Melbourne Legend Robert Flower passes away.

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Finey hasn't named who it is but just went off air in tears.

Anyone know who it is?

EDIT: Now confirmed that Robbie Flower has passed away after having a heart attack earlier today.

RIP Robbie, a true legend on and off the field.

Last edited:

Loyal Lion

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy/Brisbane Lions
Now I'm not one to troll or to make stuff up, but a credible person (who is also a BF member), posted on Facebook now that Robert Flower has passed away.

God I hope it's not true. And I didn't want to put that in the title to alarm anybody, especially Melbourne supporters.

He is one of the best players that I have ever seen & I just hope it is a different Robert Flower in question.

vinum coupe

Cancelled
10k Posts Ruby Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team
Someone he knew.

Can't be flower.

Klaus

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Fyney was just in tears on SEN, however he wasn't willing to say who passed away. Very sad if true.

They will, be patient champ. They are just giving it some time so family and close friends can be informed first.
But that's my point. Don't air the news until you are able to release the name.

It just leads to concern and speculation.

Klaus

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Heat
They will, be patient champ. They are just giving it some time so family and close friends can be informed first.
It's a law I believe, they can be charged if they announce who's passed away before the direct family has been informed.

I think he was more remembered for his coaching efforts at Melbourne ahead of his 82 game career at Essendon. He did win a Best and Fairest aged 21 at the bombers though, so he could've been anything.
Daniher's a Bomber make no mistake.

Only to impatient people.
If you are implying that's me, you are wrong.

I'm in no hurry to find out.

This would be really concerning news to Melbourne fans in particular and now they are just going to stew about it.

Back