Official Club Stuff The Official BigFooty Supporters/Team thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to sblack and Shaucob_Burjan for starting this.
Just post team name and poster - NO NEED TO QUOTE THIS POST.
I'll update as we go along!

76ers- sblack, Warsaw, BenF, Jordie_tackles, CrimsonButterfly, briztoon Moist Cobra, peters17, danielnajdek, bird_man, sherrif, sydney kicker, robbiegrey17, BJK#5
Blazers- The Sim Dog, smashh, nightfury, Cruiser23, trix17,StevieDewar, apple icup, kakkle
Bobcats (NBAS BEST CHEERLEADER OUTFIT) - dirtywhirl, DangerSloan
Bucks- theeigthhampster, etdm, yellow mit, espy, The City Boyz
Bulls- Dez!, axelfoley#5, chargers_09, jordan, stalin castro, special agent utah, hayes, swansrule100, Jatz, matera92, James Colorado, stewie griffen
Cavaliers - popathon, troy wingate, sheller891, kickpuncher, sloaneysdanger, shaqsuns, Superstar swan, nahnah
Celtics - Vegas15, celtic_pride, eagle87, andsmithmustscore, nbaman1, chadwicko, Scully2Folau, workhorse, Gus Poyet (since 1979), Moo, MMAPride Scott, go you pups, Bluesman, Thommo333, Peanutbutter pies
Clippers - wotdoiput, BG32, hawthorn23
Grizzlies manofclay
Heat- Rocco_s, the young gun, plowking, jackyboy, lbj6, dirty bird (for chadwiko), lockyer24, Angus Young, ThePezDispenser, JDavey, tigs2010, LB#16, PVF, Gak Attack
Hawks- haterade, hamG, trent conheady
Hornets - hansie, Vanders, JRyan23, J Shuttlesworth, Reminiscence
Pelicans - doubleA, xbox , nufan, wagon2004, son of skelator, Green Eggs, tigland, 2006_eagles, largebus
Jazz - that idiot, halfback dasher , Scream, Maximus76, strauchanie59, Abers, roo beauty, simba
Kings - Stiffy18, silverscope, crafted, Hipster Doofus
Knicks - renegade, primetime pricey, alexfoley, Vincent Chase, Great8, Smartys power
Lakers - peternorth, devo, biggie, lukehodge15, jeremias, stengleins a champ, jeffers, deadlyakkuret, hood007, walkers a legend, jason5, the silencer, danger in texas, Adelaide Hawk, bigbreakfast
Magic - Borgsta, wall-e, phx, row hound, boshtrichburger, juggalo ball, flaps, lukozade
Mavericks - Funkzeit, BEGG, fpcookie , Kidd Vicious, LukeParkerno1, beatnik
Nets - magtrev, HaroLad, LP04
Nuggets - eathb, axelfoley#5, LicoriceAllsorts, DT_35, Judd2Sewell, mickelboy182, NSWCROW
Pacers - Darerealth, Shade, Suns Supreme
Pistons - diablo14, damon_3388, moistie, liam#9, Swarles Barkley
Raptors - hodges, whodoiput
Rockets - osmodiar, Aenimence, thesituation23 (knows more than 70% of aussies about NBA teams), kingkingston
Spurs - jerry springer, back pocket rocket, Ron, Gridlocked, Ashton Agar, Kicking Goals UnitedWarrior93, JeffreyCC
Suns - apollo creed, Look2Me4Guidance, Marcel Proust, bond.shanebond, el toado, roo boy in WA, djrossie16, Itsmyshow Gigantic, The Punter
Thunder - badga, coachhzl, dirty bird, ioppolo, Rahul, unsociable hawk, Hawks_2008, Frederico_WA
T'Wolves - messenger, the rusty clam (aka iron oxide vagina), Cyberdyne, Stif_90, d0gs, delirious1, HawkintheTuarts, Dannnnnnnnnn, Cager MacLeod/Feraligatr
Warriors - peninsula boy, wezza, pumpter, kozi01, dUkezz, fidstar
Wizards - deledio2tambling, johncocksuperstar, Varcoe2Chapman, clarkeM, @wowlace, Freoricci

Undecided/depends if Lebron wins championship - Gak Attack , fidstar

Miscellaneous - stewie griffen

The game of basketball (NBA) generally - shaucob_burjan, mdc, september glory

Last edited:
new york a bandwagon team......
giphy.gif
wow-cool.gif

Oh really what pulled you to the Clippers? Was it their astounding success and roster of great talents?
nope hence why im not a band wagoner. i just started to get into basketball and the Lakers were good around that time but why would i support a team that just wins? so i choose the other LA team which seem to be upcoming with maggette, Odom and Brand

nope hence why im not a band wagoner. i just started to get into basketball and the Lakers were good around that time but why would i support a team that just wins? so i choose the other LA team which seem to be upcoming with maggette, Odom and Brand
And you were how old at the time?

