2014 QAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Would P-Bolt be up to that level?
Not sure but you wouldn't think Steve Daniels would want him unless he could get good footy out of him! They do say a change is as good as a holiday! I was surprised to hear that he signed there I thought he was done! Good luck to him I suppose

Both will be top 3 I believe
Its going to be hard to make the top 5 if the Magpies and Wilston Grange have improved on this season.
Morningside - Still the best side can they go back to back, still have the hunger.
Labrador - recruited well, will it make up the gap between them and Morningside.
Palm Beach - Will they drop off with Creswell leaving, also rumour Bryant and Derrick have already gone??
Broadbeach - Will be better than this year, picked up Brewer from Southport and about to name a few more, will be there abouts.
Mt Gravatt - Had a great year , can they improve enough to challenge Morningside?

If Magpies and Grange have recruited as well as people are saying, then who will miss out on finals that played finals this season??

Its going to be hard to make the top 5 if the Magpies and Wilston Grange have improved on this season.
Morningside - Still the best side can they go back to back, still have the hunger.
Labrador - recruited well, will it make up the gap between them and Morningside.
Palm Beach - Will they drop off with Creswell leaving, also rumour Bryant and Derrick have already gone??
Broadbeach - Will be better than this year, picked up Brewer from Southport and about to name a few more, will be there abouts.
Mt Gravatt - Had a great year , can they improve enough to challenge Morningside?

If Magpies and Grange have recruited as well as people are saying, then who will miss out on finals that played finals this season??
Hear Brent Moloney signing with Magpies as early as today, big big get, will create a lot of excitement.
1. Morningside 2. Lab 3. Mt Gravatt
4. Maggie's 5. Broady 6. Grange 7. PBC 8. Surfers 9. UQ 10. Sandgate.
Will be a very tight from 3 through to 7 I reckon.

Hear Brent Moloney signing with Magpies as early as today, big big get, will create a lot of excitement.

Palmy 8th! ?

Your off your head

Sorry 7th!?

Still off ya head

Pretty close prediction for me. Agree with the top 3 and the bottom 3. Maggies a bit high - think they'll just miss out. I'd have Broady 4th and so then 5th-7th could be anyone.

Has anyone heard anything about Sandgate? Last I heard Richardson had gone to Grange, but that's all. Any new players of note? They're gonna need some as every club but them seems to be recruiting actively. If their 2014 B & F Rutledge starts getting a game with Aspley in the NEAFL, they'll really struggle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they usually recruit pretty well
Between Kelly Higgs and perry bolt off the top of my head they kicked around 140 goals between them that's a big hole and Matty Dillon to broadbeach and a roomer has it the recruiting bloke from palmy has stepped away! Yes you they always do recruit well but have always had high profile coaches which draw players to clubs

Is this confirmed? Would be some huge losses for PBC. Would be tough to make finals if they don't sign any big names this year.
PBC will need to drop away considerably not to make finals. Grange and Magpies will need to make up enormous ground to make finals, they were nowhere near it last year and haven't got excited by any of their signings. Surfers just missed out on finals and have some young guns in Haberfield, Mutu, Preuss to step up.

My table
1. Morningside 2. Labrador (very deep pockets from rumours) 3. Broadbeach 4. PBC
5. Surfers 6. Mt Gravatt 7. Grange 8. Magpies 9. Uni 10. Sandgate

For teams 4 down a lot will depend on top ups from NEAFL which will make it a raffle.

PBC will need to drop away considerably not to make finals. Grange and Magpies will need to make up enormous ground to make finals, they were nowhere near it last year and haven't got excited by any of their signings. Surfers just missed out on finals and have some young guns in Haberfield, Mutu, Preuss to step up.

My table
1. Morningside 2. Labrador (very deep pockets from rumours) 3. Broadbeach 4. PBC
5. Surfers 6. Mt Gravatt 7. Grange 8. Magpies 9. Uni 10. Sandgate

For teams 4 down a lot will depend on top ups from NEAFL which will make it a raffle.

Dont see Preuss been around next year. Doing pre season with Southport. Word is if does not listed or rookie listed, most probably try his luck in the VFL

Dont see Preuss been around next year. Doing pre season with Southport. Word is if does not listed or rookie listed, most probably try his luck in the VFL

I'd be shocked if sharks don't sign pruess. He is 200 cm and a good up and comer. I reckon he could potentially be an afl player if he continues to improve. At this stage Wolbers and Brennan ahead of him but realistically you need a few big boys on the list. Fraser and mutu more likely southport rookies I reckon but more likely to play at surfers or Suns reserves.

As for next year I reckon the top 5 will remain the same. I reckon ex neafl teams 1-4 and pbc 5th. West magpies 6th followed by surfers , uq and a winless Sandgate to cop some beltings.

Most likely a panthers tigers granny again as both have recruited well and were already stronger than the other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back