Pea Barrel

All Australian
Aug 29, 2010
Central Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
I was at that game in 1995. For the whole game I only saw a dozen people in blue and yellow. It was almost intimidating, except the Pies fans around me were quite pleasant and had no problem with me barracking hard for my team. and on the way out I was only threatened by one person. Not bad for a Collingwood crowd. Standing on the platform at Jolimont station was intimating, though. About 500 of them and just me. Decided to keep my celebrations in check.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears

Epitome of our flat track bully culture right there. Weak as piss. Similar feeling watching that game as the Carlton game this year.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Carlton are rubbish. A real flat track bully would have rolled them.
For sure - I more was referring to the futility of knowing your side will crumble as soon as the other side gets a run on

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Have been to the last few games against Collingwood at the mcg. Twice sat in there cheer squad, horrible. Cant imagine how bad Victoria Park must have been. There is a lot of preppy young kids, rich middle agers and Geordie Shore type people now with there big membership-cant imagine many of those sorts back in the day. Would absolutely love to win this. 6 point game.

Same here. Got a photo with Joffa during the last quarter of the 2008 game :D. Was amongst Pies fans during the semi in 2012. They hated me by the end of the game, lucky I had a Pies supporting friend with me to keep the peace

Matera LeNui

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Same here. Got a photo with Joffa during the last quarter of the 2008 game :D. Was amongst Pies fans during the semi in 2012. They hated me by the end of the game, lucky I had a Pies supporting friend with me to keep the peace
Awesome. A photo with Joffa and the big eagles guy would be the magnum opus of game photos!

Being mates with an opposition supporter definitely can come in handy! Im more of a yell out a cmon or go the big fist pump etc type of supporter. Some enjoy the jumping out of seats and standing up cheering for goal.............Collingwood really hate that "were paid members of the collingwood football club, sit the %$#&* down get the *$##*@ out of our ground or we'll smash your %$#@@ heads in you ***#$$# ##^&@** eagles $#@!&* rich @$%%!^^ trash.

Saw a girl the last game White jeggings, black g-string, half cut collingwood top and ugboots. She was the only one the cheer squad would bow down to. Sorta the Mayors daughter.

Nov 24, 2003
#impunity
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Awesome. A photo with Joffa and the big eagles guy would be the magnum opus of game photos!

Being mates with an opposition supporter definitely can come in handy! Im more of a yell out a cmon or go the big fist pump etc type of supporter. Some enjoy the jumping out of seats and standing up cheering for goal.............Collingwood really hate that "were paid members of the collingwood football club, sit the %$#&* down get the *$##*@ out of our ground or we'll smash your %$#@@ heads in you ***#$$# ##^&@** eagles $#@!&* rich @$%%!^^ trash.

Saw a girl the last game White jeggings, black g-string, half cut collingwood top and ugboots. She was the only one the cheer squad would bow down to. Sorta the Mayors daughter.

pics

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
If you thought the Eagles record vs Collingwood at the MCG was bad, you were wrong - its absolutely pathetic. We have 1 win against the Pies in 28 years of our history. A lot people including myself have considered Port Adelaide to be our bogey team and to a lesser extent I think they are. But this disastrous record against the Pies is probably our most shameful record we have, and that includes the wooden spoon and 100+ point thumpings,

The last (and only time) we have beaten Collingwood at the MCG was in 1995. Since then we have lost 8 games straight in this fixture. If youre like me youll put $20 on the pies to win this weekend as a reverse mocker attempt to try and get an Eagles win. But god forbid should we ever come up against Eddies mob on grand final day.

Does even the most optimistic Eagles fan see this losing streak coming to an end this weekend with our current group? Why the hell can't we beat them at the MCG?

This team is unable to step up in big games. Hasn't happened away from home without the old guns in many many years.
Collingwoods midfield is arguably one of the best in the comp and no matter how you swing it, a great midfield means you are going to win more games than you lose. I don't see us winning at all this weekend.

Pea Barrel

All Australian
Aug 29, 2010
Central Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
Did any of my fellow Melbournites see the 1 page spread that the Collingwood football club ran in this evening's MX trolling us? Not a bad effort actually.

Jun 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers, Oakland Raiders
I was at that 95 game as a 10 year old. Jason Ball kicked a goal out of the ruck with 2mins to go to put us in front. Pies took a mark 30m out as the siren went and umps (correctly) didnt award it. Their fans went ape s**t spitting and abusing me and my old man like we were the ones who blew the siren. hated them ever since.

Pea Barrel

All Australian
Aug 29, 2010
Central Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
I was at that 95 game as a 10 year old. Jason Ball kicked a goal out of the ruck with 2mins to go to put us in front. Pies took a mark 30m out as the siren went and umps (correctly) didnt award it. Their fans went ape s**t spitting and abusing me and my old man like we were the ones who blew the siren. hated them ever since.

Wow. We were at the same game, yet our experiences were completely different. Maybe it's because I'm 6'6" why people at the footy don't tend to abuse me.

Pea Barrel

All Australian
Aug 29, 2010
Central Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
BTW, it hasn't been all doom and gloom for us against the Pies. We've played them 43 times, for 21 wins, 21 losses and 1 draw.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Not gunna happen this week, might not get broken for another 4 or 5 years:eek: Depending on where we finish this year, we might only play them once next year, most likely away cause we play them later this year at home, then maybe home the year after, etc etc, I know it doesn't always work like that, but assuming we are s**t for a while longer can't see us beating them anywhere in the next few year.

Back