Shahid Afridi - Will he ever grow up?

Remove this Banner Ad

dashing_man

Debutant
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Was that intentional swipe at Misbah at post match interview after 3rd ODI? I think, it was. :)

"Our strength is aggression," Shahid Afridi says. "The only way of defence should be aggression. Everyone imbibed that. Batsmen played their part, bowlers played theirs. We were in a good position, so I came up the order to take advantage of the powerplay.

Misbah tries to talk to Afridi but Afridi has his face turned away the whle time and then quickly walks away to Mushy...

I haven't got a gif but these images tell the story...

1. Afridi hugs Misbah facing away, avoiding contact with his hand maintaining distance by his hand being on Misbahs shoulder not his side. Misbah smiling...

1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0-1-jpg.17952

2. Misbah tries to talk but Afridi stays facing away and pulls away. Misbah tries to grab Afridi's arm...

1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0-2-jpg.17953

3. Misbah grabs Afridi's arm and tries to hold him to say something but Afridi pulls away, still looking away and doesnt acknowledge that Misbah just grabbed his arm...

1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0-3-jpg.17954

4. Afridi pulls his arm away and goes to hug Mushy, Misbah tries to cover his embarassment by calling to Younis...

1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0-jpg.17955

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I remember the day Australia played a T20 against Pakistan at Adelaide Oval, first T20I there and Afridi was playing.. was so excited to see him in Adelaide as I hadn't gone before (Wasn't a member at that stage). Out 2nd ball, took a few wickets. It was the epitome of an Afridi performance.

EDIT: Might have been against Aus A.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember the day Australia played a T20 against Pakistan at Adelaide Oval, first T20I there and Afridi was playing.. was so excited to see him in Adelaide as I hadn't gone before (Wasn't a member at that stage). Out 2nd ball, took a few wickets. It was the epitome of an Afridi performance.

EDIT: Might have been against Aus A.

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/81/81435.html

This game? IIRC Haddin famously faced a free hit off Shoiab from behind the stumps.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
76ers
he seems like an abolute f***wit on the cricket field. Seems really selfish. I would hate to have him on my team, even though he's an effective bowler.

But seriously, seems like an absolute d***. Who the hell runs on the pitch and bites the ball, can't believe he's still playing cricket as this level.

dashing_man

Debutant
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
<br /> <br /> <br />Do you really want to know what happened? Dont just post one picture out of context. Show everything that happened. I was going to leave it but since you insist here we go.<br /> <br />Afridi was sat practising the stroke that got him out when Sarfaraz swept Milne down the ground for what looked like a six. This is what happened next...<br /> <br /> <br /><b>1. Here you see Afridi practising a shot and Misbah smiling at him trying to get his attention after Sarfaraz sweeps Milne down the ground.</b><br /> <br />
1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_01-jpg.18027
<br /> <br /><br /><br /><b>2. Afridi is still ignoring him so Misbah lightly jabs Afridi on the arm, still with a huge smile on his face...</b><br /> <br />
1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0-5-jpg.18028
<br /> <br /><br /><br /><b>3. Afridi glares at Misbah after getting a jab in the arm but Misbah cant stop smiling at Sarfaraz's sweep...<br /><br />
1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0-4-2-jpg.18029
</b><br /><br /><br /><br /><b>4. Afridi knows the cameras are on him and has no choice but to high five Misbah...</b><br /> <br />
1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0-4-3-jpg.18030
<br /><br /><br /><b>5. Straight after the high five, Afridi puts his hand to his head a clear body language sign meaning what the hell just happened. Afridi's face is flushed here with embarassment, Misbah has a genuine smile. This is why Misbah is such a great leader...<br /><br /><br />
1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0-4-5-jpg.18031
</b><br/>

Sent from my Nokia_XL using Tapatalk

he seems like an abolute f***wit on the cricket field. Seems really selfish. I would hate to have him on my team, even though he's an effective bowler.

But seriously, seems like an absolute d***. Who the hell runs on the pitch and bites the ball, can't believe he's still playing cricket as this level.

He mistook the ball for an apple.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
I heard that they don't actually know what his exact date of birth is.

Back