What happened to......??

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Combe played at the Adelaide Uni O-Ball in the mid-late 2000's. Basically took the piss out of the crowd of 'adults' who were singing along to every one of his songs! Legend.

I was there! He had the whole crowd jumping. Was hilarious.

Here's another one: Penelope Ann Miller. Well, she didn't exactly disappear, but after seemingly being on the rise in the early '90s, her career fizzed out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penelope_Ann_Miller

She was in a few ok and well known movies between 1990 and 1994 -- Carlito's Way, Kindergarten Cop, Chaplin, Awakenings, Other People's Money and The Shadow -- then took a 3-year break.

After that, among a couple of other things, she was in The Relic and Along Came a Spider, then she disappeared for another 5 years. Since then, the only stuff she did of any note was The Messengers and The Artist; she was also in some big bombs. She had a kid in late 2000, so I guess she wanted to be a mum for a while.

fhd993CLW_Penelope_Ann_Miller_023.jpg

Last edited:
Another one: Maria Pitillo. She was on the rise in the '90s, but her career totally bombed after winning a Golden Raspberry for her performance in Godzilla (1998), despite it doing ok at the box office. She's done virtually nothing since 2002 (3 credits).

Godzilla+-+Maria+Pitillo.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, this one's not very interesting, but I wanted to put it somewhere :D

On the off chance that anyone ever wondered or cared what Dean Cain (Lois and Clark) does for a work these days; well, along with the odd "real" movie that have limited cinema releases, he does an amazing amount of straight-to-dvd and tv films.
Just since the start of 2010, he's done 35 low-budget films!!!!!!
Talk about prolific. :p

Last edited:
What happened to Little Birdy? One of my favourite bands in the mid noughties. Then just disappeared without a trace.

Hmmm, so, can Melissa George be a bit precious?
Pffft! I only know who she is coz she was in 2 episodes of Friends :D

Ah well, at least she doesn't put on a permanent fake American accent, like "Mandy Rogers" and Julian McMahon. Flogs :p
Isn't Melissa George the one that gets shitty anytime someone mentions she used to be on Home and Away and recently said she'd much rather be walking her dog in Paris than spend any time in Australia?

She's a proper flog.

Isn't Melissa George the one that gets shitty anytime someone mentions she used to be on Home and Away and recently said she'd much rather be walking her dog in Paris than spend any time in Australia?

She's a proper flog.

Yeah she cracked the shits on one of the Seven morning shows last year.Dunno why as it's what she's best known for.

What happened to the dozens of home and away/ neighbours "stars" who moved to LA to further their career?

A few made good but the majority disappeared, which probably isn't such a bad thing.

There's one guy who was one of those H&A stars who you now see in ads,so obviously his career died after leaving the show.He's in the RAMS ad where him and his girlfriend are sitting on the couch and her parents are there making out.
Can't think of his name.

Ok, this one's not very interesting, but I wanted to put it somewhere :D

On the off chance that anyone ever wondered or cared what Dean Cain (Lois and Clark) does for a work these days; well, along with the odd "real" movie that let limited cinema releases, he does an amazing amount of straight-to-dvd and tv films.
Just since the start of 2010, he's done 35 low-budget films!!!!!!
Talk about prolific. :p

He's pretty much the king of the midday movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell is Todd Bridges the last one standing ?
With his drug dealing and other s**t I thought he was bound to get bumped off years ago

Mrs Garrett's still alive as well!

Ben McKenzie went on to be one of the main stars in Southland but Mischa Barton's career went down the crapper [or the bottom of a vodka bottle]
For some reason Seven bought her out here a year or two ago for the Melbourne Cup.

Ben McKenzie is playing James Gordon in "Gotham".

Yeah I remember he was on Southland but heard that got cancelled.

No Idea what happened to Mischa, I remember she started getting into the fashion industry but this was like... a couple years after O.C finished.

Have heard nothing from Adam Brody, I remember he had a little cameo in Mr and Mrs Smith LOL that was a loooong time ago.

