Remove this Banner Ad

mighty tiges

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2002
oneeyed-richmond.com
AFL Club
Richmond
I dont watch much rugby but even im depressed after this
It's hard watching Wallabies games in recent years. Schoolboy mistakes after schoolboy mistakes when it comes to rugby basics. LOL trying to play the ball flat-footed and isolated in your defensive 22 when you're 6 pts up with 1.30 mins left and then being forced to kick sideways to touch gifting the All Blacks possession 25 yards out.

The problem with rugby in Australia in recent years is it wallows in mediocrity. Efforts like tonight will still be praised despite choking in a game where you're 10 points and a man up with 15 mins to go. If Aussie Rugby head honchos were serious they would call tonight's loss a embarrassment and unforgivable.

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
The Wallabies have absolutely no hope. A disgrace. For a coach to suddenly resign... As I said, it's a toxic toxic environment. I can assure you, Pulver and the ARU don't know anything about this.

FWIW, Link had a majority of the playing group on his side. The minority that backed Beale was a very small minority, coincidentally all NSW players (5-7 players). The reason why for a long time it seemed like the whole playing group was behind Beale was because that minority sought out the media while the majority stayed quiet (as was instructed).

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Great game tonight up here in Brissy, 45k turnout, although I'd say close to 50% if not more were All Black fans.

Can't believe we choked with a few seconds left on the clock. Pathetic. Cooper and Skelton would have given us a win imo. Glad McKenzie is gone, too.

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
An assistant to take over as interim coach for the Spring tour with Jake White to take over afterwards and heading into the RWC? Surely they wouldn't be able to get him on board and send him off on the flight next Friday.

Best option would be to appoint a caretaker type coach to take us to the WC, then have Cheika take over after the WC. Cheika simply cannot be appointed now. If not Jake White, Eddie Jones, Laurie Fisher and Bob Dwyer come to mind.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Best option would be to appoint a caretaker type coach to take us to the WC, then have Cheika take over after the WC. Cheika simply cannot be appointed now. If not Jake White, Eddie Jones, Laurie Fisher and Bob Dwyer come to mind.

Agreed. I doubt he'd want it right now anyway.

If Jake White was appointed right now, I imagine he wouldn't want to be some sort of caretaker. He strikes me as someone who would take the job and intend on having it as long as he wants it. Not sure he'd be necessarily play the caretaker role for Cheika to come in post-RWC, although I do hope Cheika is the next long term coach.

Maester

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
One terrible Nic White box kick away from winning that. Don't want to see him in a Wallabies jersey again. Was a classic match though.

The Sydney media's witch hunt of McKenzie was a disgrace. I think he's a good coach and I hope a country like Argentina or even a tier 2 nation snap him up and have a great world cup as a result.

For me, anyone but Jake White to take over. The last thing I want to see is the Wallabies playing Jake ball. First choice would be Cheika.

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I really can't get over this. The politics at St Leaonards is sickening. Back when Deans was coach, I was told explicitly by a NSW powerbroker that Link would never coach the Wallabies as long as he lived. Link coached, and I have no doubt that these forces within NSW rugby are behind the smear campaign. For a coach to publicly deny having an affair (which had zero, ZERO basis) makes me sick to the stomach. I don't think any coach could go through what Link has had to go through in the past month or so.

Hooper, AAC and Beale. Hang your heads in shame. I sincerely hope I don't see any of you three in a Wallabies jumper anytime soon. Puppets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really can't get over this. The politics at St Leaonards is sickening. Back when Deans was coach, I was told explicitly by a NSW powerbroker that Link would never coach the Wallabies as long as he lived. Link coached, and I have no doubt that these forces within NSW rugby are behind the smear campaign. For a coach to publicly deny having an affair (which had zero, ZERO basis) makes me sick to the stomach. I don't think any coach could go through what Link has had to go through in the past month or so.

Hooper, AAC and Beale. Hang your heads in shame. I sincerely hope I don't see any of you three in a Wallabies jumper anytime soon. Puppets.

