Mod. Notice All Player Watch threads & Past Player archive

Jimms

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
there shouldn't be multiple forums for each team. should be 1 thread for each club. to reduce clutter

Apologies if this has already been asked, but what's the deal with making new Toast threads to players - is it preferred that we just bump the player thread?
If you start a new thread you will be taken out and shot.

If you start a new thread you will be taken out and shot.
Yeah Adolf is handy with a rifle. :stern look

So it is my intention in the new season to bump each player thread possible to "voice" my thoughts on how each player performed after each game. :stern look

Aug 28, 2011
Beyond Reproach
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
UAE Team Emirates
Yeah Adolf is handy with a rifle. :stern look

So it is my intention in the new season to bump each player thread possible to "voice" my thoughts on how each player performed after each game. :stern look
To clever by half, Zondor.

That's what the Review threads are for.

Aug 28, 2011
Beyond Reproach
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
UAE Team Emirates
If I want to discuss a player and how he is currently performing, isn't it permissible to do so in his designated "player" thread? :stern look
That's a great way to do it. I'm just saying you can discuss multiple players at once in the review threads. 2015 will be a great season.

That's a great way to do it. I'm just saying you can discuss multiple players at once in the review threads. 2015 will be a great season.
Beautiful. I look forward to having 20 player threads on the first page of this forum. :stern look

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Soon enough, every board will just have one ongoing megathread.

And then all the boards will just be condensed into 2 threads 'Football' and 'Non football'.

Soon enough, they will be merged into one thread called 'Everything'- the one and only thread on Big Footy.

At this point, the internet will collapse in on itself and only one unnamed poster will remain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon enough, every board will just have one ongoing megathread.

And then all the boards will just be condensed into 2 threads 'Football' and 'Non football'.

Soon enough, they will be merged into one thread called 'Everything'- the one and only thread on Big Footy.

At this point, the internet will collapse in on itself and only one unnamed poster will remain.
LOL. Some years back Devil Fish showed me his local cricket comp's forum and it was simply One Big Thread. I read a bit of it and it just chopped and changed from one subject to the next. It made no real sense. Those guys were ahead of time. :stern look

Last edited by a moderator:

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The mega thread approach to all topics is awful for mine.

I get that too many individual threads clutters the board but hopefully this approach is thrown in the bin soon.

Might as well have just one thread for the board being Nth Melb and posters can hack their way through that to find info they want to discuss. (and if they respond will likely be lost in the mess anyway)

Let me tell you something you already know. BigFooty ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It will beat you to your knees if you let it. Nobody is going to start a new thread and have it merged as much as Zondors. But it ain't about how many threads you start. It's about how many threads you can get merged and keep moving forward. That's how posting is done. :stern look

maxresdefault.jpg

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
you know when some one bumps an old thread to prove a point, then conversation descends rapidly, seemingly with no end insight. Until, that is, a mod comes and locks said problematic thread to diffuse the situation and restore order. Well, how does that happen when you quote a post from 4 years ago in a player Megathread?

Interesting no?

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
you know when some one bumps an old thread to prove a point, then conversation descends rapidly, seemingly with no end insight. Until, that is, a mod comes and locks said problematic thread to diffuse the situation and restore order. Well, how does that happen when you quote a post from 4 years ago in a player Megathread?

Interesting no?
It will get moderated accordingly.

Also, what happens when someone wants to bump the LA thread for a laugh in 2020.
I actually went to post Tom Curran's parting tweet in his thread, but it was locked :(

Back