Abortions cause breast cancer, says Senator Abetz

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh hello, not before time: 'I was taken out of context blah blah'. Keep digging.
Yeah but his explanation for being taken out of context was more of a whine about them not showing the bit were he tried to insert a get out statement that contradicted everything he had just been saying and defending.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-...or-linking-abortions-to-breast-cancer/5656832

" was cut off before being able to acknowledge that Dr Angela Lanfranchi's views on this topic were not the accepted medical view," he said.

"As I pointed out, I am associating myself with the Families Conference, the broad aims of which I support. This does not mean that I endorse the views of every single speaker.

"She has spoken at hospitals and universities around the world and she has the right to free speech in Australia. I accept the AMA has a right to disagree with Dr Lanfranchi's views."

LOL! essentially: "This lady says abortion causes cancer. But I'm not saying that. Stop the oppression."

That said, "What about the fact that one of the speakers at this conference promotes the factually incorrect statement that abortion leads to breast cancer. Do you believe that?" is a loaded question, and I doubt he honestly believes this tripe, he just doesn't mind implying legitimacy while absolving himself of any responsibility.

Last edited:

Yeah but his explanation for being taken out of context was more of a whine about them not showing the bit were he tried to insert a get out statement that contradicted everything he had just been saying and defending.

Its just like the way they argue things like climate change. They counter any prevailing scientific view with the odd opposed 'opinion'. They like to argue that 'others' have a different view of things. Its all done to sew doubt & discredit any view that they dont like, usually for ideological grounds.

With This & his 40 applications a month fiasco, you are seeing the nutty ideologue at his best/worst.

And this nutcase is what passes for Government!!!!

Media adviser for Abetz or Brandis - possibly the most stress inducing job on the planet.

Actually, what this government needs is a bit of Malcolm and Jamie ("Angriest Man in Scotland") to induce some genuine fear into the ranks. Credlin not cutting it in that respect.

Dr Lanfranchi wrote that women who take the oral contraceptive prefer men who are genetically very similar to them. "They choose men who could be a very close relative," she wrote.

"In other words, in their relationships they had fewer sexual encounters, wanted sex less and were more likely to engage in infidelity or adultery. Less sex, bad sex and infidelity is a recipe for a bad relationship and conflict that could easily lead to even deadly violence," she wrote.
Am I reading the Onion? If I was Abetz I would be doing everything in my power to infringe on her freedom of speech and prevent her from ever speaking in public again. Nothing is worse for his image than having a satirical comedian infiltrate the "Congress of Families".

Melbourne - July: Aids Conference
Melbourne - August: World Congress of Families

Women who take the pill lose interest in sex and are more likely to be the victim of violent assault and murder.

Women who take the pill are more likely to engage in incest.

Abortion, divorce, single parents and LGBT people are responsible for promiscuity, sexually transmitted diseases, poverty, human trafficking, violence against women and child abuse.

There’s a link between abortion and breast cancer.

The sole purpose of sex is for procreation and an expression of love between husband and wife in the covenant of marriage. All other sexual activity cannot satisfy the human spirit and leads to remorse, alienation and disease.

All forms of non-heterosexual sex is a sin and gay people should be converted to heterosexuality via Christian therapy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-...or-linking-abortions-to-breast-cancer/5656832

LOL! essentially: "This lady says abortion causes cancer. But I'm not saying that. Stop the oppression."

That said, "What about the fact that one of the speakers at this conference promotes the factually incorrect statement that abortion leads to breast cancer. Do you believe that?" is a loaded question, and I doubt he honestly believes this tripe, he just doesn't mind implying legitimacy while absolving himself of any responsibility.

It's not a loaded question at all. It's one of the easiest questions I've ever seen put to a politician. Here's a crazy thought. If you're asked if you believe an anti-science nut job conspiracy theory and you don't want to look like a f***wit, just say no!

It's not a loaded question at all. It's one of the easiest questions I've ever seen put to a politician. Here's a crazy thought. If you're asked if you believe an anti-science nut job conspiracy theory and you don't want to look like a f***wit, just say no!
Well, loaded question is probably the wrong word. But asking it and then editing out the inevitable backpedal part of his answer lends some unfounded credence to his conspiracy theory (of the media being out to get him). He looks, if anything, like even more of an idiot in context, what purpose does editing an interview with a politician serve other than to give them a "get out of jail" card to use?

Last edited:
Good to know the current cabinet isn't particularly picky about what science it rejects. I hear hockey's proposing Alchemy as a solution to our debt.
He got quite a good hearing from his phrenologist when he discussed the idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dr. Lanfranchi is a breast surgical oncologist and co-director of the Steeplechase Cancer Center's sanofi-aventis Breast Program.
sanofi-aventis is a major pharmaceutical company.
I find it very difficult to accept the science of any expert when they may be linked to an organisation that may have a self-interest.

Amazing. You would think that the wisest choice for any minister is to give the World Congress of Loonies as wide a berth as possible. But since we have the adults in charge there's a few who will be attending and speaking there too.

If I ever move to the USA I'm gonna live in North Dakota. That map made my decision easy.

Actually I completely misinterpreted the map. I thought those were places where these unhinged loons were active. Turns out they're planned parenthood locations. Which state has the most? Maybe California it looks like. I'm going there.

From Bolta, you couldn't make this s**t up, what the hell does that even mean?
I can never understand this delusion in people, that the fact that more people disagree with them actually makes them more right, and that they're some lone voice against the status quo or something.

Being contrary to scientific method and facts doesn't make you brave, it just makes you an idiot.

"How dare the media demand people accept scientific consensus!" what a stupid thing to say, and it's not like Abetz actually understands these sources, or even has the balls to come out and say he agrees with them. His defence was that he doesn't understand them. And is Bolt really stooping so low as to actually say he does think that abortion cause breast cancer? I mean, that would be jumping the shark, even for Bolt.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back