Remove this Banner Ad

mustlovepurple

Team Captain
Aug 23, 2013
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who will win this year?
The smokie,the fan favourite,or a week after week under the radar player..........
Me...Im going for tendai...reliable,hes a runner,he busts his gut,week after week,and a team player.
and if its a draw...lachie neal..youth,effort,and a wilingness to learn and develop.
who do you think?

Polled well previously and played nearly every game. Not my choice but just putting up the possible. I don't think Barlow is seen as nearly as important as Mundy and I don't think a small forward such as Ballas will register.

Heck if you want a smoky for doing better in the count than people think, it may be Dawson this year!!!

Sandi to win is my tip.

Winner Fyfe unless suspensions cost him
Smokey Mzungo
Clubman Ballantyne
First year, Alex Pearce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polled well previously and played nearly every game. Not my choice but just putting up the possible. I don't think Barlow is seen as nearly as important as Mundy and I don't think a small forward such as Ballas will register.

Heck if you want a smoky for doing better in the count than people think, it may be Dawson this year!!!

Sandi to win is my tip.
Did not do well in the coaches vote at all though. I cant see Ross being happy with a senior player only turning up for second halves either.

Do you have to be a first yearer any more, did not cam Sutcliffe win it in his second year? If that's the go think Matty Tabener would be favourite .

Fyfe & Sandi.

I expect Hill & Tendai to push top 5 & hope ZacD gets a spot in the top 10 but will be a tough call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi to win is my tip.
I know the basis for voting, but I thought Mundy was subpar for his role more often than not. And while that still may have had him in the top five most weeks, given that Crowley won the Doig being 'best in role if not best in team', I feel Mundy should be counted out.

I'd be pretty pleased if Sandi won it though.

About time we had ours! Is anyone here going?

Absolutely, I always go and it puts the lid nicely on my FFC season past.

For me, this year is a battle between Fyfe and Sandilands - Nat should still receive high enough votes for the games he did play in to win, but the fact that Aaron only missed one could swing it in his favour.

Also expect Michael Johnson to hit an early lead, because for mine he was clearly our best player until around the halfway mark when injuries started getting to him. Mzungu and Neale should do very well, I'd like to see Ballantyne get something of a reward for his efforts, and my smokey for a Top 5 finish is Cam Sutcliffe - played every game, did very well in his defensive role for the most part and had few noticeably bad games.

Do you have to be a first yearer any more, did not cam Sutcliffe win it in his second year? If that's the go think Matty Tabener would be favourite

In previous seasons the Beacon always went to our best player in their first AFL season, and it was always explained that way. On this logic, Jack Hannath should have got it hands down for 2013 - however they do appear to have mysteriously changed the rules for it to include 2nd year players, which is why it was awarded to Sutcliffe instead. On this basis, Taberner is just about the only candidate who has played enough to win this year!

Best clubman has turned into something of a raffle between Matt De Boer and Tendai Mzungu of late. I have a feeling that it could go to Kepler as a goodbye gift, but I wouldn't mind seeing a new face collect it such as Dawson or Spurr.

Hes a curious case. We might get an idea on how much the coaching staff do/do not love him on how well he polls.
Realistically i would bet Barlow finishes top 5, but Sutcliffe would attract a lot of votes like others have pointed out he didn't miss a game and nailed his role down back most weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back