NEAFL- 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

stuyd1,

Peter Yagmoor is a very good player or was when up here as a junior - Just did not get those opportunities that others may have got in his time at Collingwood. I don't think he will have any trouble at all getting into a VFL Side or even rookied to another AFL Club. Fast and Smart but unfortunately at Collingwood he was one of about 10 in the same mould.

I am rather interested in the word above about Redlands, I thought they had a good year considering given their new recruits would be taking time to adapt to a new side and their bottom end players who may have struggled a little toward the end of the season after injuries etc.

Have we got a players revolt happening here?????

Or is it just Carsey offering some of his old team mates a gig down in the cold, cold Southern regions of Victoria.

The Redland Coaching gig for 2015 will be very interesting with Penguin resigning - His shoes will be very hard to fill (no pun intended) as IMO along with King Marty, I felt they were on the cusp and about to build a red and black dynasty, that looked very formidable for some years to come, someone (The New Coach) will benefit in the moulding of the current group of players, by the retirement of Penguin, if they (the players and the Club) just hold their nerve and keep what they are doing - Moving forward each season.

Billy,
my mail is that the coach was sacked and the resignation announcement was a political move so to speak.
And apparently, a lot of unrest amongst some players .
How accurate this is ,, well may be correct, may be totally incorrect.!!!!

They never cease to amaze, the football industry... not enough money for the Suns to pay NEAFL players but they can sack the Senior Coach and pay out his contract early.When they understand this logic, they will become a good club until then... continue the struggle for Members.

They never cease to amaze, the football industry... not enough money for the Suns to pay NEAFL players but they can sack the Senior Coach and pay out his contract early.When they understand this logic, they will become a good club until then... continue the struggle for Members.

LAB,

Although I am not sad about seeing another Michael Malthouse clowne sacked from a coaching position, why is that you ask?

Because I have seen this peanut first hand turn young boys amongst their peers into blithering idiots and then move on to accomplished footballers in their own right but more importantly men amongst their peers the same, until enough was enough - It is good to bring a man to his weakness and explain as a leader, not expose that players weakness through you as their leader your weakness of being a man in front of your Peers and not as a God (billy bunter 2014) - The Sun's will move forward as GAJ through his silence has proclaimed this.

With this long awaited change IMO - Hopefully a new change may come across the Suns recruitment office and a re- think about re-building their list from the bottom up not the Top down may occur I am sure their are kids around Australia that can play at least at the NEAFL level firstly, who then can be coached to play at the top level, The NEAFL needs the Sun's like the Sun's need the NEAFL - With priority.

A little tip for all other posters - Don't mention anything like this on the Sun's NEAFL thread or you may get a spell - similar to the Swan's NEAFL thread - I think I have a week to serve there on both threads after trying to expose their weakness of losing every game of the season for the Suns and the NEAFL Grand Final for the Swans.

For the Record - The 2014 Flag and Cup can be seen proudly on display at the the Nest in Graham Road Aspley - You are all welcome for join us for an ale and a re run of the 2014 NEAFL Granny just ask for the Bunter.

As I now proudly say Winners are Grinners and losers can kiss my BRASS. (It has taken a while though - 2104 has been a truly Brown and Gold Year).

LAB,

Although I am not sad about seeing another Michael Malthouse clowne sacked from a coaching position, why is that you ask?

Because I have seen this peanut first hand turn young boys amongst their peers into blithering idiots and then move on to accomplished footballers in their own right but more importantly men amongst their peers the same, until enough was enough - It is good to bring a man to his weakness and explain as a leader, not expose that players weakness through you as their leader your weakness of being a man in front of your Peers and not as a God (billy bunter 2014) - The Sun's will move forward as GAJ through his silence has proclaimed this.

With this long awaited change IMO - Hopefully a new change may come across the Suns recruitment office and a re- think about re-building their list from the bottom up not the Top down may occur I am sure their are kids around Australia that can play at least at the NEAFL level firstly, who then can be coached to play at the top level, The NEAFL needs the Sun's like the Sun's need the NEAFL - With priority.

A little tip for all other posters - Don't mention anything like this on the Sun's NEAFL thread or you may get a spell - similar to the Swan's NEAFL thread - I think I have a week to serve there on both threads after trying to expose their weakness of losing every game of the season for the Suns and the NEAFL Grand Final for the Swans.

For the Record - The 2014 Flag and Cup can be seen proudly on display at the the Nest in Graham Road Aspley - You are all welcome for join us for an ale and a re run of the 2014 NEAFL Granny just ask for the Bunter.

As I now proudly say Winners are Grinners and losers can kiss my BRASS. (It has taken a while though - 2104 has been a truly Brown and Gold Year).

