Computers & Internet Tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you write in your info you're not interested in using tinder for sex and if they match with you... bingo

also you can flat out ask them

I had that for about a week, which didn't bother me too much (they are actually decent add ons). But limiting the amount of likes to the free user is going to kill the app off VERY quickly. Greed has won out here, the whole point of Tinder was that it was free, easy and every (single) person was on it. Paying for it will change all of that. I suspect we won't be talking about it this time next year.

you would think (and hope!) another type of App will get made and they will do what instagram does and get sponsers so people dont have to pay.

my Tinder version is old so i have not got any notifications about paying yet while a few of my mates have and are fairly shattered about it :)

you would think (and hope!) another type of App will get made and they will do what instagram does and get sponsers so people dont have to pay.

my Tinder version is old so i have not got any notifications about paying yet while a few of my mates have and are fairly shattered about it :)
Same I'm on the iOS 6 tinder.

That's a good point, and the next few months will be interesting to see what comes up. Surely there are some pretty cluey app developers out there who can sense the moment to pounce is now. Apparently the 'latest version' of the app has a rating of 1.5 stars so it's clear the masses aren't happy.

Another down side to Tinder Plus - girls who continue to use the free version (the majority, I suspect), will be more picky with who they swipe right to. That can't be good for the common man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. A lot of people get defensive when you suggest this, but it's reality so denying it is pointless.

I've always wanted to do a social experiment by creating an online dating profile as a pseudo control group. Find pictures of a good looking bloke, token rig shot etc. and put together a pretty boring, badly written profile. Hobbies: 'goin 2 gym' and s**t like that.

Step 1, create the above profile for Douchey McDoughington.

Step 2, find say 10 girls who have actually gone to an effort with their profile.

Step 3 (the time consuming bit), create a profile of a guy for each girl based on what they say they want. Common interests, hobbies, experiences etc. Include a photo of an average looking bloke or maybe no photo to start with.

Step 4, contact each girl from their 'matched' profile and Douchey McDouchington.

Step 5, observe results.

One day I'll get there. Maybe.
I did this once. I had two profiles, my own and one I created with Woody Allens son (hes a model). I made his profile as shitty as I could, with spelling mistakes and sleaze all other the place.

I then contact ten women in turn, with my profile and with the fake profile. Plus one woman that I had actually gone out with on a date a few weeks before who had subsequently ignored me. Fine, whatever, Im used to it.

It was hilarious. Many of the women would make funny jokes about the spelling mistakes I made as the model within ten seconds, yet I would spell perfectly as myself and they would take forever to respond. Their profiles would be filled with how they wanted men to be kind, considerate and helpful. As the model I would then tell them about how I would laugh at homeless people and give them US pennies instead of Aus currency and how I had slept with dozens of women. They would lap it up.

The woman I went out with for a first date? I treated her like s**t as the model, even called her a **** and a turd, then arranged a date somewhere expensive. She gobbled it up. I naturally didnt turn up. She was back online asking "what did I do wrong?" Then it was "When can we meet up again?"

And feminists wonder why men dont respect women :rolleyes:

I'm bored of tinder, been using it for a month and got something like 150 matches. I only used it to troll people and I've got some absolute classics out of it but now I've got too many people talking to me and wanting to meet up and someone is actually ******* stalking me. Maybe I should just change my name to Gable Totsee.

I'm bored of tinder, been using it for a month and got something like 150 matches. I only used it to troll people and I've got some absolute classics out of it but now I've got too many people talking to me and wanting to meet up and someone is actually ******* stalking me. Maybe I should just change my name to Gable Totsee.

Does your profile say that you shave your arse?

Out of curiosity, those that are now dating thanks to Tinder, did you ever ask your partner if they'd met up with randoms before?
I know they probably wont come out and say they've been through the St Kilda leadership group but is it just a case of don't ask, don't tell?

Post the trolls.

Post the trolls.

I found sooz's cousin

Ala6c4R.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back