Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Studio: Crystal Dynamix
Release: Holiday 2015

In her first adventure, Lara Croft® was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Western Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty Survival-Action style.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey.

I love that this and Uncharted are going head to head in holiday 2015.

I will not be surprised if it is delayed though. TR2013 was a very good game, Cyrstal Dynamics have a very good platform to work from.

Is this next gen only?

No platforms announced yet. but a late 2015 title has a strong chance of only being PS4/Xbone. if it gets a delay to 2016 i would be shocked for multi-gen.

You should great game plays a lot like Uncharted.

See I actually hated Uncharted, got bored on the first and never played the rest. The fact that TLoU was so good will get me to play the next Uncharted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never mind. I should have checked first. Never believe Facebook posts lol

If it was an exclusive MS would of made a huge deal about it at the E3.

it would never be an exclusive and not just for the relationship with Sony and Lara. but if it was an exclusive it would be the last game Crystal Dynamics made as it would be head to head with Uncharted 4 in holiday 2015, along with the sales difference between the PS4 and X1 versions of the first game. and this has no chance against Uncharted in an exclusive race. i think it will get delayed when Uncharted gets a release date because this will be forgotten about and end up in the bargain bin fast if it went head to head.

I have interest in the game as long as its not out the same time as uncharted. i think it will be pushed to a early 2016 date, but that prob wont get dont till E3 next year.

See I actually hated Uncharted, got bored on the first and never played the rest. The fact that TLoU was so good will get me to play the next Uncharted.
Terrible life choice.

I'll likely play it when I can pick it up for around $30 as so many people have raved about it. I do like a good game.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the first Uncharted but after playing the next 2 I was sold. IMO UC2 and 3 are almost streets ahead of the first game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back