Don't disagree re Suns and McKenna. Pretty poor communicator and don't think he had the ability to take the group further.

That said, the peanuts on the Board should resign. They extended his contract when he should have been sacked, and the Chairman came out and said they would win a flag in 3 years. Just immature, naive stupidity on both counts. If McKenna isn't the man to take the club forward, which I agree, they have to take responsibility and say they aren't either. Clean broom.

Laughed when I heard that the Football Manager did the review of his own department. "Dear Diary, bluey was awful, but I'm doing a great job!"

Don't disagree re Suns and McKenna. Pretty poor communicator and don't think he had the ability to take the group further.

That said, the peanuts on the Board should resign. They extended his contract when he should have been sacked, and the Chairman came out and said they would win a flag in 3 years. Just immature, naive stupidity on both counts. If McKenna isn't the man to take the club forward, which I agree, they have to take responsibility and say they aren't either. Clean broom.

Laughed when I heard that the Football Manager did the review of his own department. "Dear Diary, bluey was awful, but I'm doing a great job!"

Yes Yesterday I concur with the above, Marcus Ashcroft currently would be looking over his shoulder I would imagine, along with Scott Clayton and a few others.

Review or no review, the Suns must now stand up and get their NEAFL team to a competitive level - no wins in a season is a major failure from the top down, reading the Sun's NEAFL Thread, their fans don't believe that their reserves team needs to be strong to help their senior side WTF, fair chance with the loss of key position players this year and the lack of depth to cover for these, probably in this instance was the catalyst in costing McKenna his job.

Unison is the key to success at any footy club - IMO All departments must fire as one or the weak links break the chain - No depth - This equals no winning formula due to lack of depth when the injuries arrive, in any Footy Club, from AFL Level down to Narnagoon division 6 means no success.

Yes Yesterday I concur with the above, Marcus Ashcroft currently would be looking over his shoulder I would imagine, along with Scott Clayton and a few others.

Review or no review, the Suns must now stand up and get their NEAFL team to a competitive level - no wins in a season is a major failure from the top down, reading the Sun's NEAFL Thread, their fans don't believe that their reserves team needs to be strong to help their senior side WTF, fair chance with the loss of key position players this year and the lack of depth to cover for these, probably in this instance was the catalyst in costing McKenna his job.

Unison is the key to success at any footy club - IMO All departments must fire as one or the weak links break the chain - No depth - This equals no winning formula due to lack of depth when the injuries arrive, in any Footy Club, from AFL Level down to Narnagoon division 6 means no success.

spot on billy.Ive been giving some of these facts on the Suns website, and s**t, I have posters abusing me big time. Geez, some of the these Suns posters have no idea,,, gotta laugh,

I used to think that success was measured by how many junior players that clubs got drafted and even having those junior players go on too playing at a senior level within your footy club, or how many members your club could attract to support your club and your players.

Since the Hornets have won their first NEAFL Premiership, I have now come to the conclusion that the Hairy, Fairy rhetoric above is just that, something that unlucky clubs or not so lucky clubs can hang their coats on, as to not be down hearted about not finding the Holy Grail.

Success now means IMO, ultimately depends on Premierships won (unless being involved in non competition environment).

I am not talking on behalf of Aspley here may I add. I am talking about Aspley and how that Premiership has instilled this rear commodity around the club.

They the Club and its Footy Members, saw a big need to be successful (as they had been talking the talk and not walking the walk for a very long time in the past) and they did something about it - they put the processes in place to win a Flag. I am talking about the will to want to win that flag, by firstly by demanding and not taking no for an answer to get the Board to commit to the highest Competition they could be involved in, then securing the funds to move forward, then by attracting the best coaching staff available, then tinkering with a few vital playing positions, adding a couple of vital recruits, along with driving the John Blair self belief into the players and having the vital support of the whole footy club, to instil the hunger and then the will by the throat and never let go. It has taken a few years but it finally arrived this year.

I would like to think that now this footy club has got its first NEAFL Premiership, that Flag Fever takes the front seat on the bus and second best sits down the back where it belongs with the non believers and snippers, at least until such times that the funds dry up or the newly found will to win wains.

When clubs now play the Brown & Gold, they will now know, that this side is driven by success and that burden of success is something that does not come lightly.

I hope that all current and future NEAFL Clubs find this success, as since this years Grand Final win, it is the best reward for our current group that they will ever receive as a group in footy, until the next one of course.

I used to think that success was measured by how many junior players that clubs got drafted and even having those junior players go on too playing at a senior level within your footy club, or how many members your club could attract to support your club and your players.