I know Rachel Bilson is a the star of Hart of Dixie, a pretty girly show but I've watched the first season just for her :p

Also, I think the lesbian that Marissa got with is Olivia Wilde (?). Her career is going strong.

To all you people who hated the "Star Wars" prequels, Rachel Bilson is married to Hayden Christensen, who played Anakin Skywalker.

I smashed through season 1, watching season 2 at the moment. I watch it for the lame girly plots though, not Rachel Bilson in those shorts of hers :p

I can't remember exactly what happened with the Olsen twins, but Mary-Kate had an eating disorder and I think Ashley tried to pursue acting alone, but that didn't really work out. I loved Lizzie McGuire, great show for girls growing up.

Last I heard about Hilary Duff, she left showbiz to raise her children. There was talk of her doing a couple of singing gigs and the occasional acting role, but her full-time career is over.

Considering the way Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes and Miley Cyrus has gone, Hilary Duff made the wise decision to get out.

Ah yeah, Nikki Osborne is on those commercials for .......something.
I used to stare at her eyes when she was on Quizmania. :D

That's not where I was looking! ;)

I wonder how many of these people will pop up on some celebrity reality show one day?

But then, maybe even the celebs on those are more high-profile than this list.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's one guy who was one of those H&A stars who you now see in ads,so obviously his career died after leaving the show.He's in the RAMS ad where him and his girlfriend are sitting on the couch and her parents are there making out.
Can't think of his name.

Dieter Brummer? Mat Stevenson? Adam Willits? Norman Coburn?

Sad I know who they are isn't it? Glad I haven't watched H&A since about 1996.

Robert MacNaughton who, as a 16-year-old, played the older brother in E.T. While it's common for child actors not to kick on, he only had 5 more acting credits in 5 years after being in one of the biggest movies ever, and retired in 1987, at 21.

20548-_0015_CastofE_Mark_413208_Max_full-480w.jpg

- thinking back to the short lived era of late night rigged 'game shows', we all know what happened to Amy Parks who was last spotted reporting at AAMI Park, but what of the others (Nikki Osbourne and Brodie Young)?

She was on that Aussie comedy show Kinne this year. Still lookin fine.

Debra Winger.

She was pretty big in the '80s and early '90s (Urban Cowboy, Officer And a Gentleman, Terms of Endearment and Legal Eagles), got tons of best actress nominations (3 Oscar nominations, 4 Golden Globe nominations, BAFTAs, etc, etc), did another 10 movies after Legal Eagles, then quit acting for ages in 1995. She came back in 2001, but has since only done a handful of small parts in mostly low-budget films, and some tv stuff.

I suppose it's no mystery what happened to her career, coz it's even on Wikipedia. She reckons she'd had enough, but was also apparently difficult to work with, and occasionally bagged her films and co-workers in the press, which obviously didn't go down well in the biz.

http://lebeauleblog.com/2013/02/02/what-the-hell-happened-to-debra-winger/

I'm going to say most of the LOTR cast. Apart from Orlando Bloom, Cate Blanchett and Ian McKellen, I haven't seen many others in recent films or anything. Elijah wood? He's gone missing, I know Sean Austin was a big hit growing up but has disappeared recently. The actor of Mary was in a few movies and TV shows. Vigo Mortensen has also fallen away, after the LOTR I saw him in 1 film which was Hidalgo.

I'm going to say most of the LOTR cast. Apart from Orlando Bloom, Cate Blanchett and Ian McKellen, I haven't seen many others in recent films or anything. Elijah wood? He's gone missing, I know Sean Austin was a big hit growing up but has disappeared recently. The actor of Mary was in a few movies and TV shows. Vigo Mortensen has also fallen away, after the LOTR I saw him in 1 film which was Hidalgo.

Elijah Wood is in the US version of the Aussie show Wilfred

Sean Astin pops up in lots of things.I remember seeing him in recent years in eps of NCIS and Franklin & Bash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back