Motorsport photos

Remove this Banner Ad

PI Historics. I'll be going again tomorrow. If any of you are able to make it at last minute, I highly recommend it, you won't be let down. Threads been going for two years now, unless there's something wildly different, I won't upload as many photos this year :(

When I went to the motogp testing. This guy from Tassie, parked his caravan converted trailer next to the circuit and stayed there for three days, before his booking at the caravan park was open! We had a great chat. He said he was going to race this car at the Silverstone, Brands Hatch and Le Mans Historics, later this year. What a life! So jelly!

PI historics 036.JPG

One of the all time great racing cars.

PI historics 038.JPG

IIRC, the most powerful F1 engine ever? I'll see if there'll be some on track action shots tomorrow.

PI historics 041.JPG

What is possibly the most awesome car at the meeting. It could barely get going, and only did a few, slow, warm up laps in the two heats it was scheduled to do. I'm not certain I'll see it tomorrow.

PI historics 046.JPG

I went to the AGP in 92, the only time I've been to the Adelaide track. And I pretty much sat, where you sat for Courtney's photos.

its not a bad spot to watch and get photos coming out of the pits, but really I spend about 10% of the time there, the rest I spend walking around the place, its an awesome place with so many good spots on the track to get a great view and some good photos.

its not a bad spot to watch and get photos coming out of the pits, but really I spend about 10% of the time there, the rest I spend walking around the place, its an awesome place with so many good spots on the track to get a great view and some good photos.
I have a strong memory seeing Mika Hakkinen, in the Lotus, hammering out of there. Not a good spot to watch Senna plough in Mansell, though.

I have a strong memory seeing Mika Hakkinen, in the Lotus, hammering out of there. Not a good spot to watch Senna plough in Mansell, though.

senna hit mansell on the other side of the pits, that was coming into the pits, we were at pit exit. i went to 8 or 9 of the Adelaide gps, all but one were in general admission, none was on pit straight. I really wish I saw at least one gp there though, those cars would have been amazing to see at the start of the race.

I really wish I saw at least one gp there though, those cars would have been amazing to see at the start of the race.
Even though I knew the procedure was to have a warm up lap, then start the race. The start of the warm up was so intense, that I got confused and though the race had begun!

Anyway, back at PI. The ex-Berger Benetton was parked on display in the paddock. So here's a shot of it from yesterday.

PI historics 045.JPG

Alan Jones's Lola this morning.

Historics PI sunday 059.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That knocked her a bit for her age.

The poor girl was in tears about it by all reports

she sat down for about 20 minutes after was a little shaken up but not too bad, certainly wasn't crying then but what happened after I cant say, she wasn't hurt and was back out there in the next session. I think there were 11 cars in the field and three were 17 year olds and one was a 16 year old so her age shouldn't be an issue in that category.

One of these days/years I'll learn how to take decent quality motorsport. Until then, this will have to do. Some of my more interesting photos from the recent World Superbike round at Phillip Island.

The reigning world champ, Tom Sykes. All hail the king!
P2223028.jpg

Wheelies never go out of fashion.
P2223042.jpg

Claudio Corti works hard to keep the MV Agusta's front wheel on the deck entering Stoner Corner.
P2212493.jpg

Motorsport - possibly more than any other sport - relies on an enormous amount of trust in your fellow competitors. Here, Loris Baz threads the needle between Eugene Laverty and Jonathon Rea into Doohan Corner.
P2233389.jpg

Fine weather on Sunday saw a pretty decent crowd despite almost zero event promotion...
P2233359.jpg

...which wasn't what I was expecting after Fridays turnout.
WP_20140221_005.jpg

As always, there was plenty to interesting things to see amongst the crowd. This guy I think might've quite liked Marco Simoncelli.
P2223230.jpg

There was predictably plenty of boy racers on their crotch rockets.
P2233357.jpg

Umm, it takes all types?
P2233361.jpg

It takes all types x 2?
P2233358.jpg

Overall, my bike and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
P2211964.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back