RDFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruckmen have fared OK in the Bowen Medal and Lee James won a league B&F.

The last defender to win a Bowen might have been Mark Strack, but he wasn't your ordinary fullback.

Best of luck to both teams for today's big dance, weather is proving a treat for what will be an absolute cracker, and to both Deano and Simsy congrats to getting your chargers to last game of the year, a fantastic effort all the best.

Congrats to Romsey, premiers and champions. Huge crowd at Romsey Park to see the Redbacks beat Diggers Rest by 18 points.

Bxec-7kCEAA6w-E.jpg

Congratulations to Deano and the Redbacks on an outstanding season capped off with today's win, best team all year and deserved winners, commiserations to Shaun and the Burras, also congrats to the Kangas on the twos flag, what a finals series they had.

Great day at Romsey Park, huge crowd and some cracking games..

Congratulations to Deano and the Redbacks on an outstanding season capped off with today's win, best team all year and deserved winners, commiserations to Shaun and the Burras, also congrats to the Kangas on the twos flag, what a finals series they had.

Surely the grand final venue debate can be put to bed for a while, Romsey FC hats off to ya's both onfield and off today .... sensational.

Congrats also to the Kangas and Rupo on their respective victories too. Seems I was a minority in being a non Romsey person cheering for a Redback victory today in the main game .... guess I'm all for Karma and that kind of jazz.

I just hope Shaun gets another chance to try and go one better (unlike the bloke before him) as that list is one anyone would love to be involved with.

Premiership Coach is a deserved title for Deano and his list has been been stellar from go to whoa all season ..... cherish it lads!!!

Would I be close in saying first time since when (maybe Kilmore 2001) that a side has done Premiers & Champions?

Good day at romsey yesterday . Me being a lancefield man I think romsey is the best venue for it. As of romsey keeping the same list I've heard a few rival clubs are circling .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Deano and Redbacks.Great venue very good crowd well umpired and good weather.Game itself was atleast interesting and close for longer than many thought.Tessari seemed to have his own footy at times and I could not believe he was allowed to dictate the game from go to whoa.The contest between Davo and Lefty was a ripper and even though Davo didnt hurt much on the scoreboard he still worked hard and presented upfield and I reckon they broke about even.Anyways the Redbacks have raised the bar so lets hope a few other clubs can do so next year.

The footy gods and all the stars, all 22 of them aligned for the Redbacks this year. We started the season off with a new motto "One Club One Dream Redbacks 2014" and everyone bought into what we wanted to achieve. This win will make an already strong and united club culture even stronger. Very proud of anyone and everyone who was a part of our season on and off the field. Go Redbacks 2015!

Big Congrats to Deano and the Romsey boys on a brilliant season. Bad Luck to the Burras who miss out yet again. Congrats to the Sunbury Two's on their win. Certainly hit form at the right time of year. And well done to the Rupo U18s on an emphatic victory, making up for last years disappointment. I would be hard pressed to find a bigger winning margin in any GF at any level ever. It was a comprehensive victory to say the least.

And it seems the silly season is well and truly under way now... Anyone from Woodend want to comment on the apparent almost appointment of their new playing coach. Former Sunbury Lions and more recently Douttas Stars player. Will be great for the Hawks if they can get him over the line :thumbsu:

Agreed -hats off again to the RDFL for a great promotion of local football/netball on the final day of competition, even down to the comprehensive and professionally presented Record. The metro league I am involved in could take a few pointers (although Preston Market doesn't quite have the same outlook or allure as the greenfields of Romsey !)

The tale of the Redbacks’ premiership pact - http://bit.ly/1m54tjo

Only a few would have seen it, but it was fairly moving in the moments after a grand final win.
To go through undefeated is a mighty effort, to do what the boys did at a time of elation & celebration, was pure CLASS, well done to The entire RFNC!!

Ayden Tessari...followed by Travis Mills. Great game bw 2 great clubs. Crowd was huge and we'll behaved and the day was ran perfectly by Romsey. Even the great 'Keston' ventured over near the rooms to get a taste of success!!!
Have not seen him on big footy for a few weeks , something to do with a ban off the broadford footy club I believe ???
The rdfl would have been happy with the day no doubt !!!!

Righto boys where are we at with everything - B&F voting, coaches for 2015? It was posted a few weeks ago the list of club coaches, any changes now confirmed?

What took them so long to ban him?
Lol had a break out of respect of certain people till finals over
Well done Deano and dean you guys made a large commitment and the results are deserved well done to the players on the day in all sides and also to the romsey FNC on a enjoyable day atmosphere was great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back