2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the case, someone has gone off their nuts at the club,.The guy is now at a level of NEAFL,where he played all season in 2014.Coming back to QAFL level, he will be pretty good but the Magpies need much more then him to make finals.
magpies were in the final 5 for most of the year and missed by 4 games and were beaten by under 2 goals on 4 occasions plus dropping a game to UQ,if they did land Maloney plus the addition of Luke Scott along with servicable players in McEvoy and Carsledine they would push for finals....

Magpies have offered Moloney $150,000 over 3 yrs, take it as gospel.

complete rubbish.

That club wouldn't be able to scratch together $150k over 10 years.

If that's the case, someone has gone off their nuts at the club,.The guy is now at a level of NEAFL,where he played all season in 2014.Coming back to QAFL level, he will be pretty good but the Magpies need much more then him to make finals.

If they got Moloney, in the absence of many other changes - that would be enough to push them into finals.

magpies were in the final 5 for most of the year and missed by 4 games and were beaten by under 2 goals on 4 occasions plus dropping a game to UQ,if they did land Maloney plus the addition of Luke Scott along with servicable players in McEvoy and Carsledine they would push for finals....

Agree. Moloney, Scott, McEvoy, Rozynski would transform their midfield overnight. Which was their biggest problem last year.

Then get the incredibly underrated Val Pope fit, and they would be Top 5 certainties.

Highly doubt they will get Moloney though, unless they have some rich benefactor paying his wage.

Zero chance the Magpies have $150k to spend over three years. Aren't they barely keeping their head above water as it is at the moment?

That's certainly the talk around the traps.
not true,social club does struggle has done for 10 years, football club is fine,paid all players and bills this year and have no debt!! not the wealthiest $$ wise but have a great board working hard and are debt free can every club say that? any marquee type player would be be paid through speacial sponsorship i would say.

hard to fund/run a decent footy club with a dysfunctioal social club though.

Social Clubs should in theory be paying plenty of bills for the footy club. Sounds like it might be the other way around.

hard to fund/run a decent footy club with a dysfunctioal social club though.

Social Clubs should in theory be paying plenty of bills for the footy club. Sounds like it might be the other way around.
probably didnt explain and dont want to much,but the social club pays alot of the operational bills of football and is going ok but definateley isnt a cash cow. Probably similair to Broady Morningside etc...

complete rubbish.

That club wouldn't be able to scratch together $150k over 10 years.

If they got Moloney, in the absence of many other changes - that would be enough to push them into finals.

Agree. Moloney, Scott, McEvoy, Rozynski would transform their midfield overnight. Which was their biggest problem last year.

Then get the incredibly underrated Val Pope fit, and they would be Top 5 certainties.

Highly doubt they will get Moloney though, unless they have some rich benefactor paying his wage.

Moloneys presence who is a Neafl level player now, will in no way improve the Magpies or any other club he goes to by huge margins. You could put Gary Ablett into a QAFL side, but he alone wouldn't be enough to lift a side that finished outside the finals to a top 4 or 5 position. Its a team game full of 18 players on the field against 18 players opposing.
Also,plenty of sides had close losses during the season, (Magpies were not the only ones) which results in supporters saying, ahh, if only,,, geez we could of made the finals,... hey this happens every season in every comp in the nation.!!!!!
And if this reported unbelievable 150k for 3 years package is correct, well how will the club afford to pay other good regular local players and recruits to maintain a depth in their lists.

The 150k for Maloney was said with tongue firmly in cheek. I've heard the magpies have chatted to Maloney but on nothing like the money rumoured. If maloney wants 1k per game go to country vic. Maybe NEAFL.

QAFL forget it nobody is worth more than $500 per game. A few of the top paid guys I reckon would be on about that figure but I'd be surprised if anyone on signicantlly more.

Cats back at training this week and we are pleased to have Gary Fox back.

The 150k for Maloney was said with tongue firmly in cheek. I've heard the magpies have chatted to Maloney but on nothing like the money rumoured. If maloney wants 1k per game go to country vic. Maybe NEAFL.

