Preview Round 1 Match Preview: Sydney v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a win, no injuries and a bit of tank into players' legs. That's what I want to see. Anything else is a bonus.

Want the 4 points,don't care by how much.Flicking channels tonight I heard Sydney fc fans using the SYDNEY chant.

I am going to have a crack at the R1 Team ( Just my opinion not a coach )

This would be my thoughts if LRT is 2nd RUCK ( still uncertain on LRT being 2nd ruck )

B- Laidler - Richards - Smith

HB- Shaw - Grundy - Malceski

C- McVeigh - Jack - Hannebery

HF- Parker - Reid - Rohan

FF- McGlynn - LRT - Franklin

F- Pyke , Kennedy , Okeffe

B- Rampe , Bird , Mitchell , Jetta

( If we play the 2 rucks )

B- LRT - Richards - Smith

HB- Shaw - Grundy - Malceski

C- McVeigh - Jack - Hannebery

HF- Parker - Reid - Rohan

FF- McGlynn - Dericx - Franklin

F- Pyke , Kennedy , Okeffe

Bench- Bird , Mitchell , Jetta , Rampe/Laidler

If we play the 2 rucks I would think LRT will be the 3rd tall down back and one of Rampe/Laidler miss out .
Just my opinion but i think Buddy is most dangerous when playing deeper forward
Reid to play just a little higher up and be that link up player and times swapping with Buddy , if we go with the Pyke/LRT/FF combo and Laidler and Rampe are getting monstered down back that's when I see Horse throwing Reid back at times during the year.
Looks like Macca is back kicking goals again so it looks like he will be back in the guts/resting HF with Shaw back.
Mitchell and Parker will see a lot more Midfield time this year
( looking forward to Thursdays Team )
4 points , no injuries and a good weather

Franklin in the pocket to make space for LRT punts? Expensive decoy
FF/FP which ever way you look at it its deep forward , weather LRT lines up at FF or not Franklin will still get the number 1 defender anyway , a decoy is what the Hawks did with Franklin last year by playing him way up the ground than he has done in his 9 years in the game ( he admitted himself it was a totally different role than previous years )and that's what I don't want to see as he plays his best footy when playing deep forward weather that be FF/FP same thing to me mate.
If he is having a tough time down forward and not seeing much of it then maybe he can go up the ground a little more to get his hands on it but the guy can win and has won games off his own boot more than once and that's not playing on the wing/HB , the guy is a freak and can change the game within minutes that's why he has kicked 580+ goals , the most athletic KPP to ever play the game ( even if he cant mark over his head )shouldn't be a decoy

Want the 4 points,don't care by how much.Flicking channels tonight I heard Sydney fc fans using the SYDNEY chant.

As long as it's,the SYDNEY clap clap clap chant their welcome to it.
The syyyyydddddddnnnnnnneeeeeeyyyyyyy chant is patterned damn it!

As for the game it's at shithole staduim which helps keep the giants in it.

Swans by 34 if mummy can take big Mike pike. If pike gets the upper hand swans by 73.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W
Is that factored in when the club gave the injury prognosis on Tippett and Goodes?
Who knows. Our club doctors seem to pull a number from a hat when they decide how long they will be on the sidelines.

Looking at the Ticketmaster page, there are huge numbers of seats available in many bays on one wing which is a disappointing circumstance 6 days out from the game. Let's hope they fill up.
Not disappointing at all, shows the Giants aren't having much impact in Sydney while we are tracking for record membership

NRL crowds / TV ratings for their opening round that has just finished have been down as well, was a warm weekend in Sydney as well so maybe everyone is still at the beach #toughlife

For some reason it always takes time for interest to build in the AFL season up here. Don't know whether it's a cultural thing or something, we don't seem to get big crowds in Round 1.

Not disappointing at all, shows the Giants aren't having much impact in Sydney while we are tracking for record membership
If about half of the record membership (currently 33000ish) bought a ticket I think the stadium would be full.

NRL crowds / TV ratings for their opening round that has just finished have been down as well, was a warm weekend in Sydney as well so maybe everyone is still at the beach #toughlife

For some reason it always takes time for interest to build in the AFL season up here. Don't know whether it's a cultural thing or something, we don't seem to get big crowds in Round 1.

For some reason? Week out from the game the Sunday Herald did not have a single page on AFL FFS they had netball in there.

Atleast the telegraph shows lip service. Why can't they just stick real footy from the age in it?

Picked up the Daily Telegraph this morning and inside there was a 2014 mini mag has Buddy on the front cover and the usual predictions inside from "panel experts"

Inside there is a article which i found particularly interesting it focused on our past and the 1934 season where Pratt kicked 150 goals but we lost to Richmond in the GF it goes to say Pratt reckoned some of the players took bribes to play poorly and confronted them after the game.

For some reason? Week out from the game the Sunday Herald did not have a single page on AFL FFS they had netball in there.

Atleast the telegraph shows lip service. Why can't they just stick real footy from the age in it?

My point was that even the NRL crowds so far have been lower than what they were expecting, and they get most of the media coverage in Sydney.

But agree it would be extremely disappointing for GWS if they fail to sell out this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back