What will happen with the two plastic franchises?

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
Well after reading Ben Hooks article yesterday, it appears the drums are beating louder with the 8 SANFL directors having a closed meeting and not inviting Olsen to the meeting so they can discuss how the Crows and Port Power will operate in the SANFL next year. I would say we will now sooner than later but you would think they will wait until the season ends to advise of the new rules and regulations.

Gee to have a meeting excluding Olsen, probably indicates a fair bit of which way there are thinking. Apprently its the first time the directors have met without inviting the commision along. Makes for interesting times!!!!!

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
Had a quick look around the country

West Coast Top
Sydney Swans Top
Port Power Top

Well done Port Melbourne for holding out Western Bulldogs

Seems to be a clear pattern that every league in Australia
The Commission only existed while the SANFL owned the licenses. As Rucci has pointed out in various articles, if the clubs run the League, then do we really still need a SA Football Commission?

So are you saying there is no longer a sanfl Commision?

Last edited:

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
When they already have 20 West Coast players that qualify for finals I think only the most deluded would not deem them a West Coast team.....or those that refuse to face their own stark reality.

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
Umm no I didn't say that at all.

I don't know what Fantasy world you're from, but West Coast ain't top.

I highlighted your txt for easy viewing "The commission only existed when the SANFL owned the licences"

Again for easy reading will attach the following about East Perth / West Coast eagles how they are the Eagles in the WAFL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Perth_Football_Club

So why dont you think the commision exists anymore??

And thoughts on the strenght of the afl reserves in every league they compete in Australia????

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
I don't think the Commission doesn't exist, that isn't what I implied or said - as usual you've misinterpreted what I posted.

I never said the Commission doesn't exist. I am questioning why SAFC still exists when it was only created to manage (or rather mis-manage) the AFL licenses.

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
And the strength of the Reserves, especially in the VFL and NEAFL which are much larger Leagues, is more inconsistant.

On one hand, one could think the performances reflect their AFL teams but it's evident that this isn't always the case.

East Perth may be on top, but West Coast aren't all that crash hot. Geelong and Hawthorn have been Strong AFL sides for a good few years now but Box Hill and Geelong in the VFL aren't always top either. Brisbane perform well in the NEAFL but take a look a their AFL side.

I support a national Reserves comp; however a number of teams currently don't have enough $$ to find two teams travelling interstate/intrastate

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
And the strength of the Reserves, especially in the VFL and NEAFL which are much larger Leagues, is more inconsistant.

On one hand, one could think the performances reflect their AFL teams but it's evident that this isn't always the case.

East Perth may be on top, but West Coast aren't all that crash hot. Geelong and Hawthorn have been Strong AFL sides for a good few years now but Box Hill and Geelong in the VFL aren't always top either. Brisbane perform well in the NEAFL but take a look a their AFL side.

I support a national Reserves comp; however a number of teams currently don't have enough $$ to find two teams travelling interstate/intrastate

I agree no need for an SANFL commission let the clubs run it after all it is their comp

As for $$$ how the hell does the NEAFL operate with a teams from QLD,ACT,NSW and NT on a budget which would be so far less than SA,VIC,WA?

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
two teams travelling interstate/intrastate[/QUOTE]
Cheaper flights. Cheaper to fly from QLD-NT or QLD-NSW than WA-QLD (for example).

The NEAFL wouldn't even be anywhere near the $$ of the other leagues for that sake of a couple hundred bucks on an air fair, makes you wonder why the AFL are funding this but not a true AFL reserves comp?

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Yep, like in QLD some traditional ACT clubs have been given the ar$e from the NEAFL. Tuggeranong being one.
Some interesting reading concerning the views of some of the clubs in QLD.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Of course they can, they're not interested in equality or integrity only the bottom line of the 18 franchises.

Last edited:

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
Actually laughed my **** off this morning

Budha has declaed he made a mistake, WTF did kockie give him a spray? He doesnt seriously believe that anyone believed he was just messing around when he said about his priorities. Budha usually calls a spade a spade and says it how it is but since the Company, has told him to tow the company line he has been made to come up and apologise for his view as it upset too many people.

I think the damage is done!!!!

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I totally agree with Budda, priority = Powers AFL premiership tilt, second to the Magpies Premiership tilt.
If we can win a SANFL premiership while supporting the Power the best we can its just icing on the cake.

Where is this damaging? Hows this new

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
I totally agree with Budda, priority = Powers AFL premiership tilt, second to the Magpies Premiership tilt.
If we can win a SANFL premiership while supporting the Power the best we can its just icing on the cake.

Fair enough some could say by trying to win the AFL premiership it will make for a strong SANFL team. Some may say by playing players out of position to deveop them or resting players , maybe playing them for a half so they can get match practise for the big league will not mean you are trying to win a game as your priority.

If the second circumstance is accurate then you arent "playing the line" a condition set on allowing you to play in the SANFL.

It would be fair to say that if you are developing players or wanting the AFL to suceed firs,t this second way is to implemented and by Budha expressing publicly that this is his priority, its hard to argue against an SANFL looking at reviewing the SANFL and your conditions on an annual basis under the terms of entry.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club

Bitter icing at that.

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
Hahah!!

At first SANFL clubs were concerned the two teams would be too strong, now not happy that we arent playing the line? Which is it one way or the other??

But in saying all this another premiership banner inside the club rooms will look nice

Dont talk about changing the goal posts I find it amazing your one club propsal even talks about the advantage that could be given to AFL in the SANFL but now you will forget that was said, have a read

I dont want them in full stop, as I have been told on numerous occasions it was voted in by my team then play to the terms it was voted in on.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2010-10-26/one-club-questions-answered

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
Well if Port need a SANFL salary cap 13 times that of a traditional club to be competitive and have a crack at their first SANFL flag and you convince yourself it's a huge achievement then good for you.

grassrootsfooty

All Australian
Apr 8, 2014
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg
Playing by the same rules as the Crows have and they havent done so well this year, so whats the difference?

You did read this

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2010-10-26/one-club-questions-answered

It mentioned will the power or Magpies gain any football advantage and goes on to refer to the salary cap and how the magpies will be treated the same as all SANFL clubs, before this half arsed SANFL propsal was put together.

Your own club understands the benfits of Salary cap why cant you?

Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Have Glenelg received their Wooden Spoon in the mail yet?

I'm with GrassRoots here, for a change. Buddha should've of kept his trap shut. On the other hand, do they want the Magpies and Crows to play the line and actually try, or do they just want to drag them down to Glenelg's level?

Back