Preview Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we expecting rain?

Yes

Adelaide area
Cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds west to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon and evening.

Max 15

Last edited:
Who let Mark Williams and his merry band of flankers back to selection? A delusional Brett Ebert would be better than this. Yes I'm mad and I'm fed up. Unlike post 2007 our team is playing well and developing but structure is still holding us back due to a seemingly stubborn coach

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Whats unexpected about those selections. Very good selections those. Exactly what ive been calling for. The only difference was i felt Butcher wouldve come in for Mitchell.

However looking at the Bombers line up we have just as many talls as they do so we should match up fine.

We lost contested by 30+ last week so no surprise young and dom coming in. I'm guessing they wanted a more experience guy to help out in defense hence Oshea.

Kern and the team this weekend
willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-20091006005121439_640w.jpg

Whats unexpected about those selections. Very good selections those. Exactly what ive been calling for. The only difference was i felt Butcher wouldve come in for Mitchell.

However looking at the Bombers line up we have just as many talls as they do so we should match up fine.

Westhoff will have to back Lobbe up exclusively with Trengove out, ergo, Schulz will have to fend for himself against two of Carlisle/Hooker/Hurley.

I'd have picked Darryl Poole if it came down to it.

Dont think much of Essendons forward line ????
Losing Fletcher & Hibberd means they won't be able to put Hurley forward as much as I thought they would, that is good for us as he'll be required to keep structure down back.

Looking at Essendons side & it's not as tall as they could've been no Bellchambers & Fletcher, we could've done with a 3rd tall but Shaw's not ready & Butch isn't in form. Hibberd is a huge loss.

This game will be won & lost in the midfield we need Gray, Harts, Ebo, Boak, Polec, Wines & Wingard to put in a 4 qtr effort & we should be able to win this match.

Would've liked to see Clurey get a run but I'm not going to burn my membership over it lol.

Ugh, SEASON = OVER. WE HAVE LITERALLY COST EVERYTHING WITH THESE SELECTIONS WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE WOODEN SPOON THIS YEAR THEN LOSE THE GRAND FINAL BY 180 POINTS CAN'T BELIEVE IT LITERALLY WORSE THAN PRIMUS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we don't rate Essendon's forward line (Double negative) however, Ken is backing in our midfield.

I really hope the midfield stands up like it has most of the year, if it does well then their forward line doesn't matter and our forward line won't either because dominant forward line, excellent delivery = win win win

Guess they're expecting Hombsch and Jonas to play the "tall" defenders. O'Shea despite his height is definitely not a tall defender. Jonas plays above his size so I don't see that being an issue. As long as the midfield keep Essendon from getting quick entries, we should be fine.

Will be great to have some grunt again with Cassisi and Young back in the side. I felt that Cassisi in particular was missed for the showdown. Plenty of grunt in the middle, and plenty of speed on the outside. Really looking forward to getting this game started.

Hooker to have 15 intercept marks for the day with Schulz being 2/3v1. Should be an interesting game

You assuming we would kick to Schulz? No doubt the mosquito squad will be left one out while Sarge works down to Hbf to provide a marking target

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Westhoff will have to back Lobbe up exclusively with Trengove out, ergo, Schulz will have to fend for himself against two of Carlisle/Hooker/Hurley.

I'd have picked Darryl Poole if it came down to it.
Have you looked at the line ups, they have 2 tall forwards, 2 tall backs and a ruckman. They have gone in small as well. Ambrose is more a mid size and would be taken by O'Shea.

We structurally have no issue with our height V theirs. They will most likely have to do the same as we will and rob their forward of Carlisle for periods and only have 1 tall forward left in exactly the same way we will.

Oddly enough, I like the INs. Cassisi adds the experience, O'Shea offers another avenue to run out of defence and young, well he will bring some real class. Just hope they don't have him as the sub!

Hooker to have 15 intercept marks for the day with Schulz being 2/3v1. Should be an interesting game

Keep an eye out for any novelty punts. Hooker 8+ marks is a Jeremy Piven.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back