Season 2014

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
There's a Grand Final this week and not one post about it. Is that a reflection of where the interest in the league is at the moment.

Jan 7, 2014
Albury to win by 62 points in the seniors, with Joel Mackie to win the did Simpson.

Albury to win the twos by 33 over Wang.

Lavy to come from fifth to win a cracker of a thirds season by 11 points.

Hope its a great day for all those that go...

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have heard that Albury are likely to sign 2 onballers from GWS very soon as well as some other top end talent. If you are currently in the 2nds or 3rds I wouldn't be expecting to get promoted anytime soon.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have heard that Albury are likely to sign 2 onballers from GWS very soon as well as some other top end talent. If you are currently in the 2nds or 3rds I wouldn't be expecting to get promoted anytime soon.

I heard that Albury have asked the AFL if they can participate in the upcoming Free Agency/Trade Week

navyblueman

All Australian
Dec 9, 2009
North east
AFL Club
GWS
I heard from a player in Melbourne who has been trying to recruit rose to his club, that rose stated to him that he would be playing in the ovens and murray again next season but not for the raiders.....

Jun 29, 2008
The Big Smoke
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I heard from a player in Melbourne who has been trying to recruit rose to his club, that rose stated to him that he would be playing in the ovens and murray again next season but not for the raiders.....

Also have this on good authority. And Albury is correct. Not sure about Galea but gee that would be a massive get if both came along for the trip or the move up here which I heard Rose was keen on moving up this way when he was at the Raiders.
Who will be the team to throw some coin this year if any?
Any other rumours on the lower rung clubs and recruits?
Let the silly season begin.

Mufhasa

Debutant
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Also have this on good authority. And Albury is correct. Not sure about Galea but gee that would be a massive get if both came along for the trip or the move up here which I heard Rose was keen on moving up this way when he was at the Raiders.

I'm hearing that Corowa Rutherglen will be picking up a few ex players in Lee Schmidt and Sam Carpenter coming back from the rovers, also hearing Grant Weeks may also be pulling on a roo's jumper next year

Mufhasa

Debutant
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'm hearing that Corowa Rutherglen will be picking up a few ex players in Lee Schmidt and Sam Carpenter coming back from the rovers, also hearing Grant Weeks may also be pulling on a roo's jumper next year

bigkev86

All Australian
Dec 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide

So Albury again in 2015

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How are Albury going to fit all these forwards in?

Interesting to hear the Grant Weeks thing as there are plenty in Bendigo talking about him returning to golden square
Weekes has a farm to run,,,,, cant see him going to Cor/Ruth......to much travel especially when hes committed to working the farm.

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How are Albury going to fit all these forwards in?

Interesting to hear the Grant Weeks thing as there are plenty in Bendigo talking about him returning to golden square
they'll just keep moving them around, daly for instance was a lively small forward, but moved into defence when there was no spots up forward. lucky for albury they don't need the cash from gate takings, because from what i can tell they don't get many at their games, too much of a snooze fest

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
they'll just keep moving them around, daly for instance was a lively small forward, but moved into defence when there was no spots up forward. lucky for albury they don't need the cash from gate takings, because from what i can tell they don't get many at their games, too much of a snooze fest

You are 100% right. Even the crowd at the Grand Final seemed next to silent when Albury kicked a goal or were in a good passage of play. Give me a good Hume League or Tallangatta League game over an Albury game any day.

Frank Lazalenis

Debutant
May 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any idea who the two from GWS would be? I've heard the paddy rose one for awhile. Seriously how n is anyone meant to compete. It's quiet sad how bad it is getting at the sports ground. If you play in there thirds like you said I'd be getting out. What hope have they got of learning and playing a higher level.

Back