Senior Tim Membrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Has an arm sleeve tattoo on both arms now!
tim_m_620x370.jpg

I was just hearing for the first time today how accurate he apparently is. We really need that at the moment, if that's true it's a great pick up. He's a lead up forward as well which should mean he works well with Rooey and Bruce or Rooey and Spencer or whatever they come up with.

I was just hearing for the first time today how accurate he apparently is. We really need that at the moment, if that's true it's a great pick up. He's a lead up forward as well which should mean he works well with Rooey and Bruce or Rooey and Spencer or whatever they come up with.
Very much agree with this. So so over watching us butcher the footy and miss opportunities. In contrast how valuable are Bruest and Gunston for the Hawks? They just consistently slot them, is such a key ingredient as to why the Hawks forward line is so dangerous.

I am not yet convinced that Lee will make it, but I really hope he does. His kicking for goal was a bit off this year, but he also has the technique to be really accurate. If we had a forward line that had Lee and Membrey we would at least have 2 blokes that are great kicks for goal. Would take the pressure of Spencer in coming years, who has a tendency to spray them a bit. I know he was accurate in his brief stint in the AFL last year, but those who have watched plenty of VFL games will know he is by no means an accurate kick for goal. Not yet, anyway.

Was kicking regular goals weekly ( albeit at a lower level) and is a dead eye dick. And was only not getting a game because of Syd already having too many big fwds.
I think this might end up being a extremely good bit of drafting by the Saints.
If Tom Lee cant find any consistency with injury/form then getting Membrey pretty cheaply could make up for the highish pick we used on Lee.
In a perfect world Lee will have an injury free pre season and now realise he has some competition and will get himself seriously fit and both will be up and firing.
Its going to be interesting to see how Lee, Membrey & White all develop next yr.

Really excited to see Tim play in 2015

St+Kilda+FC+Training+Session+BPIrj613qLIl.jpg

Born: 26/5/1994
Height: 188cm
Weight: 90kg
Position: Forward

“I think it’s a great opportunity for me. It’s a young side and there’s plenty of potential in the team. There is great coaching staff and I feel like the sky is the limit from here,” Membrey told SAINTS.com.au.

“I really just want to get down and start training. I want to earn the respect of those senior guys that have been here and really be open to everyone; get used to the system, work hard and set myself up for a good year.”
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-11-04/membrey-cant-wait-to-crack-in

TIM Membrey has hit the track for the first time with his new teammates on the first day of pre-season training.

The former Sydney player, who signed with St Kilda on the weekend, looked at home alongside a range of fellow youngsters, including four VFL players, Jared Patrenko, Shaun McKernan and Jeremy Taylor.

Membrey was introduced to the playing group and coaches around 9am, before participating in a simple kicking warm-up and run throughs.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-11-05/membrey-begins-his-saints-journey

Speaking on Wednesday as the Saints first- to fourth-year players began pre-season training, Membrey said he felt assured after hearing what St Kilda had to offer.

"They came to me and made a presentation and it was really professional. I just thought it was the right fit for me," he said.

"This is going to be a good, young team and I'm going to enjoy playing with them."
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-11-05/former-swan-settles-in

Good thread. Before I came in here I couldn't remembrey who Tim was, but now he is my new favourite Saint and I will remembrey to cheer him on next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This from an article after his first game for the Swans:

"His replacement was debutant Tim Membrey, who has been a prolific goal-kicker in the Swans reserves where he has booted 94 goals in his 37 games in the NEAFL."

That's a lot of snags.

I think Membrey spells the end of Siposs. They play the exact same position, have similar traits, and similar builds. His signing is essentially the club saying, "We've looked at Siposs, and he's not going to cut the mustard."

Short of a miracle, Arryn will be the first player delisted at the end of the year.

I was very meh about this pick up at first but the more I think about it the more I like it. We've got a natural forward, who is still 20 but already plenty big enough to mix it at AFL level. Best case he becomes a legit second option to Riewoldt and snags 30 odd goals, worst case he should still get at least a month at top level to develop going forward toward 2018. I don't see him as a future star, maybe a future Crameri, but we've got him for free so we can't really lose.