I would of understood if you went with Sactown during that era

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LAL, NYK, CHI, MIAMI

All jokes aside, I do kind of roll my eyes when someone says I am a Lakers/Heat/Celtics fan. Until I can get a decent conversation with them about basketball knowledge.

In saying that; Lakers, Heat, Bulls, Spurs, Yankees, Red Socks, Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Bruins, Ducks, Kings, Avalanches and Maple Leafs are markets that are somewhat of a brand themselves. Some people might even associate those logos with clothing before a professional football team. "I got a Yankee cap, cause Jay-Z is always representing it" etc.

There are many contributing factors to someone going for a team;

Some people have jumped onto the team because of there success during the era of when they took interest into the sport. While I other may be following in the footsteps of family tradition.

Me for example;
Was born in 1987 and later played rep and state for Country Vic. Rewind; Grew up in a house where basketball was as important as AFL. Watched Gaze, Copeland and later on Bradtke in awe. NBA wasn't as televised or accessible as it is now.

I Had a Andrew Gaze (Tigers) jersey, Larry Johnson (Hornets) jersey, Clyde Drexler (Blazers) jersey and a Shaq (Magic) jersey. People ask "Who do you go for?" and I would say Hornets. I did watch games, mimic moves and other things I would see on the TV during those games. However, the whole blood, sweat and tears thing wasn't as much of a factor as going to every Victorian Richmond match year-in, year-out.

Then there was a period during 1996-1999 where the NBA was an afterthought. Got re-invested in 2000, when I was in year 7. Since then I've decided that I should pick a team and stick with it. Like I had with Richmond.

Being a Richmond supporter (inherited), I have unfortunately had to learn patience and have the ability to not throw in the towel (microwave incidents excluded) the hard way. But it didn't force me to go for multiple success like Boston or the Lakers.

Blazers. A bit of my decision was based on their current win-loss ratio, the whole growing up with a Drexler jersey (which I had really just grown into) was a slight factor and yes, also the fact I didn't want to be another majority (TOTAL HIPSTER) Lakers fan.

San Francisco Giants; In 2006 I found myself watching a lot of baseball on ESPN along with there opinion/talk shows like PTI, First Take etc. That was when I discovered Brian Wilson (former relief pitcher). He was hilarious off-field and honed-in on-field. Then two years later they win the World Series.

Enough.

Then you can go your second-tier markets,

Thunder and Clippers are a good example.

Thunder: A lot of new fans have jumped onto OKC because, they are; either new to the league, were previously Seattle fans or have decided to start a fresh after a hiatus from the NBA (kind of like what I did). Oh and I'm talking purely on an international/Australian fanbase.

Clippers: I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY CLIPPERS JERSEYS EVER, since 2010/11. Not to accuse, but you sit there and wave your finger like you s**t doesn't stink. Who is not to say you went "Blake Griffin, oh yeah, see you later Lakers. I'm going for fresh blood."

Remember, not accusing you. Just letting you know that there is a reason behind everyones pic. Especially from a league that is not geographically associated with us. So there is no hometown pride etc.

Anyway, bored of typing and keep getting alerts. So peace

Last edited:
JDavey added to this thread.

welcome aboard. please give us some history

Sure... started as a lakers fan because my step dad was... when I was about 13.
Was a huge fan of Shaq, i was a big tall guy in my local basketball teams so I also tried to draw comparisons, channel the shaq-fu.
Followed him to Miami, and then fell in love with Wade and started following basketball a bit more seriously. Stuck with them ever sense, even through some of those quiet forgetbally seasons between 06 and the Lebron era.

Bit interesting with regards to the teams I follow, Essendon has a long history of success and isn't very well liked (espicially after drug saga), Miami has a short history of success and is one of the most hated teams in the league, Vikings are the loveable losers of the NFC.

