Scott Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I agree with the points about Redden.
There are no guarantees about him atm.
Even if fit next year he will be playing SANFL.

There is a spot in our 22 for Lycett that Paul Stewart is using (paper on cracks), Butcher can't use and Shaw and Harvey are not ready for.

Ebert80

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2008
South Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the odds are against Lycett making his way onto our list next year, but if he did,I think it would be more as a key forward than ruckman.....or at least someone who could alternate with the Hoff between CHF and back up ruck duties (when Lobbe needed a spell).

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
we need a big strong Taylor Walker type. my opinion for him has grown this year. he has made a huge difference to their team. he is big, strong and intimidating.

and he is only 194cm

The Scott Lycett Navigation Device for the West Coast team bus.

Cross Sir Donald Bradman Drive
Continue straight ahead to Henley Beach Road and turn right
Turn left at Holbrooks Road
Head north to Grange Road, turn right then left
Head north on East Avenue to Port Road
Turn left at Port Road
Continue along Port Road to Brougham Place
Turn right at Brougham Place
Continue to Allan Scott Power Headquarters
You have reached your destination

Aug 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
we need a big strong Taylor Walker type. my opinion for him has grown this year. he has made a huge difference to their team. he is big, strong and intimidating.

and he is only 194cm
Google says he's 194cm but I'm pretty sure he's shorter than that, footywire has him at 192cm which is a little more accurate as I don't think he's taller than Schulz.

Was keen to see how Lycett goes but not sure I can watch them get destroyed like they are, hopefully he doesn't play too well in front of the rivals best to keep their interest & his asking price relatively low.

Last edited:
Google says he's 194cm but I'm pretty sure he's shorter than that, footywire has him at 192cm which is a little more accurate as I don't think he's taller than Schulz.

Was keen to see how Lycett goes but not sure I can watch them get destroyed like they are, hopefully he doesn't play too well in front of the rivals best to keep their interest & his asking price relatively low.

West Coast are leading. :confused:

Lycett's playing crap. That gold statue is looking good Rohdey. :p

MALTSY

Club Legend
May 2, 2011
silver sands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We cant rest on "yeah but Redden when fit is a gun"
Redden has been injured for near 2 seasons and who knows what he will be like IF/WHEN he makes it back

At the moment we have Lobbe and Renouf. If Lobbe goes down now we are ******. Even if Renouf wasnt injured he is about as handy as having a witches hat anyway

We need to prepare for the possibility that we might not see Redden for a long time and who knows how long it will be til he is back to his best anyway

I think we'd be stupid not to try everything to get Lycett. Yes the crows will have a dip as they are looking for a Jacobs backup (Graham is s**t), but the mail is Jonathan Griffin is a near certainty to go back to the crows

Lycett addresses one of our big deficiencies... then to get Cameron ;)

Redden is going great according to his family. I think he will be our Brendan Lade story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lycett impressed me immensely today.If he does decide he wants to go back to SA and more importantly to Alberton I'd be stoked.I reckon we can get him for a Ebert type deal so here's hoping he decides to return home.

Lycett impressed me immensely today.If he does decide he wants to go back to SA and more importantly to Alberton I'd be stoked.I reckon we can get him for a Ebert type deal so here's hoping he decides to return home.

Nah. We only got 'an Ebert type deal' for Brad because we didn't have any picks in between pick 6 and pick 28, and pick 6 was obviously well overs at the time. This year we'll have a pick around 15, so that's what West Coast will be gunning for, possibly with a second rounder swap or something like that thrown in as well because pick 15-ish would be slight overs.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah. We only got 'an Ebert type deal' for Brad because we didn't have any picks in between pick 6 and pick 28, and pick 6 was obviously well overs at the time. This year we'll have a pick around 15, so that's what West Coast will be gunning for, possibly with a second rounder swap thrown in as well or something like that.
Tbh you'd almost give em that pick for Lycett as ya getting a ready to go ruckman/3rd tall forward out of it.I feel we are at a stage we just need to add to our list now and Lycett would add to it immensely.

drcollossimo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
Nah. We only got 'an Ebert type deal' for Brad because we didn't have any picks in between pick 6 and pick 28, and pick 6 was obviously well overs at the time. This year we'll have a pick around 15, so that's what West Coast will be gunning for, possibly with a second rounder swap or something like that thrown in as well because pick 15-ish would be slight overs.
But would pick 15ish for a guy who appears to have the goods be a punt on our behalf?

I haven't looked too deeply into the draft pool this year but surely Lycett > than whatever KPF is left over at pick 15ish?

I did watch today and after I stopped laughing reflected on the fact he played well and could easily be a part time ruck/forward if we needed it

Jakko

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I feel so torn on this one. Lobbe, Redden and Lycett on the list would lock in a key spots depth for 10 years. But whatever pick/s we give up could be used for a key forward (I hope). Is Redden/Lobbe (plus a mature backup and developing ruck if needed) enough? Would we regret letting Lycett fall into the arms of the cows? Is the answer to take Lycett, and offload Redden for a pick? The ruck pinch hitting ability/potential of Shaw and Harvey might also play a part in any decision. Maybe even involve Shaw in any potential trade?

I have no strong opinions on it but lots of what if flow on questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back