Mod. Notice All Player Watch threads & Past Player archive

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see other clubs are getting on board with the way our very own Club board is run.

The key to a well run board (as I was apart of the transition to player threads) is to continually update player thread names with relevant information. A talking point if you like, if it is an injury, date it to. No use having Mullet injured and it be 3 months out of date.

Good luck with it guys

Good to see other clubs are getting on board with the way our very own Club board is run.

The key to a well run board (as I was apart of the transition to player threads) is to continually update player thread names with relevant information. A talking point if you like, if it is an injury, date it to. No use having Mullet injured and it be 3 months out of date.

Good luck with it guys
Nah it ain't good to see. :stern look

I'm a bit slow. Everything is awesome, mods, but why is this better than having the player threads separate as they were, and merging new threads into those?
Posters will always start new threads relating to players as opposed to attempting to find a player thread and bumping it. That's the reality.

Specific issues like say Basti being a sub, Harvey being a sub, Lachie's best use, trading Goldy etc etc are just that, specific topics. To then merge such threads into mega threads is a nonsense. Not only does it create work for the mods but destroys the flow of the original thread.

Mods, you know I make sense. :stern look

The Essendon board is IMO one of the best club boards on the website.

What happens when you merge threads together is the best posters stand out, and those who start ill considered rants for every thought bubble disappear.

It's great to see we've made some changes.

The Essendon board is IMO one of the best club boards on the website.

What happens when you merge threads together is the best posters stand out, and those who start ill considered rants for every thought bubble disappear.

It's great to see we've made some changes.
LOL. Yeah you hate it when posters start what YOU consider to be ill considered rants. This forum is for ALL of us. Not just for what you consider to be the BEST posters. It's about time that you embrace the diversity that this forum has to offer. You know I make sense. :stern look

LOL. Yeah you hate it when posters start what YOU consider to be ill considered rants. This forum is for ALL of us. Not just for what you consider to be the BEST posters. It's about time that you embrace the diversity that this forum has to offer. You know I make sense. :stern look
Herp derp.

I didn't say the posters I don't like should be banned. I just said they seem to evaporate when the board is managed this way. They are still there but not as visible.

Herp derp.

I didn't say the posters I don't like should be banned. I just said they seem to evaporate when the board is managed this way. They are still there but not as visible.
Herp derp.

I didn't say that you wanted the posters you didn't like to be banned. I just said that you would prefer that this forum be manipulated so that the posters that you don't like are not that visible to you. :stern look

Herp derp.

I didn't say that you wanted the posters you didn't like to be banned. I just said that you would prefer that this forum be manipulated so that the posters that you don't like are not that visible to you. :stern look
Yeah? Well why wouldn't I like that?

You might find the same thing happens for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah? Well why wouldn't I like that?

You might find the same thing happens for you.
What's that yah say? Yah admit that you would prefer that this forum be manipulated so that the posters that you don't like are not that visible to you? This is what you are encouraging Mods. Elitist Nonsense. What about the common folk? :stern look

Give it a rest.

This move is designed to unclutter the board from multiple roast / toast threads after Player X puts in a shocker/kicks the winning goal/gets a tattoo, shits a little bit when he farts or plays rock paper scissors. It is not designed to remove opinions or posters from the board. It effects all posters equally in terms of ability to get their opinion across given all posts regarding individual players, positive or negative, will be in the one thread.

Not everyone will like it, but feedback from fellow posters indicated that such an approach would be a good idea, hence the move.

Give it a rest.

This move is designed to unclutter the board from multiple roast / toast threads after Player X puts in a shocker/kicks the winning goal/gets a tattoo, shits a little bit when he farts or plays rock paper scissors. It is not designed to remove opinions or posters from the board. It effects all posters equally in terms of ability to get their opinion across given all posts regarding individual players, positive or negative, will be in the one thread.