Sure... started as a lakers fan because my step dad was... when I was about 13.
Was a huge fan of Shaq, i was a big tall guy in my local basketball teams so I also tried to draw comparisons, channel the shaq-fu.
Followed him to Miami, and then fell in love with Wade and started following basketball a bit more seriously. Stuck with them ever sense, even through some of those quiet forgetbally seasons between 06 and the Lebron era.

Bit interesting with regards to the teams I follow, Essendon has a long history of success and isn't very well liked (espicially after drug saga), Miami has a short history of success and is one of the most hated teams in the league, Vikings are the loveable losers of the NFC.

really disappointing you followed shaq to miami as a lakers fan.

i note with interest that you didnt follow shaq to cleveland, phx or boston?

JDavey

Last edited:
really disappointing you followed shaq to miami as a lakers fan.

i note with interest that you didnt follow shaq to cleveland, phx or boston?

JDavey

I wasn't really a lakers fan, I was only affiliated due to my step dad.. and I didn't follow Shaq as I fell in love with Wade! The game is remembered for other reasons now but if you watch his highlights he was really something else that series..

I wasn't really a lakers fan, I was only affiliated due to my step dad.. and I didn't follow Shaq as I fell in love with Wade! The game is remembered for other reasons now but if you watch his highlights he was really something else that series..

The refs were really something in that series

I'm a heat fan and before you ask, yes I am (unashamedly) what most on here would call a "bandwagoner". I followed Chicago as a kid growing up in the 90's and then lost interest in the NBA in 99 (both because the team got broken up and north won the flag and football consumed my entire sporting interest).

I started following the game again in 2012/13 and chose the heat after watching the documentary on James and his high school basketball team and taking a stronger interest in his career.

All jokes aside, I do kind of roll my eyes when someone says I am a Lakers/Heat/Celtics fan. Until I can get a decent conversation with them about basketball knowledge.

In saying that; Lakers, Heat, Bulls, Spurs, Yankees, Red Socks, Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Bruins, Ducks, Kings, Avalanches and Maple Leafs are markets that are somewhat of a brand themselves. Some people might even associate those logos with clothing before a professional football team. "I got a Yankee cap, cause Jay-Z is always representing it" etc.

I don't know how old you are but the Boston/Mass teams were never that popular with Australian fans becuase they never represented the black culture that a huge portion of NBA Aussie fans seemed to flock to.

I worked in a basketball card style shop back in the 90's while studying for a few years and Boston teams were not popular. In fact the only Boston team that was slightly popular was the Red Sox. And that really only amounted to cap sales.

Given the Celtics storied history there really aren't that many Celtics fans out there in the big wide world of Aussie NBA fans.

Even in the US Boston teams are not popular to people outside of Mass and some of the surrounding NE states. Very few celebs are seen wearing Boston teams gear at events.

Boston were rarely bandwagon worthy because they were to white a town/state to ever seem cool.

There are many contributing factors to someone going for a team;

Thunder: A lot of new fans have jumped onto OKC because, they are; either new to the league, were previously Seattle fans or have decided to start a fresh after a hiatus from the NBA (kind of like what I did). Oh and I'm talking purely on an international/Australian fanbase.

Personally for me the decisions were;

Originally / as a kid: It was all about Charlotte and Seattle, the former because it was the same uniform as the team I played in at the time and the later because of NBA Jam, photos of Kemp in my brothers magazines and an intense love of The Glove. Honestly despite having more Charlotte merchandise (that s**t was everywhere in the 90s) they were solidified as a "second team"

Second time it was from being Sterned, the OKC saga absolutely destroyed what had remained of my love of NBA after the Sonics being s**t for years, some hope at last in getting Durant then boom... So when I half assed followed NBA again I was like "Well I love watching Kobe and the Lakers aren't going to disappear". Honestly though it was pretty half assed, I didn't really keep up with it much and wasn't emotionally invested, just owned about 4 different Kobe jerseys and a Pau Gasol one.

Kind of want to get back into it properly, have had for a while but I don't want to just "pick a team", odds of Seattle coming back are slim to none, don't want to be a "bandwagoner"... Perhaps I should get league pass and watch a heap of Summer League and this seasons games and see which team feels right or something :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back