Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Also in regards to Josh Kennedy, at the time he wasn't worth anything he was almost an afterthought. West Coast wanted pick 1,3 and 20(not sure on this pick) but instead they got 3, 20 and JK.

You're not going to get what you want, as soon as the player 'activates' the go home factor you're always going to be scrambling. The actual value of Beams you just won't get, that's the reality and you're borderline disrespectful of the rest of the competition if you think your club is any different.

Goes without saying Collingwood would most certainly not be used to situations like this, despite interstate clubs coping this almost constantly. So while you're correct in saying the likes of Polec or Yeo have little trade value, Brisbane still didn't recieve actual worth/desired worth. Collingwood will be the same and won't recieve what they want for Beams and unfortunately are obliged to accept the wishes of the player.

You can't compare known quantity (gun) to unknown (Polec at that stage)

Judd = 3,4,20
Beams=???
Burgoyne=9,16
Seems like 5,7 would be roughly in-between these deals, as I said.
Maybe Brisbane should take into account the circumstances as well before trying to ream us at the trade table, rather than it being a one-way street.

So Beams is Judd like now?

Lol

Beams ain't Judd. You really need to accept that. I agree Burgoyne is a closer template, but pick 9 is hardly pick 4... pick 4 is a big jump in value. The circumstances aren't great for you in the sense Beams has true compassionate grounds to get home.

Some pies supporters are brushing off pick 4 as if it should be the steak knives... it is worth more than you guys are willing to accept it is. Beams is not a Judd trade scenario which is what two top 10 draft picks is very close to.

You can't seem to grasp the concept that he is contracted.

You are brushing off the value of Dayne Beams, rather than us pick 4.

As I said Judd was also eligible to go straight to the PSD under the old format where Carlton had pick 1!

Pick 4 and chump change won't land Beams.

Instead of trying to weasel a "compassionate grounds" stance pay what he is actually worth rather than fleecing us.

And pies big footy fans can't grasp the concept his dad is dying and footy doesn't mean anything compared to family. If you don't let him go Beams should just take a year off not play then walk... even worse if he does play because he's a moral person then his dad dies Collingwood will be torn to shreds in the media and by the other clubs

As I said Judd was also eligible to go straight to the PSD under the old format where Carlton had pick 1!

Instead of trying to weasel a "compassionate grounds" stance pay what he is actually worth rather than fleecing us.

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. He wants to leave. We didn't knock on your front door asking for him. He wants to come back to Queensland, so that automatically puts the club in question at a distinct advantage.

Pick 4 is a pretty strong starting point considering the circumstances, and anything more than that is because we're being nice.

And pies big footy fans can't grasp the concept his dad is dying and footy doesn't mean anything compared to family. If you don't let him go Beams should just take a year off not play then walk... even worse if he does play because he's a moral person then his dad dies Collingwood will be torn to shreds in the media and by the other clubs

We are compassionate, hence why we will grant his wish if a suitable deal can be done.

You all take the high and moral ground of humanity, yet you fail to realise this is a business. A competition first and foremost.

You are delusional if you think he will sit out a year. He has no bad blood with the club.

So what is going to happen year in year out? Any player that comes out and says I want to go home for personal or family reasons are clubs just going to accept anything for them and let them go?

Please, let's get real here.

Beams is asking for a compassionate trade. Clearly in your eyes the only compassionate thing you need to do is sit on your hands and accept an overs trade. Poor form.

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. He wants to leave. We didn't knock on your front door asking for him. He wants to come back to Queensland, so that automatically puts the club in question at a distinct advantage.

Pick 4 is a pretty strong starting point considering the circumstances, and anything more than that is because we're being nice.

I think the gravity of the situation is understood.

He wants to go home for family reasons of which are known. We respect that.

However he is contracted.

We don't have to trade him for the sake of it, especially as he is on good terms with all at the club.

The club in distinct advantage is Collingwood who don't have to do anything. That's the reality.

You can't compare trades now to trade pre free agency.

You can potentially get players for nothing now and your best players can walk and you get bugger all.

So the Pies only have a trade hold on Beams for 2 more years. So your really trading 2 years of Beams service.

