Preview Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

it will be interesting to see if they put Bellchambers in, as i remember it last year he kicked four on us and 2 in the last quarter
5 goals actually. And I'd say it's unlikely

Looks like Butcher has a fair chance of being selected. If he comes in, it would be a lucky break because he hasn't been setting the world on fire in the sanfl.

But if selected I hope he grabs the chance with both hands and puts on a good show against the Bombers.

I get the sneaky suspicion he'll be a better AFL player than SANFL...

I reckon Wingard wouldn't get a kick most weeks in the SANFL...

This game for Essendon parallels our game against Freo - the two key defenders missing and therefore a perception that there are greater opportunities going forward. Let's hope they just bomb away to space or loose defenders so Jasper and co can mop up and send it back.

I get the sneaky suspicion he'll be a better AFL player than SANFL...

I reckon Wingard wouldn't get a kick most weeks in the SANFL...
He wouldn't be a HFF in the SANFL that's for sure. If he played centre he'd tear it up, if he copped a hard tag he'd go to FF and kick a bag. My 2 cents anyway. [Edit: I guess if you average the two out and you get a HFF haha...but seriously he played midfield for Sturt as a 17 year old and wasn't exactly a spud]

He wouldn't be a HFF in the SANFL that's for sure. If he played centre he'd tear it up, if he copped a hard tag he'd go to FF and kick a bag. My 2 cents anyway. [Edit: I guess if you average the two out and you get a HFF haha...but seriously he played midfield for Sturt as a 17 year old and wasn't exactly a spud]

I always believe the smaller the occasion, the lesser he cares... last weeks game being an odd exception.

Firmly believe he'll win a Norm Smith if he plays in a GF too.

I really want to see Shaw play a game against either Richmond or Carlton. Just a sniff.

IN : young, dom, oshea ( possibly Clurey instead of Dom)

Out : gray, twin towers

I really want to see Shaw play a game against either Richmond or Carlton. Just a sniff.

IN : young, dom, oshea ( possibly Clurey instead of Dom)

Out : gray, twin towers

Edit: for some reason Ken and the coaches have a soft spot for Mitchell, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

What i think will happen
In: Clurey, O'Shea, Cassisi
Out: Carlile, Trengove, S Gray

i would love to see Butch come back in though and release Westy to float around and spend more time in defence
would also love to see Youngy back in the team to replace Mitchell

so i would like to see...
In: Clurey, Cassisi, Butcher, Young
Out: Carlile, Trengove, S Gray, Mitchell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butcher will play. It's his birthday today. Moore and Neade both got selected for the Melbourne game when their birthdays coincided with selection day.
Out: Carlisle, Trengove, S. Gray
In: Clurey, Butcher, Cassisi

I'm hoping for Butcher or Mason Shaw,Dom or Logan, O'Shea and Clurey for Sammy Gray, the injured stars and Mitchell.
Whether or not that happens I don't know.Hate this time on a Thursday worrying about who comes in

I know he's still a week away but it would have been interesting if Stewart was fit.

He could have come in as a swing man.
When Hoff is down back, Stewy is up fwd helping Schulz.
When Hoff is up fwd, Stewy is mopping up down back.

Butch gets a couple of weeks then Shaw has hopefully done enough to have Ken thinking it's time...... or Butch is putting his place in the side beyond doubt. Either scenario works for me.

Channel 10 had O'Shea & Cassisi in (cassisi depends on final training run)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back