Since the Hornets have won their first NEAFL Premiership, I have now come to the conclusion that the Hairy, Fairy rhetoric above is just that, something that unlucky clubs or not so lucky clubs can hang their coats on, as to not be down hearted about not finding the Holy Grail.

Success now means IMO, ultimately depends on Premierships won (unless being involved in non competition environment).

I am not talking on behalf of Aspley here may I add. I am talking about Aspley and how that Premiership has instilled this rear commodity around the club.

They the Club and its Footy Members, saw a big need to be successful (as they had been talking the talk and not walking the walk for a very long time in the past) and they did something about it - they put the processes in place to win a Flag. I am talking about the will to want to win that flag, by firstly by demanding and not taking no for an answer to get the Board to commit to the highest Competition they could be involved in, then securing the funds to move forward, then by attracting the best coaching staff available, then tinkering with a few vital playing positions, adding a couple of vital recruits, along with driving the John Blair self belief into the players and having the vital support of the whole footy club, to instil the hunger and then the will by the throat and never let go. It has taken a few years but it finally arrived this year.

I would like to think that now this footy club has got its first NEAFL Premiership, that Flag Fever takes the front seat on the bus and second best sits down the back where it belongs with the non believers and snippers, at least until such times that the funds dry up or the newly found will to win wains.

When clubs now play the Brown & Gold, they will now know, that this side is driven by success and that burden of success is something that does not come lightly.

I hope that all current and future NEAFL Clubs find this success, as since this years Grand Final win, it is the best reward for our current group that they will ever receive as a group in footy, until the next one of course.

Jesus. One premiership and you become all high and mighty. Can you please continue to teach us all about how great your club is and fix everyone else's too please?

When Aspley play in a comp that has every other club with the same philosophy please tell me BB... At the moment they play against sides that couldn't give fats rats as to whether they win or lose.

Jesus. One premiership and you become all high and mighty. Can you please continue to teach us all about how great your club is and fix everyone else's too please?

Ruffles00,

After your clubs NEAFL no wins last season, maybe a little divine intervention through "JESUS" who you exclaimed above, may be needed to fix your NEAFL sides problems. Your side and therefore your club had their chance of a Holy Grail 2 years ago but decided that an end of season trip was more important than playing in and possibly winning a NEAFL Grand Final - Its only taken 2 years to get rid of the reason for this complacent attitude - It all starts from the top down.

You have the next best thing to the AFL - GOD (the AFL SON of GOD) at your club, at great expense and even he will not be able to fix the problems currently seeping out in your club, hard work by all and a real football culture is the only way to prove yourself at the highest level - To date I have not seen too much of either come out of the Sun's outfit. Just the same, lame old excuses.

You, like all the other NEAFL/Reserve side posters at your club, just keep coming up with your excuses of why the NEAFL competition is not good enough for your club to take it seriously and improve your very average easy beat list, but soon you will all have to stand down at the back of the bus of success, while even all the non believers and snippers get a seat.

Ruffles00,

After your clubs NEAFL no wins last season, maybe a little divine intervention through "JESUS" who you exclaimed above, may be needed to fix your NEAFL sides problems. Your side and therefore your club had their chance of a Holy Grail 2 years ago but decided that an end of season trip was more important than playing in and possibly winning a NEAFL Grand Final - Its only taken 2 years to get rid of the reason for this complacent attitude - It all starts from the top down.

You have the next best thing to the AFL - GOD (the AFL SON of GOD) at your club, at great expense and even he will not be able to fix the problems currently seeping out in your club, hard work by all and a real football culture is the only way to prove yourself at the highest level - To date I have not seen too much of either come out of the Sun's outfit. Just the same, lame old excuses.

You, like all the other NEAFL/Reserve side posters at your club, just keep coming up with your excuses of why the NEAFL competition is not good enough for your club to take it seriously and improve your very average easy beat list, but soon you will all have to stand down at the back of the bus of success, while even all the non believers and snippers get a seat.

I am a Morningside supporter and one for quite some time...

When Aspley play in a comp that has every other club with the same philosophy please tell me BB... At the moment they play against sides that couldn't give fats rats as to whether they win or lose.

smy1305,

You obviously did not make it to the NEAFL Grand Final this year - Tell Jarrod Crouch he did not care about winning or losing - tell the 22 Swan's Players, who most were visibly upset that the Hornets won the game that they had an empty feeling that only winning one will repair. - If you think what you posted above is correct then there is a seat for you down the back of the NEAFL - Success Bus.

Get over my AFLQ side got the shunt from the original NEAFL Competition attitude and embrace this revised competition for what it is - A second tier AFL Competition with only room for a select few sides from each state and Territory along the East Coast of Australia.
Yes it may need a budget to play in that is outside of the reach of most suburban footy clubs, but don't crucify the clubs who can afford to embrace it.