QAFL forget it nobody is worth more than $500 per game. A few of the top paid guys I reckon would be on about that figure but I'd be surprised if anyone on signicantlly more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree 2010 but fwiw I think you will find this rumour is probably true + one of the northern conf clubs has been chasing him for a greater figure but not a 3 yr deal. Complete and utter madness really.

Do you expect many soft tissue Injurys with Fox back on board ?

Chikka, this fallacy of Fox having a history of his training resume creating soft tissue injuries is a joke. Fact is in 2013 at Broady and 2014 at the Sharks, both clubs experienced season ending injuries to players mainly due to knee ligament injuries ( ACL ETC).Now that's not soft tissue injuries, its just bad luck as to how the player landed on his leg etc.etc.What gained attention was the fact that these season ending injuries occurred to a number of the top 6 players at each club.
As for soft tissue injuries, both Broady and the Sharks had no more of these then what other clubs had.!!!

Chikka, this fallacy of Fox having a history of his training resume creating soft tissue injuries is a joke. Fact is in 2013 at Broady and 2014 at the Sharks, both clubs experienced season ending injuries to players mainly due to knee ligament injuries ( ACL ETC).Now that's not soft tissue injuries, its just bad luck as to how the player landed on his leg etc.etc.What gained attention was the fact that these season ending injuries occurred to a number of the top 6 players at each club.
As for soft tissue injuries, both Broady and the Sharks had no more of these then what other clubs had.!!!

Fully agree. Foxy isn't stupid, trains the players in monthly blocks. I personally wouldn't enjoy his program though

Broadbeach kicked of preseason on Monday night and had a really good turn up couple of new boys down, so its very exciting for the cats in 2015. I also see the Tigers have picked up a couple of handy players from the GVFL and Josh Baxter and Adam Clarke from Southport. I have been told the Magpies have signed Maloney, if true what a great get, good on them its great for the league. I think the QAFL is only going to be stronger in 2015 with the way clubs are recruiting and players coming back from the NEAFL comp to play State League.

Broadbeach kicked of preseason on Monday night and had a really good turn up couple of new boys down, so its very exciting for the cats in 2015. I also see the Tigers have picked up a couple of handy players from the GVFL and Josh Baxter and Adam Clarke from Southport. I have been told the Magpies have signed Maloney, if true what a great get, good on them its great for the league. I think the QAFL is only going to be stronger in 2015 with the way clubs are recruiting and players coming back from the NEAFL comp to play State League.

Great for the top sides, could be a little scary for clubs like UQ and Sandgate if they don't recruit very well.

Labrador, really going for it recruiting Baxter and Clarke from Southport and the Victorian guys are goodwill be good regular senior players at Tatura in the very strong GVFL..they will be valuable players in the QAFL and more then cover the loss of Seddon. Baxter is a huge gain !!!

Labrador, really going for it recruiting Baxter and Clarke from Southport and the Victorian guys are goodwill be good regular senior players at Tatura in the very strong GVFL..they will be valuable players in the QAFL and more then cover the loss of Seddon. Baxter is a huge gain !!!
they have a great coach great football manager (full time) and recourses

I have also heard that Labrador have been recruiting hard other signings Iv heard are Angus Munroe former palm beach premiership captain and bryce perry-bolt with the already signings of Baxter and Clarke from southport and the players from Gvfl should be a good side in 2015 with a great coach at the helm

I thought Perry-Bolt retired because of his knee injury? Labrador must have some money to throw around for next year then.

I thought Perry-Bolt retired because of his knee injury? Labrador must have some money to throw around for next year then.
Yeah that's what I thought to! Maybe had it fixed! Who knows but you would think must of been a good offer to get him to go round again! If he gets as fit as he did this year and with Baxter at centre half forward and wadsworth there to and the other forwards they have will be a very good forward line!

Yeah that's what I thought to! Maybe had it fixed! Who knows but you would think must of been a good offer to get him to go round again! If he gets as fit as he did this year and with Baxter at centre half forward and wadsworth there to and the other forwards they have will be a very good forward line!

My mum would be quicker than those three you mentioned in the foward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back