Beams is asking for a compassionate trade. Clearly in your eyes the only compassionate thing you need to do is sit on your hands and accept an overs trade. Poor form.

Sounds like you are trying to buy compassionately- which won't happen.

We don't want overs we want fair compo.

Pick 4 and young player like Aish is very fair for a 24 yr old elite player who is again is contracted.

Sounds like you are trying to buy compassionately- which won't happen.

We don't want overs we want fair compo.

Pick 4 and young player like Aish is very fair for a 24 yr old elite player who is again is contracted.
Not when comparing other trades. (Burgoyne and Judd). Are you really trying to say he is worth a Judd minus a second rd pick?

Contracted only means you can disgruntle the player by not getting a trade done and forcing him to stay. As I said there is nothing compassionate about demanding overs (or face value in your opinion) from Collingwood's side - Beams's manager will be all over this, if you guys are dicks Beams will know about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the gravity of the situation is understood.

He wants to go home for family reasons of which are known. We respect that.

However he is contracted.

We don't have to trade him for the sake of it, especially as he is on good terms with all at the club.

The club in distinct advantage is Collingwood who don't have to do anything. That's the reality.

Don't do anything, and you'll come off as the biggest douchebags in the AFL not allowing a player to be home with his sick father.

Pick 1 to Collingwood
Pick 4, 8, 22 to saints
Beams to Lions.

Saints would have 4 inside top 22 or thereabouts, Is that what they wanted?

Sad to see Coll supporters trying to take advantage of Beams wanting to leave. Pick 4 is more than fair.
An unknown quantity is not worth a 24yo best and fairest All Australian top 10-20 player in the comp.

For every Bpntempelli there's three Hoskin-Elliott/Toumpas/Gaff

You can look at it both ways in terms of who is being taking advantage of

I think Beams is being over sold here, he's worth pick 4 and a player and that's it. Now 4 is a given, who do Brisbane throw up as the player? The Pies will want a young gun in return, no older than 22 who already has 50 games up. The Pies hold all the 'Aces' as he is a contracted player and with the Ryder deal on the table as well i just don't see Brisbane making the deal? Gold Coast must be interested, but what about their cap? Beams won't come cheap. If the Pies got pick 4 and a good young player they should be satisfied with that, they will be team building for the next three years anyway. I just don't think Brisbane can land the double of both Ryder and Beams, Paddy might miss the Lions boat here and head elsewhere. If i were Brisbane I would take Beams anyday.

Richmond had pick 1 in the 2007 PSD. Calrton had pick 1 in the national draft because it was a priority pick.

As much as Collingwood and their supporters demand fair to overs in terms of compensation (which is their right) and bang on about contracts and what not, at the end of the day, Beams is basically demanding a trade to Brisbane on compassionate grounds. There is no way, absolutely no way he plays at Collingwood next year.

Brisbane are holding the aces here and the deal will be reasonable, however slightly favoring Brisbane. Pick 4 and player ranked outside the top 10 by the Lions will get it done.

I am glad there are more sensible people at AFL club level than 95% of those here on BigFooty.

Put simply Beams is contracted but a well respected clubman who is going through a tough time with his old man. Collingwood will ensure he makes it to QLD to be with his father but given his contract status they will hold out to ensure the best deal possible.

Brisbane certainly do not hold all of the aces as some of their fans would believe but they are at a distinct advantage to the other 16 clubs who may be interested in his services.

I am glad there are more sensible people at AFL club level than 95% of those here on BigFooty.

Put simply Beams is contracted but a well respected clubman who is going through a tough time with his old man. Collingwood will ensure he makes it to QLD to be with his father but given his contract status they will hold out to ensure the best deal possible.

Brisbane certainly do not hold all of the aces as some of their fans would believe but they are at a distinct advantage to the other 16 clubs who may be interested in his services.
Contradictory...Brisbane could offer pick 4 and that's all. Pies have to take it.

He wishes to return to qld, and that will happen. Collingwood will trade him to whoever offers the best value, be that brisbane or gold coast. Wheres the conjecture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back