Game Day Eagles v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO it was NicNat who just destroyed us in the middle. Zac had an absolute howler, and it wasn't until Dixon was in the ruck until we started to get some sort of break even in the middle. Whenever Smith went into the ruck they just walked it out with ease. Clearances were massively one-sided. Only when Nic got tired from his lack of fitness did Zac get any sort of touch in his game, and our mids got on top because they weren't chasing tail. But it was still largely because of Charlie's work in the ruck that got us back in the game.

Finals aren't gone, but any buffer at all is now gone. We need to win every game we're expected to win, which includes games against Essendon and Carlton. Not to mention West Coast again at home. Probably also need to rely on some other sides losing, which is never a position you want to be in.

IMO it was NicNat who just destroyed us in the middle. Zac had an absolute howler, and it wasn't until Dixon was in the ruck until we started to get some sort of break even in the middle. Whenever Smith went into the ruck they just walked it out with ease. Clearances were massively one-sided. Only when Nic got tired from his lack of fitness did Zac get any sort of touch in his game, and our mids got on top because they weren't chasing tail. But it was still largely because of Charlie's work in the ruck that got us back in the game.

Finals aren't gone, but any buffer at all is now gone. We need to win every game we're expected to win, which includes games against Essendon and Carlton. Not to mention West Coast again at home. Probably also need to rely on some other sides losing, which is never a position you want to be in.

I need a pair of those lovely rose tinted glasses of yours Sunny

Sexton was a good sub I thought.

It's Hall.

But all of our players (bar maybe Prestia and Gaz) tend to drift in and out of games. You just cannot carry so many players for so long.

Where's the consistency in effort?
kinda hard to disagree with what you have said. i personally would have like to of seen sexton start the game and not wear the green vest. i believe he could have had an impact today.

i know Bluey is teaching the guys and is not a Ra Ra type coach but its time for some home truths to be said, far too many half efforts and lazy football, that team on the park is close to our best and should of accounted for an undermanned eagles with ease but they were harder at tbe ball and the man, clearly wanted it more and that is just not acceptable.

i dont want us to become the next Richmond FFS

i know Bluey is teaching the guys and is not a Ra Ra type coach but its time for some home truths to be said, far too many half efforts and lazy football, that team on the park is close to our best and should of accounted for an undermanned eagles with ease but they were harder at tbe ball and the man, clearly wanted it more and that is just not acceptable.

Hi Iva Bigun

Just wondering if you would think there would be any changes for next week.

What...............who are you?

I agree with everything you said, I'm shockingly optimistic about our chances here. I do think we have to take a win from either the Pies or Geelong on top of finishing clean. This team has gone on streaks against bottom teams before, so that Bulldogs-Saints-Lions run after Collingwood is absolutely crucial.

I also think we can beat Carlton, and there isn't a pre-game speech in the world that would be as motivating as just showing the team the replay of this game before the season finale at Metricon. This loss hurts, but they'll be pissed. Lets hope its not too late by then.

said that last night
Such a Richmond performance
Get so far behind that it's virtually impossible to win because you're not being physical enough, or chasing hard enough, or working hard enough, and then give your supporters false hope by steaming home to nearly snatch a miracle win, thereby papering over grand canyon like cracks.

Our defence is still a concern. We might be in the top 8 but we're 13th for scores against. Kennedy kicked 7 which wasnt a surprise at all. Thompson and May try valiantly but they need assistance and our midfield dont try hard enough to zone back and help defend. Whether that's laziness or lack of fitness from a young midfield or the actual gameplan from Bluey I'm not sure.

Hi Iva Bigun

Just wondering if you would think there would be any changes for next week.
hey gotassieboys I havent seen the stats yet but i think Hall has to go and stay out until he proves be is willing to put his body on the line. i also think Kade needs a rest and Spook Russell just isnt quite upto AFL standard at the moment.

hey gotassieboys I havent seen the stats yet but i think Hall has to go and stay out until he proves be is willing to put his body on the line. i also think Kade needs a rest and Spook Russell just isnt quite upto AFL standard at the moment.

