Jack Darling

I loved the look of this guy in his first season and thought he was going to be a star. When The Eagles first picked him up he looked like an absolute steal for a pick in the mid 20s. But a couple of years on and to me he looks very much like a standard mid 20s pick - He's an ok contributor.

Has he improved at all. Is he going to improve or did he just peak really early?

The_Ru

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2003
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't see a lot of West Coast but has he fallen foul of this stupid current idea of playing mobile key forwards up the ground?

WereFlyingHigh4

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, East Perth
Was having an awesome season up until recent weeks where hes dropped off a lot. I have a suspicion that he might be carrying a bit of an injury. He seems really down on confidence but i'd expect him to bounce back real soon. Terrible delivery from our mids doesn't help at all though.

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ideally he's a 3rd tall

Every single team would rip your hand off if he was offered up.

jko'neal

Cancelled
Oct 16, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Arsenal
Why when an average team gets beat by the reigning premiers, very undermanned it should be said. Do we start picking faults in random players? He's the least of WC worries.

I am Jack

Premiership Player
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team GGG Golovkin
Darling will still end up a good player, but for the time being he has stagnated.

I don't see a lot of West Coast but has he fallen foul of this stupid current idea of playing mobile key forwards up the ground?

Sort of. Our midfield is a massive weakness and he has been tried there - and it's working not so okay. I think you wouldn't be a part of a minority of football followers if you are of the opinion Darling has to spend most if not all of his time up front.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
His average stats are up on everything apart from goalkicking. And eagles are not setting the world on fire at moment mainly due to their midfield. And he is still young, Barry Hall had kicked less goals then Darling in his first season when he was 21...

Back