Membership 2015 - How Melbourne are you? - now over 35k

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 'why should I give my money to this lousy club'.

In light of membership sales opening next Monday September 8th I thought I'd ask a few questions.

I usually just buy the general admission Red and Blue membership every year, but I'm thinking of upgrading this time around. What do other people usually go with? Are the benefits (room access, functions, etc) of the Trident/Legends/Redlegs membership worthwhile?

Also, are you able to enter through the standard GA gates if you have a reserved ticket membership?

2010 - The Fire Has Started - [33,358]

2011 - Let Your Demon Out - [36,937]

2012 - Generation D - [35,345]

2013 - First & Forever - [33,177]

2014 - My Heart Beats True - [35,911]

Disabled my auto-renew, but will sign up before the season starts as usual. Kinda sad that I raged so hard at us in 2011 and didn't buy a membership, otherwise I'd be up for 15 consecutive years next year :(

inb4 'why should I give my money to this lousy club'.

In light of membership sales opening next Monday September 8th I thought I'd ask a few questions.

I usually just buy the general admission Red and Blue membership every year, but I'm thinking of upgrading this time around. What do other people usually go with? Are the benefits (room access, functions, etc) of the Trident/Legends/Redlegs membership worthwhile?

Also, are you able to enter through the standard GA gates if you have a reserved ticket membership?

I just moved down for Melbourne for work, asnd as a long time Dees supporter living in Sydney, I decided to go all in with a Redlegs membership Home and Away.

I moved down in time for the match against Geelong which was Interstate members day, and got a reserved seat in the Redlegs area for that match. I liked sitting there, and there were 2 bars handy, so I thought it was a pretty good spot to watch the footy.

I've heard Tridents / Legends is the best for viewing, but I was happy for the trade off in cost to get GA admission to away matches in Melbourne too.

So that was my justification for going for Redlegs, I could probably give better advice after next season though! Happy to receive any advice or feedback too.

I just moved down for Melbourne for work, asnd as a long time Dees supporter living in Sydney, I decided to go all in with a Redlegs membership Home and Away.

I moved down in time for the match against Geelong which was Interstate members day, and got a reserved seat in the Redlegs area for that match. I liked sitting there, and there were 2 bars handy, so I thought it was a pretty good spot to watch the footy.

I've heard Tridents / Legends is the best for viewing, but I was happy for the trade off in cost to get GA admission to away matches in Melbourne too.

So that was my justification for going for Redlegs, I could probably give better advice after next season though! Happy to receive any advice or feedback too.
I've been a premium reforge member for about 8 years now, but am considering changing to a trident/legends membership next year because of the viewing (no sun in your face).

zzz apparently with the auto renew you have to return registered mail to them confirming you don't want it to renew on a certain date (As a student some weeks I can't afford $150 randomly leaving my bank account), they should just be able to turn it off...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been a premium reforge member for about 8 years now, but am considering changing to a trident/legends membership next year because of the viewing (no sun in your face).

Yeah, the sun had been something I was a bit concerned about. Guess I'll just have to buy a new Dees hat and some sunscreen!

What's the atmosphere in the Redlegs area like? The Geelong match was pretty quiet given our (especially low) prospects of victory and poor weather. Do people get into the game, or is it reasonably tame?

Yeah, the sun had been something I was a bit concerned about. Guess I'll just have to buy a new Dees hat and some sunscreen!

What's the atmosphere in the Redlegs area like? The Geelong match was pretty quiet given our (especially low) prospects of victory and poor weather. Do people get into the game, or is it reasonably tame?
the people definitely get into the game. Plus I like the Hassett rooms for a few beers before and after the game

Redlegs area is good value for money to be honest... Sun isn't to bad of an issue, and sometimes its a good thing because you have your face in your hands anyway... haha But seriously the bar and the player and guest involvement in the Hassett room before the game and at half time is quality...
Certainly a good atmosphere amongst the supporters and no shortage of passion, hopefully I'll get to more than a couple of games for next year and make the most of it...

Im going back overseas so Im still keeping my powder dry on whether to buy a full one to support the club or get an International

I might let them know if they Swap labamabajbfaskjn for Clark then im only getting the international

That should sway Roosy

Upgrade done. Trident (home only since I'm an AFL Member). Seat in the Olympic Stand. Again very easy over the phone, although they did take a while to answer...

This club's headed in the right direction people. Roosy, Goodwin, Jackson. These are good football people. Get behind them.

Upgrade done. Trident (home only since I'm an AFL Member). Seat in the Olympic Stand. Again very easy over the phone, although they did take a while to answer...

This club's headed in the right direction people. Roosy, Goodwin, Jackson. These are good football people. Get behind them.

gU3sItu.jpg

"You truly are the King of Kings!"

I need a bit more time to forget another dismal year. Usually by the time the footy is about to start again I forget all the crap of last year and I think about going to games and membership again. Not yet though. Plenty of time to get fired up again.

How much did it set you back? Thinking about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back