Lord of the rings

Remove this Banner Ad

The first one, like most first in a series things, is for a large part there to set up the story. To be honest I preferred the other two more, but overall it is worth watching. Just make sure you have plenty of time spare to watch them.

I liked them both but I sort of grew up with the Harry Potter films coming out at the right age bracket per film. If I were to see the first couple now as an adult I wouldn't like them because they are aimed at children. They get darker and more adult as the series progresses.

Harry Potter is a good franchise, LOTR is a masterpiece.

• Banned
I liked them both but I sort of grew up with the Harry Potter films coming out at the right age bracket per film. If I were to see the first couple now as an adult I wouldn't like them because they are aimed at children. They get darker and more adult as the series progresses.

Harry Potter is a good franchise, LOTR is a masterpiece.
But why does the 1st one go for almost 4 hours?

The one I'm about to watch is 3 hours and 40 odd minutes, apparently there is an extended version? Which 1 do i watch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched them as they came out as a teen. I found them a little annoying probably because I was on Team Potter and everyone wanked about this instead. But I suppose I liked them enough to keep going. I was a dull teenager though.

Watched the extended versions completely baked as a responsible adult over three nights a couple years ago. They were better than I remembered. Being high made the 726 minutes feel like 2000 minutes.

They're very good blockbuster films but wanting to not scare off the children dollars limits the story. Could do with more proper violence and sex. The monarchist overtones were a kind of dumb and the side story of that old guy who was basically a king but officially wasn't but his family had been ruling the city for centuries waiting for the royal family to rock back up was pretty stupid.

The third film winning Best Picture at the Oscars is absurd.

They're worth watching yes.

I watched them as they came out as a teen. I found them a little annoying probably because I was on Team Potter and everyone wanked about this instead. But I suppose I liked them enough to keep going. I was a dull teenager though.

Watched the extended versions completely baked as a responsible adult over three nights a couple years ago. They were better than I remembered. Being high made the 726 minutes feel like 2000 minutes.

They're very good blockbuster films but wanting to not scare off the children dollars limits the story. Could do with more proper violence and sex. The monarchist overtones were a kind of dumb and the side story of that old guy who was basically a king but officially wasn't but his family had been ruling the city for centuries waiting for the royal family to rock back up was pretty stupid.

The third film winning Best Picture at the Oscars is absurd.

They're worth watching yes.

First one was out in 2000 and you still haven't watched it after 14 years? The trilogy is the best ever, these movies are the greatest IMO.

Do yourself a favour and watch them.

Get on the hobbits as well, another masterpiece by Peter Jackson.

LOTR > HP

tumblr_lzhvxyamA11qbj2hso1_400.gif

First one was out in 2000 and you still haven't watched it after 14 years? The trilogy is the best ever, these movies are the greatest IMO.

Do yourself a favour and watch them.

Get on the hobbits as well, another masterpiece by Peter Jackson.

LOTR > HP
Please dont ever mention the Hobbit and LOTR in the same status. They dont hold a candle to LOTR and are so so dissapointing compared to his first trilogy.

Im a huge LOTR fan, but the Hobbit is average at best. The second one was slightly better though.

They're half as good as the LOTR films but still very good movies, I thought the first hobbit was good, and the second went up a few gears.

Hoping the third one does the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back