What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

Remove this Banner Ad

In fact I'm interested to hear what you think is going to happen since Port don't care about the SANFL premiership. Is Kane Mitchell, Tom Logan, Ben Newton, Nathan Krakour, Paul Stewart and John Butcher going to play safe and let other teams win? Or are they going to go out and prove the point that they are good enough to play at the next level? I don't think you have anything to worry about with the team "not caring"

The days of the best players in the state playing for the SANFL are gone. They havnt just moved to the AFL either.

Unfortunately for a lot of people the SANFL is getting less relevant as time goes on.
Port are on the top of the ladder. Imagine where they would be if they did care about the SANFL.

Totally correct it is losing its interest and it was always going to along with the VFL, WAFL when a AFL (premier) league was brought in. But that still gives no right to any club to treat it like a toilet as there will still be 20000-30000 people attend on a weekly basis that enjoy the league for what it is

Totally correct it is losing its interest and it was always going to along with the VFL, WAFL when a AFL (premier) league was brought in. But that still gives no right to any club to treat it like a toilet as there will still be 20000-30000 people attend on a weekly basis that enjoy the league for what it is

Remember the AFC and the PAFC couldn't of done this without the SANFL's consent.

Remember the AFC and the PAFC couldn't of done this without the SANFL's consent.

Yes and most of the SANFL supporters have let their clubs know of their disgust in their clubs for voting this in. Well done South and Centrals for having balls and doing what is right for their members. The next step will be what these clubs do to fix the problem, move the AFL reserves on or weaken their teams to make them uncompetitive which will take away a lot of the public outcry? I can tell which one I want as the other one has the same impact on the comps integrity also.

There's plenty of Magpie supporters that don't follow Port Power in the AFL, they've stuck fast to supporting Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Geelong etc. Then there's enough Magpie supporters that don't follow the AFL at all, how have they been treated? What were they told would happen in the One Club merger? Would've they voted to merge had the proposal been for the Magpies to become a Power reserves team in two years time? I would bet not!
You're deluded enough to think that the SANFL ladder validates the lie to the Magpie supporters and the betrayal, yet even KT says 'we don't want any advantages because that would only diminish any of our achievements'.
Yet the club is more than happy to take the advantages they've pushed for and still push to keep. Meanwhile in the AFL the club and supporters have been whining and complaining about so called disadvantages for years.
Go figure!
I don't have a problem with Port having a reserves team but don't disrespect the history of the Magpies or their supporters by calling them the Magpies, they're not. If they, along with Adelaide want reserves teams, want to break the SANFL salary cap and want all the other leg ups they have over the traditional clubs then that's fine but you don't play finals.
No finals, no Magarey.

There's plenty of Magpie supporters that don't follow Port Power in the AFL, they've stuck fast to supporting Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Geelong etc. Then there's enough Magpie supporters that don't follow the AFL at all, how have they been treated? What were they told would happen in the One Club merger? Would've they voted to merge had the proposal been for the Magpies to become a Power reserves team in two years time? I would bet not!
You're deluded enough to think that the SANFL ladder validates the lie to the Magpie supporters and the betrayal, yet even KT says 'we don't want any advantages because that would only diminish any of our achievements'.
Yet the club is more than happy to take the advantages they've pushed for and still push to keep. Meanwhile in the AFL the club and supporters have been whining and complaining about so called disadvantages for years.
Go figure!
I don't have a problem with Port having a reserves team but don't disrespect the history of the Magpies or their supporters by calling them the Magpies, they're not. If they, along with Adelaide want reserves teams, want to break the SANFL salary cap and want all the other leg ups they have over the traditional clubs then that's fine but you don't play finals.
No finals, no Magarey.

They are the Magpies champ read above. Deal with it.

Honestly to the people who do not recognise the One club and out of spite will not support the Power but still support the Magpies. Well bad luck! you don't want to support a team that has grown so big it needs to be apart of the national comp? Deal with it and go and pretend the SANFL is the best league in Australia.

If you can't be proud and happy that your club has moved up the ranks to the best competition in Australia well then your not a true Port Adelaide supporter. You want to talk about delusional? Well those people who don't see the Port Adelaide Football club as One club with two teams are absolute morons.

I have no problem 'champ' with them being 'One Club' but don't pretend that they're still the Magpies, have the courage to call them what they are, a Power reserves team invited to play in the SANFL, show some respect to the Magpie faithful and be honest about it without hiding behind mistruths.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 13
They are the Magpies champ read above. Deal with it.

Honestly to the people who do not recognise the One club and out of spite will not support the Power but still support the Magpies. Well bad luck! you don't want to support a team that has grown so big it needs to be apart of the national comp? Deal with it and go and pretend the SANFL is the best league in Australia.

If you can't be proud and happy that your club has moved up the ranks to the best competition in Australia well then your not a true Port Adelaide supporter. You want to talk about delusional? Well those people who don't see the Port Adelaide Football club as One club with two teams are absolute morons.

Hahahah

We all know that the Magpies have moved on to become that succesful Port Power Franchise, that always make a loss and will qualify for the equalisation offered by the AFL clubs because they are known as one of those battling / struggling clubs. But enough of them, good luck to them I dont go to the AFL

They have asked to put there reserves team in a comp in doing so have handed back their SANFL agreeemnt and ultimatly the Port Adelaide Magpies as we knew it.

They decided they would rather have an AFL reserves team in the SANFL competition then entered into an agreement saying they would be playing the line. Then the coach of this Port Power reserves team declares the team is their and its priority is to Develop players to enable the A's to win the AFL premiership, far from playing the line.

