Opinion Who will improve most in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Tyson has the most talent, once he develops in the next couple of years physically. Not sure of how good he can get in our current system. Hopefully our current on-field leaders and coaching staff are good enough to develop him and mold him to be a top liner. But i think he has the most upside.

I think Tyson has the most talent, once he develops in the next couple of years physically. Not sure of how good he can get in our current system. Hopefully our current on-field leaders and coaching staff are good enough to develop him and mold him to be a top liner. But i think he has the most upside.
Tyson will be fine, think he'll mostly develop himself like Jones did. Same with Viney and Hogan and probably Brayshaw. It's Salem and Toumpas that we really need to put the attention into. Both have top potential but are exactly the kinds of players we'd have stuffed up in the previous era

I'm hoping Jeff Garlett will improve the most next season - he played little role in Carlton's year due to personal problems, if he has them sorted he could be very dangerous for us

I'm hoping Jeff Garlett will improve the most next season - he played little role in Carlton's year due to personal problems, if he has them sorted he could be very dangerous for us
Doesn't even need to improve, just needs to return to his best. If he kicks 40+ goals next year we'll finish outside the bottom 4. If Hogan and McCartin kick 30+ between them, that would be a huge result too.

Biggest movers and shakers in 2015 will be Howe, Viney, Toumpas and Frost. Michie also a possibility.

Re Barry, nothing would make me happier to see him step it up. It was tough having to tell him to his face that he wasn't selected in my fantasy side, Dom Barrygnon FC.

It's not easy being a coach.

Viney is my final answer. Will bet that he makes the '22 under 22' in 2015.
I think Viney as well. His sheer determination and increase in endurance makes him a good bet.

My second pick is Dean Kent although there is an element of hope there.

Player of interest is Jetta. We've seen him play some good defensive roles but he is seriously well equipped as a footy player. I'd love to see him come down the ground a bit but Roos might decide to stay conservative and keep it simple/defensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Viney as well. His sheer determination and increase in endurance makes him a good bet.

My second pick is Dean Kent although there is an element of hope there.

Player of interest is Jetta. We've seen him play some good defensive roles but he is seriously well equipped as a footy player. I'd love to see him come down the ground a bit but Roos might decide to stay conservative and keep it simple/defensive.
Yeah it's the endurance for mine. I also think his main issues coming into the system were picking up the pace of the game in traffic/contests as well as his decision making. Both have improved a good amount and I think he'll find more of the ball next year too. Plays smarter than he used to, rather than just harder.

Plays smarter than he used to, rather than just harder.
When he first started he was pretty individualistic as many youngsters are when trying to make an impression. I think the reason he didn't come on too much this year as far as using the players around him was largely due to Roos' defensive standards which in themself were individually focused.

Really it was only our defense which was remotely in sync with the switching and such. I expect our mids to gel a bit better in 2015 and this will hopefully allow Viney to become a bit more versatile.

I see you still haven't been able to get rid of the stupidity within you.
Like a wine stain on a white carpet mate.

When he first started he was pretty individualistic as many youngsters are when trying to make an impression. I think the reason he didn't come on too much this year as far as using the players around him was largely due to Roos' defensive standards which in themself were individually focused.

Really it was only our defense which was remotely in sync with the switching and such. I expect our mids to gel a bit better in 2015 and this will hopefully allow Viney to become a bit more versatile.
Yeah I'd tend to agree, especially that second bit. Interesting idea - I think the same could be said potentially of Tyson and his inconsistency. Defensive game tired him out and as such limited his output at times. You'd expect Roos to merge offense in this year which should allow some of the younger players to 'show more'. Of course this is major offseason rose coloured glasses stuff, but it's nice to dream.

I think he'll be given a lot more time in the first ruck role this year.

Jamar will spend time at full forward, and give Gawn a chop out, rather than the other way round.

He's going to get every chance this year, and I'm going with Gawn for our 'breakout' player.

Jamar will spend time at full forward, and give Gawn a chop out, rather than the other way round.

He's going to get every chance this year, and I'm going with Gawn for our 'breakout' player.

Gawn is our best chance of a break out year in my opinion.
when will Gawn start his preseason. He's ****ed, 3rd knee injury,he'll be stepping out next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back