List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess time will tell who's right and who's wrong hey

There is no right & wrong, it's not a competition. I just find it pathetic how some people write players off straight away before they have even had a single minute of AFL development. Lin Jong was a great example, a lot of people can't believe how quickly he has developed & now can't wait to see him impact the best 22. When he was rookie listed people were saying he had no hope either

There is no right & wrong, it's not a competition. I just find it pathetic how some people write players off straight away before they have even had a single minute of AFL development. Lin Jong was a great example, a lot of people can't believe how quickly he has developed & now can't wait to see him impact the best 22. When he was rookie listed people were saying he had no hope either
Fogarty wouldn't even be in footscrays best ten players so he is no chance , jong right at this moment at afl level would still be a dud

I like Fogarty. He's as hard as a cat's head, and he does the job when needed (eg. goal late in the prelim against Port).

He's slow-ish and he's not blessed with great skill, but I think at this point in time we could do with a journeyman to look after the young guys. I don't think he'll command a spot for too long, but you never know.

So it's appearing as though blakely may slip to our pick. We'd be crazy not to take him. Would be a very similar pick to the wines one from port.

He's quite quick, quite skilled and he's a bull- ready to play at top level. Running machine which we need too.

Get the man dogs!! Positive is that we get another pick straight after

So it's appearing as though blakely may slip to our pick. We'd be crazy not to take him. Would be a very similar pick to the wines one from port.

He's quite quick, quite skilled and he's a bull- ready to play at top level. Running machine which we need too.

Get the man dogs!! Positive is that we get another pick straight after
D Mckenzie, menadue, McDonald, blakely, gore, vickers-willis, Maynard and Neal-bullen are available at 26/27x which 2 are you taking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fogarty wouldn't even be in footscrays best ten players so he is no chance , jong right at this moment at afl level would still be a dud

I'm surprised you didn't use the word "spud". Isn't that the favoured word used by people who have never played AFL or even VFL football in their lives?

D Mckenzie, menadue, McDonald, blakely, gore, vickers-willis, Maynard and Neal-bullen are available at 26/27x which 2 are you taking?

Blakely, McDonald, then Maynard, V-W, D McK, Menadue, N-B, then Gore.
Would take any of these guys at 39, if they get that far. Or Kietel at 39 if they are all gone.

j911g2.jpg

I hope we are that lucky with our choices

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Fogarty. He's as hard as a cat's head, and he does the job when needed (eg. goal late in the prelim against Port).

He's slow-ish and he's not blessed with great skill, but I think at this point in time we could do with a journeyman to look after the young guys. I don't think he'll command a spot for too long, but you never know.

It's not a bad idea to rookie someone from Footscray. Shows we're fair dinkum about investing and developing in the VFL list talent, which in turn should hopefully bring in more talent. We've got 3 blokes on our list who have gone on from suburban footy to play AFL, so there's every chance we can attract the odd gem.

With my McDonald and EVW question, regarding if they can fit in our defense. I just thought to look up the geelong premiership side from 2011. Very interesting.

This is my proposed defense:

Wood Talia JJ
Roberts McDonald EVW

Now here is the geelong 2011 team defense:

Enright Taylor Wojcinski
Lonergon Scarlett Hunt

Now I'm not sure about you guys but-
Enright=wood
Taylor= Talia
Wojcinski= JJ
Lonergen=Roberts
Scarlet= McDonald
Hunt= EVW

I think it is worth saying, whether Saad Coburg, MARCON Williamstown, or anybody else from VFL has an AFL preseason IT wilL make an enormous difference to any one selected.
It will improve their skills, pace, endurance etc. I just thought I should mention this, as some of our experts on BF want to express their views on what they have seen.
That is not the real skill, it what is underneath the player and the upside that can be seen.

With my McDonald and EVW question, regarding if they can fit in our defense. I just thought to look up the geelong premiership side from 2011. Very interesting.

This is my proposed defense:

Wood Talia JJ
Roberts McDonald EVW

Now here is the geelong 2011 team defense:

Enright Taylor Wojcinski
Lonergon Scarlett Hunt

Now I'm not sure about you guys but-
Enright=wood
Taylor= Talia
Wojcinski= JJ
Lonergen=Roberts
Scarlet= McDonald
Hunt= EVW
Biggest difference is the overall skill level, but mainly kicking skills. Taylor, lonergan, Scarlett, enright and mackie go down in history as one of the best groups of back men of all time, so no shame in not measuring up to that lot, but we still need better ball users back there.

Blakely and EVW. We like d Nielsen as a key back so that makes it easier to overlook McDonald but he's a good prospect. Wouldn't sneer at him and one of those two I've said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back