Clubs that don't care (as you mention above) are the losers in this and my tip is that with the AFL funding the 4 AFL Reserve sides they will want to see value for our money - all Non AFL Clubs above all else want to win the NEAFL Flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a Morningside supporter and one for quite some time...

Sorry Ruffles00,

I should have realised, I got fooled by your location - I thought it (Gold Coast) was your AFL Club of choice - gee not a NEAFL supporter then? You are going to have a pretty boring time for the next 4 years or so watching Morningside pants all before them in the QAFL - Hopefully Bomber Adams can get the Hawks up over the next few years to challenge them at the top end of the AFLQ again.

Everyone cares about winning a GF once they get there BB - its just the pathway they tread to get there as to whether the care factor is that high. Ask the Hawthorn FC whether they really cared about their subsidary, Box Hill, not winning the GF - they obviously didn't nor do any of the VFL sides, nor do any of the 4 AFL sides in the NEAFL. It isn't their priority. If you are delusional enough to believe that all the sides try their hardest to win, week in, week out then good luck to you. Fantastic effort by Aspley to win the nEAFL GF this year but lets not pretend it was the greatest win by any club in Aust! They knocked over a side that had a few 17yr olds playing in it, not bc they were better than the blokes who got left out but bc they had to play a certain number of un listed players. Thats called a compromise.

BB I have loved your work this year but this above is abit of a shambles pal

Ruffles, you may not recall (as Aspley supporters would) the amount of advice thrown our way two and three years ago when the club's approach was ridiculed by all and sundry. I think it only fair that the likes of BB get to post a bit of "I told you so" even if he does get a bit carried away. Better than having a site with no passionate input!

It takes more than two years to build a club to win a NEAFL grand final so the seeds were well sown during the aforementioned period of ridicule. Where are Staminade and Chikka Ferguson now?

Sure we play a few sides who may not give a rats about the result but we play plenty who do.

When the club agreed to proceed with NEAFL this year, I understand the board insisted that top level footy be made available to the community at every opportunity. A part of that was something to do with the hosting of finals being at the non-AFL club ground. We missed out on the prelim played in front of a few spectators in Sydney but we managed to nab the grand final. I'd suggest this was a great result for footy generally on the Northside of Brisbane regardless of what competition you follow.

Let's just hope they keep doing what they're doing to provide top level opportunities for all local kids.

And on that, congratulations to Harris Andrews and Liam Dawson on their nomination to the Lions from the Lions Academy. A great result with one Aspley junior and a Redcliffe junior. A big example of what the club is trying to do on the Northside.

BB, keep up the passion, just go a little easier on the cheese!

All fair enough hornet. I was critical too of aspley pre John Blair. It was a basket case of a club with too much money, no direction, s**t decisions being made but it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that once the club put someone in charge who basically knew how to run a suburban footy club and his word was not going to be challenged by admin, players etc that there was too much upside to aspley for it to wallow forever in mediocrity. Blair was that person. I reckon the day after he was appointed I said on this forum that aspley will improve greatly now. Hopefully what JB has brought to the footy club continues into the future as his legacy bc we need a good NEAFL club on the north side for our juniors. And yep, premierships aside the drafting of Andrews and Dawson is a massive thing. Don't care what others think, to me this is the highlight of the year plus a couple of others to go as well cross fingers.

GWS have committed to Belconnen youngster Jack Steele with pick 23 in the draft. Terrific effort from a young lad who has overcome a few big injuries in the past few years to earn a spot on an AFL list. Good luck to fellow Belconnen lad Logan Austin who is in the mix to be picked up also.

so Matt angus gone?
Sacked apparently. The Sharks are taking quite a risk with an untried coach who may be coming to the club clouded in a bit of controversy. A solid player at his peak though. Let's hope that's the character he brings to the club.

Fourteen teams cut to eleven. No doubt yet another rise in the required standard next year again. September has passed so it's on for young and (not so) old as far as player movements go. I'm looking forward to hearing it first right here. Whether it's true or not is not the point. It's all in the fun of the gossip!! Just kidding: got carried away sorry.

Sacked apparently. The Sharks are taking quite a risk with an untried coach who may be coming to the club clouded in a bit of controversy. A solid player at his peak though. Let's hope that's the character he brings to the club.

Fourteen teams cut to eleven. No doubt yet another rise in the required standard next year again. September has passed so it's on for young and (not so) old as far as player movements go. I'm looking forward to hearing it first right here. Whether it's true or not is not the point. It's all in the fun of the gossip!! Just kidding: got carried away sorry.

Hornets Nest,

Do I smell a little cheese here in this post????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back