EPL Season Pass or something similar

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey lads,

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any kind of EPL pass you could buy that is similar to NBA or NHL and you can watch any game you want at any time and live?
There is EPL on demand which is run by foxtel and offered online through the fox sports website. They deliberately offer you a sub par product in the hope you will just pay for a foxtel subscription. You get 4 live games each week and the other 6 games on demand about 6-10 hours after completion. The games that were shown live are not available to watch on demand and sometimes they have multiple of their live games in the same timeslot.

I used it last season but have access to foxtel for this season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/eplondemand?nk=68d9fbedba1faa273df4e5b6481c665f

Unfortunately Foxtel have a monopoly on everything in this country.

That's why we're able to access games by alternate means :)
Think it's more to do with the EPL to be honest.

The NBA, NFL and MLB all have their live and on demand streaming services available to Australians. The EPL seems very restrictive with their broadcasting even for Poms apparently.

Yeah I did see the foxtel one but it looked pretty restrictive. I don't have foxtel as I've never really had a need for it apart from sport but all my mates have usually had it so I just went there. One of them's parents is getting rid of it and he's a gooner so we usually get to watch them together whereas my other mates are Chelsea and United so it's hard to watch arsenal when those games clash or are on late.

Pretty ridiculous that there isn't a better product if you ask me

EPL on Demand isn't perfect but great value if you share an account, I only paid $45 this way. The video quality is excellent too.

I'm just piggy backing off my parents Foxtel with Foxtel Go, if you have a mate that has access to Foxtel Go, see if you can use their account details.
Can you use that at the same time as them if they are watching it on tv?

Anyone know if Foxtel Play is good?

Find a mate with foxtel and ask them if you can borrow their foxtel go login (you get 3 per foxtel connection). Use foxtel go through your laptop and connect it to the TV. Offer your mate a slab or similar remuneration for access to foxtel go and job done!!
So is an iPad and a laptop consider one item each so that would already be two used? If that made sense

You can have 3 devices on the one account. And yes you can use it while your mate is watching it on their TV. Yeah my parents both have it on their iPads, so I use my Mac as the 3rd device.
And that's three devices on top of the TV right? And you can remove a device if need be and replace it with another, am I correct?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only other restriction is you can use 2 devices max at the same time (can't use all 3 simultaneously ).

...and only one device change a month on Go. Foxtel Play is the same quality as Foxtel Go - ie. dependent on the internet you have. Again you can register 3 devices, but it adds the option of PS3, PS4 and X-Box 360 into the mix (X-Box one not yet available), along with iphone, ipad, pc etc...

Cost is $50 a month minimum to get basic plus sport, but could be split 2-3 ways with mates as long as you know in the case of splitting 3 ways only 2 can run at the same time, so two ways is more feasible...$25 a month for each of you...but no lock in contracts...

...and only one device change a month on Go. Foxtel Play is the same quality as Foxtel Go - ie. dependent on the internet you have. Again you can register 3 devices, but it adds the option of PS3, PS4 and X-Box 360 into the mix (X-Box one not yet available), along with iphone, ipad, pc etc...

Cost is $50 a month minimum to get basic plus sport, but could be split 2-3 ways with mates as long as you know in the case of splitting 3 ways only 2 can run at the same time, so two ways is more feasible...$25 a month for each of you...but no lock in contracts...

Yeah that's the other option. I mean, when I think about it, you could just pay the 50 a month and get normal foxtel but you would be locked in for a year I guess.

Perhaps foxtel play is the way to go.

Foxtel should sell single game passes to watch online. I'd pay at least $10 per game. So many times I've been at a mate's house and we've wanted to watch football but couldn't because he hasn't had Foxtel.

Downside with foxtel play is that you cannot record. Only the IQ box that comes with full foxtel allows programs to be recorded.

Anyone seen how NBC Sports handles coverage? They have all 380 PL season games stream-able on website and tablet app (albeit region blocked). Tempting as I can get access to a 6 month password for around $40au. Already have a DNS blocker. Question is do they carry English commentary or some hyperbolic US guys calling the play...

Anyone seen how NBC Sports handles coverage? They have all 380 PL season games stream-able on website and tablet app (albeit region blocked). Tempting as I can get access to a 6 month password for around $40au. Already have a DNS blocker. Question is do they carry English commentary or some hyperbolic US guys calling the play...
US I'm pretty certain.

I sometimes end up with an NBC stream and they're yanks commentating. And when watching the EPL in the States on NBC I copped yank commentary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back