My only nerves with him is that he's that middling height - 188cm is not really even a medium forward usually in today's game. He'll really need to become a forward-midfielder if he's going to make it, I feel.

My only nerves with him is that he's that middling height - 188cm is not really even a medium forward usually in today's game. He'll really need to become a forward-midfielder if he's going to make it, I feel.

Pelchen said that the club wants him to play a role similar to Breust. Membrey also said that Sydney were thinking about putting him in the middle cause they couldn't fit him in their forward line.

I think Membrey spells the end of Siposs. They play the exact same position, have similar traits, and similar builds. His signing is essentially the club saying, "We've looked at Siposs, and he's not going to cut the mustard."

Short of a miracle, Arryn will be the first player delisted at the end of the year.
Nothing like true adversity to get the best out of someone. FAITH!

Same height as Crameri, shouldn't be an issue if he's good enough.

Hopefully he will turn out to be this year's Delaney trade.

Now that he has joined us, I won't be over blowing his value. Still nervous as to why he was given away for nothing if he has the goods. Like Lee, still unproven at AFL level.

Fingers crossed for the lad.

Hopefully he will turn out to be this year's Delaney trade.

Now that he has joined us, I won't be over blowing his value. Still nervous as to why he was given away for nothing if he has the goods. Like Lee, still unproven at AFL level.

Fingers crossed for the lad.
Wasnt he just going to walk into the PSD cos he was out of contract anyway? So Swans had no bargaining power.
Thats what i thought anyway?
Even if he had amazing form in NEAFL the Swans were never going to drop Buddy, Tippett, Ried or Goodes. As the Swans showed with Mitchell they dont throw a kid in to just give him a go. So Membrey wouldve spent another yr in the twos regardless of good form.
Yet they will prob need him in 2 yrs time.
Its good to see the Swans get shafted for once :p

Last edited:
I think he will be a valuable member of the team and will be first 22 in 2015. An astute drafting and as others have said - Siposs, Markworth, & Lee need to work harder in order to ensure a spot in the team and on the list.

Wasnt he just going to walk into the PSD cos he was out of contract anyway? So Swans had no bargaining power.
Thats what i thought anyway?
Even if he had amazing form in NEAFL the Swans were never going to drop Buddy, Tippett, Ried or Goodes. As the Swans showed with Mitchell they dont throw a kid in to just give him a go. So Membrey wouldve spent another yr in the twos regardless of good form.
Yet they will prob need him in 2 yrs time.
Its good to see the Swans get shafted for once :p

Yep.
The best players to pick up are those who are squeezed out of a successful club because the incumbent players are superstars. Kennedy from Hawthorn to Sydney is a great example. Brett Voss to us (behind the Scott brothers).
The other type of great players to pick up are those at a club which is factional and imploding and delists players because of personalities. Brian Lake and Adam Cooney are 2 that come to mind. A bit odd but can play. Watch for Cooney to tear it up next year for the injectors. Cooney is up for a full pre-season and his knee is good.

Picking up spuds who can't get a game in the seniors (think all the Richmond rejects we have drafted) is not the way to go.

Membury is stuck behind the best forward line in 20 years so he is a coming to us for all the right reasons. He is a better prospect than any of the Adelaide blokes training with us or blokes like Savage.

So in order of preference:
  1. Gun who wants to return home for personal reasons (Judd);
  2. Gun who hates his coach and or club (Griffin);
  3. Gun who has been injured and needs a fresh start or isn't in the new coach's plans (Cooney);
  4. Kid with potential who is stuck behind a gun team (Membury, Kennedy);
  5. Kid with potential who is homesick (Boyd);
  6. Kid with potential who is stuck behind other gun kids (GWS and GC players);
  7. GOP who is out of favour with coach (Weller, McKernan);
  8. GOP who is stuck behind other players;
  9. GOP who needs a fresh start due to injury (Patrenko);
  10. Duds from another club that our previous recruiters picked up or coaches pushed for (insert anyone from Richmond, Peake, TDL....etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back