What Lions Memorabilia have you obtained and how?

James North

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just purchased a spirit jumper from 2011 via the online auctions where i may point out they had some great stuff at a great price!!

Normally steer away from signed stuff (like match worn and player issued) but this one is signed by James Polkinghorne

I'm sure it'll be the torp of your family for years to come!

For my 21st a couple weeks ago, some mates of mine managed to get a pair of Browny's boots signed for me personally. It's the best present I've ever received, I thought it deserved the full treatment of being done up professionally by the lads at Champions in Brisbane. Couldn't be happier with the result:

5nhuWr0.jpg

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Amazing story mate, would you know how to get the 44 membership? not that I am interested but just for your sake. Loved hearing you say "I wouldn't sell them for anything"
Thanks very much mate. Yeah they certainly hold a special place in my heart. I was actually at a swap meet the other day and got chatting to a bloke about the old Fitzroy memberships as I noticed that he had one for sale. It was a 1952 membership and he was asking $75. (. I already had it, so I passed). He said that the 1944 memberships are apparently really hard to come by and fetch anywhere between $1000 - $2000. Time to start saving for that holy grail...:)

For my 21st a couple weeks ago, some mates of mine managed to get a pair of Browny's boots signed for me personally. It's the best present I've ever received, I thought it deserved the full treatment of being done up professionally by the lads at Champions in Brisbane. Couldn't be happier with the result:

5nhuWr0.jpg
When I first glanced at it I thought I saw "Nathan Brown".:confused:

asio

Debutant
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
I purchased this long-sleeve home guernsey from the Lions Shop over the weekend, and it arrived in the mail today.
I'm pretty happy that it fits nicely (sometimes you just can't tell from an online purchase) and I'll more than likely purchase a long-sleeve version of the 2015 season guernsey when it gets released later this month.

Attachments

• IMG_8845xs.jpg
    IMG_8845xs.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 245
My favourite piece of memorabilia? that would be my framed 2003 Premiership team picture, which my Collingwood supporting father bought me for Christmas that year. I also still have my very first Guernsey that I ever bought, but I don't wear it anymore as I had it signed by the whole team after our win against West Coast in 2012.

I purchased this long-sleeve home guernsey from the Lions Shop over the weekend, and it arrived in the mail today.
I'm pretty happy that it fits nicely (sometimes you just can't tell from an online purchase) and I'll more than likely purchase a long-sleeve version of the 2015 season guernsey when it gets released later this month.
I generally find that the measurements for the different sizes are the same for the guernseys at the Lions shop, which is good to know when you want to pre-order ones that are limited edition.

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
I like my latest piece of memorabilia so much I made it my avatar.

19bh46.jpg

loyallion

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2005
Somewhere.......
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts Detroit Lions
I Own one of the very first Brisbane Lions that was ever sold :D You know the Puma branded one thats got the faint AFL badges all through it? and it cost me a whole 70 Bucks! :eek: mind you it was 1997 when I bought it! I've had so many people who want to buy it off of me I just can't bring myself to sell it! :(

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Happy to have recently picked up a Pearce Hanley player issued guernsey from 2010.

This is nicely added to my recent other purchases of Josh Green's player issued from 2011 and Justin Clarke's player issue from 2014.

And I am not even a fan of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" ;)

The first two will probably end up as obscure #42's and I hope the last makes #42 his own for a while!!

Jeez, this thread makes one want to go out and spend a lot of money. Love the stories.

I don't have anything outside of the norm, but I have a Lions flag with 13 signatures on it which I'll get framed when I'm ready to set up a pool room, just because it's the only thing I have with Browny's signature on it. Horrible shame the logo on it is the Paddlepop but I figure Browny (and the rest of the blokes!) make up for it.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Unfortunately, I am thinking of going the complete other way.

I have a fair bit of stuff from the 80's onwards, particularly Fitzroy and obviously Brisbane Lions too, with my most prized possession being a Richard Newell paddlepop clash jumper I acquired from Chasing the Dream a couple of years back. I have everything from jumpers, polos with tags still on them from the premiership era, authentic Jamie Cooper framed paintings and other endorsed Fitzroy team and individual player plaques, not to mention unused Fitzroy and Brisbane Bears glasses and a host of other items.

