Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Just thought it would be good to open a thread to discuss everything regarding Australian Wrestling.

Australian Wrestling Promotions:

NSW/ACT:
Professional Wresting Alliance (PWA)
Australasian Wrestling Federation (AWF)
Newcastle Pro Wrestling (Newcastle Pro)
Ultimate Wrestling Alliance (UWA)
Internation Wrestling Australia (IWA)
PWA Canberra

VIC:

Melbourne City Wrestling (MCW)
Warzone Wrestling
Professional Championship Wrestling (PCW)
Wrestleclash
Wrestlerock
Outback Championship Wrestling (OCW)
New Age Wrestling (NAW)

SA:
Wrestle Rampage (WR)
Riot City Wrestling (RCW)
Snakepit Pro Wrestling

WA:
Explosive Pro Wrestling (EPW)
New Horizon Pro Wrestling (NHPW)
Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Alliance (SHWA)
All Action Wrestling (AAW)

QLD:
Pacific Pro Wrestling (PPW)
United Pro Wrestling (UPW)
Australian Wrestling Alliance (NWA:AWA)

TAS:
Tasmanian Championship Wrestling (TCW)

Has any of you guys been to any local wrestling events??
What do you guys think about it??

It would be really cool if they can get a 'Australia Wrestling super show' and have an Australian TV channel show it.

They have one in Tassie? Since when?

Might join ;)
They had their first show in January this year, so yeah they're new.
I checked their facebook page and their tickets start at $15. I'd say you should go to show and have a look. You'll be surprised that Australian wrestling is better than most people think.

They had their first show in January this year, so yeah they're new.
I checked their facebook page and their tickets start at $15. I'd say you should go to show and have a look. You'll be surprised that Australian wrestling is better than most people think.

I've watched some MCW on Youtube but when I was browsing for wrestling schools nowhere did it say there was one in Tassie.

Might look em up now!

Japanese wrestling star Shinsuke Nakamura is wrestling here in Adelaide for Wrestle Rampage (Formerly known as Zero1 Pro Wrestling Australia) on March 28th and 29th. I've already bought tickets to the show. I was shocked when they announced this. So awesome. More Japanese wrestling stars coming down under would be awesome. I hope Kota Ibushi comes down under one day. He's my favorite Japanese wrestler.

Here's some highlights from Wrestle Rampage 2 (Adelaide) back in November last year:

The action looks very good. Better than I expected. I haven't been to one of their shows since 2008 when they were know as EPW Adelaide back in 2008. Might go to their shows now. Hopefully Australian wrestling grows to a point where their shows are shown on TV. Surly the secondary channels (7TWO, Go etc) could pick show some Aussie wrestling??

I would love to try training. Unfortunately I have an extremely low tolerance for pain and am very unfit :D I'm going to check out some MCW on youtube though :thumbsu:

I would love to try training. Unfortunately I have an extremely low tolerance for pain and am very unfit :D I'm going to check out some MCW on youtube though :thumbsu:
If you can try and attend some shows. Anything to support the local wrestling scene! MCW is one of the best wrestling promotions in Australia. One day I'd love to see Wrestling as a big part of Australian culture. Just like in America, Mexico and Japan.

I've been to a couple of RCW shows in Mount Gambier a few years back and loved it! I think they still go to the Mount on NYE every year, but I'm too busy to go to a show on new years.

If you can try and attend some shows. Anything to support the local wrestling scene! MCW is one of the best wrestling promotions in Australia. One day I'd love to see Wrestling as a big part of Australian culture. Just like in America, Mexico and Japan.

I don't think it will become big here unless we have a star as big as atleast a Orton to back.

While I love being an Aussie we have to honest here, we are bandwagoners and/or we like to claim people. We support anyone in anything if they are good at it, especially when it comes to going against other countries. And then once they go s**t we disown them, a good example is Lleyton Hewitt.

Would like to see what kind of impact Matt Silva can have on the Australian audience if he succeeds in the WWE.

I don't think it will become big here unless we have a star as big as atleast a Orton to back.

While I love being an Aussie we have to honest here, we are bandwagoners and/or we like to claim people. We support anyone in anything if they are good at it, especially when it comes to going against other countries. And then once they go s**t we disown them, a good example is Lleyton Hewitt.