Not everyone will like it, but feedback from fellow posters indicated that such an approach would be a good idea, hence the move.
No. The move is designed to gag those who you consider to be cluttering the board with threads that you don't want to read or Mod. It is only the highbrow types that want this introduced. The common man like my good self is outraged at such censorship. :stern look

No. The move is designed to gag those who you consider to be cluttering the board with threads that you don't want to read or Mod.
No, that is not the case. Not at all. Our mod team encourage all posters as long as they stick within the rules or don't repeatedly turn the board into a s**t fight. There is no design here other than to make the board easier to navigate. You may like 46 new threads in the space of two hours after a game but it appears that your fellow posters do not.

It is only the highbrow types that want this introduced. The common man like my good self is outraged at such censorship. :stern look

I would think that the majority of our posters represent the 'common man' and the majority of supporters who responded to our questions indicated that they like this idea. Given that all posters still maintain the same ability to post their opinions I call your censorship claim utter bullshit and in this instance I consider you the vocal minority.

Regardless, this move is going ahead. If it negatively effects the quality of the board and opinions indicate as such, we shall revisit.

No, that is not the case. Not at all. Our mod team encourage all posters as long as they stick within the rules or don't repeatedly turn the board into a s**t fight. There is no design here other than to make the board easier to navigate. You may like 46 new threads in the space of two hours after a game but it appears that your fellow posters do not.
If 46 new threads appear in the space of two hours isn't that indicative of what some of the people who post on this forum want? So yeah it is those whinging Goody 2 Shoe types who want this forum to be a highbrow, cerebral wank fest and can't handle the negativity because it makes them want to cry that want this move going ahead. :stern look

I would think that the majority of our posters represent the 'common man' and the majority of supporters who responded to our questions indicated that they like this idea. Given that all posters still maintain the same ability to post their opinions I call your censorship claim utter bullshit and in this instance I consider you the vocal minority.
Now Tron, you are smart enough to realise that the "Common Poster" wouldn't be totally aware of what is going on. Just like how the "Common Man" doesn't realise how they are being manipulated by the Upper Echelon. :stern look

Regardless, this move is going ahead. If it negatively effects the quality of the board and opinions indicate as such, we shall revisit.
With slight of your firm hand and deviancy is cleansed. :stern look

Nice insinuations there Zondor. Appreciate the feedback.

Tron, now that it is the off-season and there is no danger of multiple roast/toast/coast/shmoast threads - can we stop the merging for a while? I login for the first time in a whopping 12 hours and there are 360 more posts in that free agency/trade/draft/basically-anything-that-happens-from-now-until-March MEGA thread. And trade week hasn't even started yet.

Tron, now that it is the off-season and there is no danger of multiple roast/toast/coast/shmoast threads - can we stop the merging for a while? I login for the first time in a whopping 12 hours and there are 360 more posts in that free agency/trade/draft/basically-anything-that-happens-from-now-until-March MEGA thread. And trade week hasn't even started yet.

Believe it or not, nothing was merged into that thread in the last 24 hours. That's all new posts. That thread has gone up about 50 pages in the last 4-5 days.

Believe it or not, nothing was merged into that thread in the last 24 hours. That's all new posts. That thread has gone up about 50 pages in the last 4-5 days.
But if we didn't have this "everything into the one thread" culture, we might have a thread on Waite. A thread on Higgins. A thread on Lumumba. A thread on O'Rourke. A thread on Jones. Instead its all messed up in there together :thumbsdown:

Posters will always start new threads relating to players as opposed to attempting to find a player thread and bumping it. That's the reality.

Specific issues like say Basti being a sub, Harvey being a sub, Lachie's best use, trading Goldy etc etc are just that, specific topics. To then merge such threads into mega threads is a nonsense. Not only does it create work for the mods but destroys the flow of the original thread.

Mods, you know I make sense. :stern look
Gotta agree with Zonds of the common (tender) touch here.

If I come back to the board after a busy week, I don't want to trawl through the 60 pages that have been added to the boomer thread just because he kneed Colyer in the nads and copped 4 weeks, mixed in with all the adulation because in the same game he had 40 touches and kicked 6. Give me a thread on each thanks, and feel free to merge all the "OMG, the tribunal is slaughtering him because he played for North let's burn down AFL house" in one thread, and all the "Boomer you freaking legend, let's sign him up for 10 years" in another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back