Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 20, 2013
Test Cricket
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LIVERPOOL, Sydney FC, Nottm Forest
This show is going to almost certainly fail. But I'll probably end up watching it just to see how stupid it is. The first episode anyway.

Anyone have any idea "who's going into the jungle"?

Obviously it will all be done in a controlled environment with no danger. Even more so than Man vs Wild.

The oz version hosted by Julia morris and Bondi chin?

Il hazard a guess:

- the chick from that those toyota ads
- Some ex footy player that will be called a 'star' but will Actually be like Simon Godfrey or some #$@%
- some big brother twerp, probably the bald git with the glasses
- one of the daddos
- the rest of the daddos
- Shelley craft's shunned sister, 'witch'
- some #%$&
- some other #$%#
- a soap bar with pubes on it
- Mark holden

Story in yesterdays paper says they're struggling to find enough "celebrities" to do it
Article mentioned Sophie Monk got offered $60k a week to do it.

I'll do it for half that. I'm at least half as famous as Sophie Monk.

They tried getting Derryn Hinch but his doctors advised him not to do it
They really are scraping the bottom of the barrell
Shame. If he did it I might watch for the chance of Hinch getting mauled by wild animals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may actually work for Ten.

I mean, I'm not even remotely interested, but it has the ability to do better than So You Think You Can Dance, which would be a step up, at least.

Ten is going for the more obscure programmes from overseas this year - Shark Tank (ie. Dragon's Den) has only been done once, on Seven a few years ago. GoggleBox and I'm a Celebrity haven't been done here at all. Seems to be smarter work from Ten this year.

It looks like it will be mostly CH 10 contracted employees that get asked (forced) to go on, maybe 1 or 2 still trying to remain significant will take the money on offer. There is not much incentive for anyone remotely famous to do these show's, when you look at how Celebrity Apprentice cast and edit to make them all look like pricks, its seems more like a career killer than saver. Tahan that was on BB 2 years ago should be top of their shopping list IMO, probably a chance of actually agreeing to be on it and will bring viewers.

The big problem Ten faces is that we don't have the kind of 'celebrity' production factory that the UK has. TV and newspapers work in tandem, so to speak, and are so central to British society that it results in the kind of people who would appear on this being relatively easy to find.

I also suspect there isn't quite the same stigma attached to it as there will be here.

so i wonder who the famous ex-cricketer they are promoting will be ? probably be brendan julian !!

I could too, except he would be very comfortable in the middle of the jungle.
giphy.gif

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back