NEAFL - Eastern Clubs 2014

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Time for a new thread I reckon for 2014...

Nothing against our friends up north, but chat about our teams wouldn't mean anything to them, any more than chat about their teams rings bells for us.

So this thread for chat about items of interest specifically to us southerners, and NEAFL 2014 for matters about NEAFL in general, and (for the time being) about QLD/NT matters that don't especially resonate with us.

lauschie

Draftee
Jan 15, 2014
Victoria/ACT
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Ainslie F C & Port Melbourne F C
Just running a small poll here. Who does everyone here have as their 2014 premiership favourite at the moment in the NEAFL??

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
Went out to Queanbeyan to check out the renovations going on at the grandstand. It is going to be impressive when it's completed. Bigger home change room, bigger canteen, better umpire rooms and unfortunately much better visitors rooms. I say unfortunately because I am old school and the less comfortable the opposition feel about playing at Qbn the better ;)

lauschie

Draftee
Jan 15, 2014
Victoria/ACT
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Love the old school view of making sure the away team feels uncomfortable and knows its in hostile territory.

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Obviously bias and will say Ainslie all the way in 2014.

lauschie, is Luke Jarjoura staying with Ainslie for the 2014 season ? He is an impressive player, but his CV wouldn't look too good as he seems to hop clubs pretty random...he's played everywhere from Vic, ACT, Sydney to NT.
But a match-winner if you can keep him playing for you.

lauschie

Draftee
Jan 15, 2014
Victoria/ACT
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
lauschie, is Luke Jarjoura staying with Ainslie for the 2014 season ? He is an impressive player, but his CV wouldn't look too good as he seems to hop clubs pretty random...he's played everywhere from Vic, ACT, Sydney to NT.
not sure if luke is back at Ainslie in 2014,have just messaged him to find out for you mate.will get back to you when I find out ok.

lauschie

Draftee
Jan 15, 2014
Victoria/ACT
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
unlikely is the word I just heard.

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Hey guys. Probably not the place for this post. But I'm on the move up to Sydney and am looking for a club. (Defiantly not at this level lol) ill be living in randwick. Anyone know of any clubs? Cheers

jsg007

Debutant
Apr 5, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Hey guys. Probably not the place for this post. But I'm on the move up to Sydney and am looking for a club. (Defiantly not at this level lol) ill be living in randwick. Anyone know of any clubs? Cheers

not sure on your level, but a few clubs in this area

www.sydneyafl.com.au try that site and you will see a fair few clubs and locations.

lauschie

Draftee
Jan 15, 2014
Victoria/ACT
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
What about Kaine Morris....heard a rumour or two he is on the move. What sought of a player is he ????
Has signed with Echuca Bombers for 2014. Clubs working out a transfer as he also signed with Ainslie in Oct 2013 for 2014 according to Ainslie GM John Smith. Good player who obviously will be missed by Ainslie if cleared to Echuca. His clearance as of 7/2/14 was denied.

Squiggle6

Rookie
Feb 17, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
not sure on your level, but a few clubs in this area

www.sydneyafl.com.au try that site and you will see a fair few clubs and locations.

There is a side in Randwick that is in about Div. 2 if thats what your looking for. Also heard of an amazing kicking / skills academy there if you want to improve more? Great reviews...called Kicking Dynamics

Squiggle6

Rookie
Feb 17, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
prediction for NEAFL

AFL clubs up the top with Aspley, Southport and Sydney Hills Eagles up there too! Canberra clubs to be in the lower half

billybunter

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2012
Caboolture
AFL Club
Fremantle
You should be on NEAFL - 2014.....you have a lot of catching up to do, I think !

Justabaraker,

I looked at this Eastern blog and to my horror thought you were splitting from the main stream, just as thought we were all united I thought to myself, then I saw you were sheep dogging, rounding up the stragglers and misguided in the footy world flock to get on board with the Far North, Not so Far North, Not that far North and Capital Eastern footy sides that form the new NEAFL - 2014 Forum, good work.

Aug 5, 2004
FAR WEST SYDNEY
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sturt, West Perth
There is a side in Randwick that is in about Div. 2 if thats what your looking for. Also heard of an amazing kicking / skills academy there if you want to improve more? Great reviews...called Kicking Dynamics

This would be Tim Schmidt plugging his product I assume?

Luke Jarjoura is player coach at Balmain Tigers, relegated from Premier Division after 2013.

Back