How has the Port Power rewarded its members who couldnt give a toss about the power they are die hard SANFL supporters. As much as we hated the Magpies they did hold some respect, you cant hold respect for an AFL reserves team that is not playing under the same ideals as the rest of the competition. 8 SANFL clubs fans are disadvantaged a little by the integrity of the competition but those SANFL Magpie supporters are the biggst losers that couldnt care about the AFL

I suppose your comment will be "thats Progress"

Last edited:
While I do disagree with both of your points I do see where you are coming from. Looking at the teams you follow...

Adelaide Crows: The only relevant thing the Crows have done recently is got caught cheating last year.
Sturt: No matter what they take they still can't play football.
Glenelg: Enough said.

If I supported those clubs I would live in the past as well.

Last edited:
While I do disagree with both of your points I do see where you are coming from. Looking at the teams you follow...

Adelaide Crows: The only relevant thing the Crows have done recently is got caught cheating last year.
Sturt: No matter what they take they still can't play football.
Glenelg: Enough said.

If I supported those clubs I would live in the past as well.

Yeah lets not worry about The SANFL competition, having two teams playing in the competition with totally different reasons for being in it than the other 8 clubs means nothing, come on thats what this whole debate is about.

Seriously what has possesed these teams to want to destroy a competition that thousands enjoy and support for their own selfish reasons?

"Sturt: No matter what they take they still can't play football."
Care to explain?
Sitting second on the ladder with no AFL players on our list. Played in a GF in 09, flag 02 and numerous finals and prelims in between.....and no handouts from the SANFL.
Meanwhile Magpies have done * all in over 20 years apart from losing to Sturt and South in two finals.
Who can't play football?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you won a grand final 12 years ago? Well done legend.

At least my club is still part of the SANFL as a true SANFL club. Sorry thats right you would rather be in the AFL as you have bigger and better things to worry about, but for some unknown reason you want to try and hang onto your SANFL heritage. Can I tell you its what they call small mans syndrome. The PAFC are a big fish in the SANFL put them in the AFL and they are a tadpole. Even your greatest opposition make you look ilke their poor cousin, bet that hurts a bit!!!! Coming from someone who cares nothing for the Crows, its just a fact!!!

What was your point again? You won an SANFL premiership 12 years ago? Um ok if we want to go into the past... We won an AFL premiership 10 years ago. Also grassroots talking about the other SA AFL team they won an AFL premiership 16 years ago. Not that flash from our rich cousin.

KT working some of his legendary spin:

The Maggies
And while we’re talking footy for a moment, I noticed the legendary Buddha Hocking up to his old tricks earlier this week.
Hot on the heels of a spirited win against our very worthy old foe Norwood, our SANFL senior coach was doing his level best to hose down premiership expectations for the Magpies.
I quietly suggested to him that whilst inferring that the Magpies were only there to support the AFL program was a novel idea, sitting on top of the table a win and ample percentage clear of the next team with one game remaining probably didn’t help his argument!
Better to just fess up to the fact that we are, as always, pretty keen to keep winning – the old Port Adelaide way!
The idea of the Magpies back in the finals for the first time since 2008 is more than just mildly exciting for our supporters - we’re actually jumping out of our skin to get into some fair dinkum September action!
Needless to say Garry is relieved that he has been given permission to dream…just a little!

What was your point again? You won an SANFL premiership 12 years ago? Um ok if we want to go into the past... We won an AFL premiership 10 years ago. Also grassroots talking about the other SA AFL team they won an AFL premiership 16 years ago. Not that flash from our rich cousin.

I actually didnt mention the word premiership in any of my comments. My discussion is how the SANFL is stuffed by both the crows and Port power reserves teams. I am not going to argue the premiership point after all your list has 21 AFL full time proffesional players actually qualified to compete against amatuer teams. If the premioership is won by Port Power Reseerves most would say how the hell couldnt they win it. I suppose the only reason for that would be Garry Hocking couldnt give a toss about the SANFL as he has declared "HIS PRIORITY". As for the poor cousin remark it was a bit below the belt but its what the bloody whole of Australia thinks. Sorry dont care about it just, stating the facts!!!

KT working some of his legendary spin:

The Maggies
And while we’re talking footy for a moment, I noticed the legendary Buddha Hocking up to his old tricks earlier this week.
Hot on the heels of a spirited win against our very worthy old foe Norwood, our SANFL senior coach was doing his level best to hose down premiership expectations for the Magpies.
I quietly suggested to him that whilst inferring that the Magpies were only there to support the AFL program was a novel idea, sitting on top of the table a win and ample percentage clear of the next team with one game remaining probably didn’t help his argument!
Better to just fess up to the fact that we are, as always, pretty keen to keep winning – the old Port Adelaide way!
The idea of the Magpies back in the finals for the first time since 2008 is more than just mildly exciting for our supporters - we’re actually jumping out of our skin to get into some fair dinkum September action!
Needless to say Garry is relieved that he has been given permission to dream…just a little!

Where was this written????

"Sturt: No matter what they take they still can't play football."
Come on champ, validate your comments. I've given you two opportunities now and you've shied away both times only to sprout crap.

12 years ago you won a premiership. I addressed that. Can you read? You were so quick to ask for a reply but you failed to read. Grassrootsfooty at least reads my posts. Maybe go back to the Crows board and rip into some of your own players or whatever it is you guys do there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back