LMAO stop whinging that the so called great QLD Reds coach was turfed despite losing two tests to NZ they should have won this year, a test against Argentina...coupled with his brain moronic selections at the selection table. Deserves to be sacked.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Starting with Cooper and Skelton would have given us a better advantage. Or maybe not playing Nic White at all. What an embarrassment.

Speaking of Skelton, is there any reason why he hasn't played since his game several weeks ago where he was clearly BOG?

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Good luck being even remotely competitive without them.

David Pocock, Liam Gill & C Faingaa. I daresay, Michael Hooper is one player we can afford to lose.

Starting with Cooper and Skelton would have given us a better advantage. Or maybe not playing Nic White at all. What an embarrassment.

Speaking of Skelton, is there any reason why he hasn't played since his game several weeks ago where he was clearly BOG?

he's too fat atm. He's too unfit to be playing 80 minutes, and he gains too much weight if he sits on the bench. Come on, Cooper only returned to club footy a few weeks back. If there was one contentious selection it was Cooper on the bench.

McKensie has himself to blame, he is awful at selecting a team. Continually selecting players out of position.

LMAO stop whinging that the so called great QLD Reds coach was turfed despite losing two tests to NZ they should have won this year, a test against Argentina...coupled with his brain moronic selections at the selection table. Deserves to be sacked.

Let me know what these selections are? Are you going to use Beale at flyhalf again? You're like a broken record... What players did he select out of position again?

bombersno1 you're no better than the Fairfax journalists. You make me sick.

Ask McKensie, NFI why he rather has the uselessness of Horwill over Skelton, not to mention selecting Toomua over and over again...amazing the minute you punt him, out backline looked the best all season. Picking Beale at fly half when Foley was the best fly half domestically...I could go on too.

Let me know what these selections are? Are you going to use Beale at flyhalf again? You're like a broken record... What players did he select out of position again?

bombersno1 you're no better than the Fairfax journalists. You make me sick.

Beale at fly half, White anywhere near the team, Toomua over Lealifano when Foley is AT BEST at 7/10 goalkicker (I'm being generous here), Skelton not being picked- he is a perfect bench player.

Maester

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Skelton needs to get a lot fitter. He's been pretty poor and lazy in the matches he's played in the new NRC and isn't suited to a match played at a high pace. The All Blacks would have exposed him in defence if he was on the field for more than about 15 minutes.

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Beale at fly half, White anywhere near the team, Toomua over Lealifano when Foley is AT BEST at 7/10 goalkicker (I'm being generous here), Skelton not being picked- he is a perfect bench player.

Jesus Christ.

Beale at flyhalf = mistake. Beale anywhere near the team = mistake. Link paid dearly for it.

Toomua over Lilo = 100% not a mistake. Lilo up until tonight was in pretty horrendous form in the NRC. Lilo was last man standing.

Lilo was kicking well below 50% in the NRC up until he was pulled from goalkicking duties. Has a massive case of the yips.

Skelton has major weight/fitness issues.

Jesus Christ.

Beale at flyhalf = mistake. Beale anywhere near the team = mistake. Link paid dearly for it.

Toomua over Lilo = 100% not a mistake. Lilo up until tonight was in pretty horrendous form in the NRC. Lilo was last man standing.

Lilo was kicking well below 50% in the NRC up until he was pulled from goalkicking duties. Has a massive case of the yips.

Skelton has major weight/fitness issues.

Beale at fly half, more than a mistake, it was a shocking error that my dead dog could see was wrong even before the game. There is a good reason he has barely played a match at fly half in the last 2 years!

Toomua is dreadful, for a so called good 'defender' he sure misses a lot of tackles. Godwin is the best one though if fit. However Lilo should have been picked no question.

Skelton can easily play 10-15 minutes at the end of a match as an impact player.

hopefully now we won't have to put up with you spelling his name wrong every single ******* time

Not my fault he was useless. Glad he is gone, best decision rugby has made in 10 years. Glad we are being proactive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back