The main series is a 7 issue event. Forever Evil: ARGUS, Forever Evil: Arkham War and Forever Evil: Rouges Rebellion are each 6 Issue tie ins. It also has had some tie in issues with Justice League: Dark, Suicide Squad and the Trinity of Sin comics.

It started in September or October with DC's Super villain month. And takes place not long after the end of the Trinity War. and after Forever Evil will lead into the next Justice League arc will be called Injustice and it has 2 big name main Justice League members are replaced with their most hated enemies, that starts around Easter i think with Justice League #30.

It will be released in a complete collection but that will prob not be till Xmas because DC take ages to release collections.

Ah, I must have seen some spin off Forever Evil's then - I think on the covers I saw they had mutated heroes?

I like getting the complete collection (in a graphic novel form) but you're right, they seem to take ages to come out! I know Injustice Year 1, issues 7-12 will be bunched together but won't be released until later this year (July?).

Back