Would like to see what kind of impact Matt Silva can have on the Australian audience if he succeeds in the WWE.
Wrestling In Australia needs money and a tv deal for it to be somewhat successful. Maybe a once a year event with all the best talent from around Australia.

There are - theoretically - 3 different promotions that run out of Canberra. I think IWA do shows in Canberra, as well as a promotion called ICW.

However, I'm not convinced that any of these promotions ever actually run shows. I know going back 5 years there was, between these promotions, at least 1 show a month. But in the last 3 months that I've had the urge to go and check one out, I'm buggered if I've been able to find it.

From what I hear, it's not so much "douchebags in seedy pub" as it is "poor standard, but highly entertaining."

Japanese wrestling star Shinsuke Nakamura is wrestling here in Adelaide for Wrestle Rampage (Formerly known as Zero1 Pro Wrestling Australia) on March 28th and 29th. I've already bought tickets to the show. I was shocked when they announced this. So awesome. More Japanese wrestling stars coming down under would be awesome. I hope Kota Ibushi comes down under one day. He's my favorite Japanese wrestler.

This makes me mad jealous.

If someone of international standard came here within driving distance, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Apparently all we seem to get in Canberra are "big names" from Sydney and Melbourne, and out of shape public servants. (I have a friend who gets right into this though!)

I still remember how excited I was for the ill-fated International Assault tour. Damn that was an expensive cancellation...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrestle Rampage was awesome on Friday night!! Great Promotion. One of the best in Australia IMO!! Sitting front row was amazing. Nakamaura is a hell of a talent. One of the best in the world. His kicks look devastating. Damien Slater is by far the best technical wrestler in Australia ATM! Would love to see him in WWE one day. TMDK is a great tag team. Jonah Rock is a great talent. Also Robby Heart reminds me of CM Punk. He moves around the ring a lot like him. Haven't heard him talk yet but he's a great wrestler. Will definitely attend future shows!!

question for you guys:

Lets just say Cena, Punk, Bryan etc... are Australian and never left the Australian wrestling indy scene, would WWE notice their talent or not??
Or would they have to fly over to the states and wrestling in the indies over there to get noticed??

Is anyone here a wrestler? I think it would be amazing and awesome to do so. I will look into it, although I don't know if I would :p

Matt Silva got noticed for his Australian work I believe. Emma was training with Lance Storm.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
Though I think Matt Silva had to travel to the States and attend a Tryout! He was then given a contract with WWE beating about 80 or so wrestlers that also were also at the tryout.

I've been to a couple of RCW shows in Mount Gambier a few years back and loved it! I think they still go to the Mount on NYE every year, but I'm too busy to go to a show on new years.

It's been a while since I've gone to an RCW show but going back a couple of years ago when I was watching them, they were consistently very good. Definitely the highest quality indie show I've seen in Australia.

Hey guys!

I have been looking into wrestling schools in Melbourne and I can't decide between MCW or PCW!! Does anyone have advice!!

Hey guys!

I have been looking into wrestling schools in Melbourne and I can't decide between MCW or PCW!! Does anyone have advice!!
MCW!
IMO the best wrestling promotion in Australia.
Also Orlando Jordan has a wrestling school in Melbourne. You'll probably learn the 'WWE style' there.

I went to Wrestle Rampage (I now will try and attend all of their monthly events) on Friday nigh and wow....they really have some good talent that could make it in the big promotion in the US!

Talent that impressed me:
Damien Slater - Current Aussie Champion, currently out injured but is probably the biggest Aussie chance of making it in the WWE!
bioshot2.jpg

Robbie Heart - Reminds me a lot of a young CM Punk. Looks like him, Moves around the ring like him, and has a similar moveset to Punk.
1546200_740355172643128_1427736729_n-403x350.jpg

Jonah Rock - What can I say about this guy...Simply awesome. He's nicknamed the Samoan monster and has wrestled in NOAH in Japan and is very good in the ring.
jonahishimori.jpg

Ticia Rose - She has only started wrestling but I see a lot of potential in her. I'm guessing she's between the age of 16-20. She seems really determined to succeed which is great to see. Could make it in ROH, GFW with their whole talent database, or even further...who knows!
K6kxFw88.jpeg

Yes, Australia is a small pond in the wrestling industry, but I really hope some of the big US promotion scout some of these wrestlers. They will not be disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back