My love for the club will never waiver or die, but not one item is displayed or used or comes out of the cupboard and whilst I always thought it would later in life, I know that will never be the case in my very modern and contemporary place and I guess I am thinking as my tastes have changed and realising I am not really a collector, someone else may appreciate such treasures.

The only hard part is now finding a place to sell and list such items...I'm presuming eBay or Gumtree, although having never sold anything before on such a medium, I'm a little unsure. Anyone know where would be the best place?

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I have a fair bit of stuff from the 80's onwards, particularly Fitzroy and obviously Brisbane Lions too, with my most prized possession being a Richard Newell paddlepop clash jumper I acquired from Chasing the Dream a couple of years back. I have everything from jumpers, polos with tags still on them from the premiership era, authentic Jamie Cooper framed paintings and other endorsed Fitzroy team and individual player plaques, not to mention unused Fitzroy and Brisbane Bears glasses and a host of other items.

My love for the club will never waiver or die, but not one item is displayed or used or comes out of the cupboard and whilst I always thought it would later in life, I know that will never be the case in my very modern and contemporary place and I guess I am thinking as my tastes have changed and realising I am not really a collector, someone else may appreciate such treasures.

The only hard part is now finding a place to sell and list such items...I'm presuming eBay or Gumtree, although having never sold anything before on such a medium, I'm a little unsure. Anyone know where would be the best place?
I must admit, I've never read the BigFooty T&Cs or rules, but have thought a couple of times that a 'Buy, Sell, Swap' forum or thread.
There's also a guy on twitter who sells memorabilia who might be able to help, but I reckon you would easily find buyers for Lions gear right here.

Oct 26, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man United, Melb Victory

You don't happen to have the 1983 team photo in front of the Kevin Murray stand do you? I'll buy it if you do.

Great to hear your story Dylan12. Like you I have collected a lot of Fitzroy and Lions stuff over the years but ever since I got into photography in a big way I decided I would sell my stuff down to finance my camera purchases. Have used eBay principally. It is an easy and convenient way to sell once you get the hang of it but purchasers generally are looking for bargains rather than paying top dollar. Still, any items that are unusual or rare will attract the bids. eBay have increased their rates lately so it is more expensive to list and sell there now. Happy to help further if I can, just PM me. Haven't used Gumtree or any other sites for memorabilia.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I must admit, I've never read the BigFooty T&Cs or rules, but have thought a couple of times that a 'Buy, Sell, Swap' forum or thread.
There's also a guy on twitter who sells memorabilia who might be able to help, but I reckon you would easily find buyers for Lions gear right here.

Thanks Skoob.

I venture over to the Fitzroy board here and there, so I definitely think a lot of stuff would be of interest over there and IIRC, there is a similar thread over there, which Mobbenfuhrer may be able to confirm for me.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Great to hear your story Dylan12. Like you I have collected a lot of Fitzroy and Lions stuff over the years but ever since I got into photography in a big way I decided I would sell my stuff down to finance my camera purchases. Have used eBay principally. It is an easy and convenient way to sell once you get the hang of it but purchasers generally are looking for bargains rather than paying top dollar. Still, any items that are unusual or rare will attract the bids. eBay have increased their rates lately so it is more expensive to list and sell there now. Happy to help further if I can, just PM me. Haven't used Gumtree or any other sites for memorabilia.

Really appreciate the advice WhiteLionFeva.

My motives aren't that dissimilar or even motivated fiscally, but a lot of it is just gathering dust and boxed up and I'm sure there would be others that would get a lot more enjoyment out of it than I would and plus I want to de-clutter my life if that makes sense.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club

The Fitzroy Shop maybe?. :)

I still kick around (inside the house) my soft lions footy I got at the 1980 Melbourne show. It has had a little bit of stitch work but has been well worth the $5 it cost.

loyallion

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2005
Somewhere.......
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts Detroit Lions
I still kick around (inside the house) my soft lions footy I got at the 1980 Melbourne show. It has had a little bit of stitch work but has been well worth the $5 it cost.
Mine is one of those Kids Footys with the logo and mascot on it It hasnt been used much at all and is in pretty good nick. Not worth anything you would have to say its more sentimental to me than anything.

radiotron

Senior List
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My awesome wife got my 3peat jumper signed by JB last week!
Just ordered a new away jumper as that guy is now retired ;)
I also have a super old Fitzroy Sekem jumper with the VFL logo that my uncle found hanging in the shed of the house he bought (in Murwillumba of all places?)

Back