Cheers Iva Bigun

I can't disagree with those comments although I wish I could because they are all Tasmanian boys!

Hall had an interrupted pre-season with OP and I reckon it is impacting on him at this stage. I still think a fit Hall is vital for the GCS.
Kade has had a sensational season but I reckon the physical toll of season is showing. Also at this stage I believe his body is more suited to the wing. Defensively he is exposed due to body size which I think the opposition are now exploiting.
Russell tries hard but at his size and position played, it is always a tough gig to shine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our defence is still a concern. We might be in the top 8 but we're 13th for scores against. Kennedy kicked 7 which wasnt a surprise at all. Thompson and May try valiantly but they need assistance and our midfield dont try hard enough to zone back and help defend. Whether that's laziness or lack of fitness from a young midfield or the actual gameplan from Bluey I'm not sure.

David Parkin commented on the GCS defenders several weeks ago as a concern for the success of the club.

I can't understand why Warnock is not getting a game as he always seems to do a good job. This would release May to the 3rd tall defender (190cm).
While KK and McKenzie give run and distance in their kicking out of the back line they are being exposed due to their lack of defensive experience. I would love to see them both play on the wing/forward and let them launch the left foot bombs forward.

Additionally the back line need support from up-field otherwise they are on a hiding to nothing.

Cheers Iva Bigun

I can't disagree with those comments although I wish I could because they are all Tasmanian boys!

Hall had an interrupted pre-season with OP and I reckon it is impacting on him at this stage. I still think a fit Hall is vital for the GCS.
Kade has had a sensational season but I reckon the physical toll of season is showing. Also at this stage I believe his body is more suited to the wing. Defensively he is exposed due to body size which I think the opposition are now exploiting.
Russell tries hard but at his size and position played, it is always a tough gig to shine.
i didnt think about the Tassie conection but your correct

Hall is a line breaker at this best but we are nust not seeing it at the moment
Kade is a star but as you said the toll is starting to show
Russell is a good player but doesnt excell in any department, good runner, kick,endurance but nothing about him elite. i expect he will make it but has a way to go at tbe moment

I actually thought Spook played one of his better games! Haha.

The best back 6 in history could not have stopped Kennedy yesterday. No midfield pressure causing them to just lace it out. Rory and Maysie cannot be blamed there.

Though they did go in very high up forward, causing Day to sometimes push back.

Does anyone else think Shaw is a big negative as well? That guy always leaves a bad taste in my mouth when the footy gets anywhere near him.

There's a reason why Shaw is 2nd on most games played out of the young players, behind McKenzie. He's a workhorse who's undoubtedly high respected in the club. Would rather someone like him who gives 100% every game than someone like Hall who has that X-factor but rarely gives the effort required.

There's a reason why Shaw is 2nd on most games played out of the young players, behind McKenzie. He's a workhorse who's undoubtedly high respected in the club. Would rather someone like him who gives 100% every game than someone like Hall who has that X-factor but rarely gives the effort required.
Haha you're kidding aren't you? The one thing Shaw doesn't do is give 100% every game.

This board's lack of football knowledge ******* astounds me

IMO it was NicNat who just destroyed us in the middle. Zac had an absolute howler, and it wasn't until Dixon was in the ruck

Prolly gonna get slaughtered 4 this but here goes, love Zac no probs there but Charlie seems to b slotting into ruck better than FF IMO - basing this on his lack of marks inside 50 & how well he played in the ruck yesterday but also seen glimpses in other games *shrugs*

Prolly gonna get slaughtered 4 this but here goes, love Zac no probs there but Charlie seems to b slotting into ruck better than FF IMO - basing this on his lack of marks inside 50 & how well he played in the ruck yesterday but also seen glimpses in other games *shrugs*

the issue with Charles has been fitness
He has been prone to injury and I suspect the match committee was reluctant to put him into the high risk rucking role too quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back